cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention sellers, lack of communication is unacceptable.

I don't mind a delay in delivery when there's a reason but when I emailed a seller twice in two days and got no response, I posted negative feedback.

So, my advice to all you sellers: Check your messages frequently and respond promptly when a buyer reports a problem.

If you already do that, fine.

This is addressed to those that don't and negative feedback might be the only way to get your attention.

Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: Attention sellers, lack of communication is unacceptable.

What is an OP???

Message 136 of 148
latest reply

@oz_in_ohio wrote:

What is an OP???

Depends on the sentence it's used in...

OP = Original Poster

OR

Original Post

I hate photobucket right now... PS Answers given years ago may or may not be current now, please check with current posters to the boards to see if the information is still relevant.
Message 137 of 148
latest reply

Soon buyers will be expecting us to instantaneously teleport their purchases to them, too.
Message 138 of 148
latest reply

Definitely on my blocked list...but then again this buyer probably couldn't afford the items I sell:))

Message 139 of 148
latest reply

I get notices of people buying from me many, many hours after paypal has already informed me. Don't forget that this is cyberspace too... lots of things can happen on the way to grandma's house.
Message 140 of 148
latest reply

I definitely agree with you. However I have waited more than 2 days to even weeks for a response, and it is rather frustrating.

There are some sellers that lack communication skills so I can say THUMPS up to you!

Message 141 of 148
latest reply

Over a year later and this thread is still going!

Wonder if the OP got his question answered? lol

I love you forever, Christie! Fly high, precious daughter 1/14/1987-12/20/2016
Message 142 of 148
latest reply

If Ebay sellers weren't so grossly unprofessional they wouldn't have to worry about negative feedback. The fact is, they get way too many passes as it is, and this has fostered an epidemic complacency in the Ebay seller community. If you sell a product or service on Ebay, that is your job and you should perform it with some degree of professionalism, regardless of what your "real" job is. This is how the rest of the world works. If you don't like it, don't sell on Ebay.
Message 143 of 148
latest reply

"Because I'm the only opinion that counts to me."

Funny thing, your neg (opinion) on the buyer doesn't count to me.  Defeating the purpose of leaving it.

Although some of the responses to you are particularly abrasive (that's how this - and many - redundant forums work), it also seems to be pretty hilarious that you made a forum post discussion about your opinion while dismissing everyone else's.   I've negged many a seller for many things and I can't recall ever needing to announce it to everyone.  

Message 144 of 148
latest reply

If you're that impatient, you should not buy online. Purchase your items directly from your local retail store so you can get instant gratification. 

Have you ever sold anything on ebay? If you haven't I suggest you try it for at least 30 days in order to get a different perspective of a transaction. 

**********************************************************************************

Non payers should get unpaid item strikes and be added to block bidders lists. Period.
Message 145 of 148
latest reply

@usmc*usnmom wrote:

Over a year later and this thread is still going!

Now well into its second year, as a matter of fact...

@usmc*usnmom wrote:

Wonder if the OP got his question answered? lol

I would assume so; he hasn't posted here since May of 2015...

Message 146 of 148
latest reply

There are no conversations in eBay forums anymore? No one is in here since 2017 ? Can't find hardly anyone with relevant issues for 2 years? What is going on? Everyone is going elsewhere for help?

Message 147 of 148
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here.

Thanks.
Message 148 of 148
latest reply