cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attention sellers, lack of communication is unacceptable.

I don't mind a delay in delivery when there's a reason but when I emailed a seller twice in two days and got no response, I posted negative feedback.

So, my advice to all you sellers: Check your messages frequently and respond promptly when a buyer reports a problem.

If you already do that, fine.

This is addressed to those that don't and negative feedback might be the only way to get your attention.

Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: Attention sellers, lack of communication is unacceptable.

"new" is a relative term here.

He's had his account for the past 8 years. That is not new. Granted, very little feedback, but that I still don't see him being a so-called "newbie".

Now, with that said, and this is just my opinion, but why in the world do buyers buy from sellers who have over 1000 negatives in a year???? 1893 negatives? Are you kidding me.

To me, that's just foolish. And I don't care to hear about percentages, or total sales completed with positives. This seller he left negative for has had 68 neutrals and another 68 negatives in just the past month alone.

I'm sorry, but here's two basic points of opinion (my two cents): The OP was foolish for buying from this seller, and ebay is selfish for allowing this seller.

That's my take. And one other thing that I have noticed from my own experience. Buyers who have long-standing accounts but who use them very infrequently are more likely to give a seller a problem and leave negative on unreasonable ground. More likely than the frequent flyer buyers.
Message 46 of 148
latest reply

@city*satins wrote:

Paypal does not like buyers to do credit card chargebacks instead of going through the buyer protection program and sellers who do both concurrently are apt to have their Paypal account closed.

Oh, I'm so afraid.

Message 47 of 148
latest reply

@password9019 wrote:
"new" is a relative term here.

He's had his account for the past 8 years. That is not new. Granted, very little feedback, but that I still don't see him being a so-called "newbie".

Now, with that said, and this is just my opinion, but why in the world do buyers buy from sellers who have over 1000 negatives in a year???? 1893 negatives? Are you kidding me.

To me, that's just foolish. And I don't care to hear about percentages, or total sales completed with positives. This seller he left negative for has had 68 neutrals and another 68 negatives in just the past month alone.

I'm sorry, but here's two basic points of opinion (my two cents): The OP was foolish for buying from this seller, and ebay is selfish for allowing this seller.

That's my take. And one other thing that I have noticed from my own experience. Buyers who have long-standing accounts but who use them very infrequently are more likely to give a seller a problem and leave negative on unreasonable ground. More likely than the frequent flyer buyers.

Finally, somebody making sense.

Yes, I missed all the negative feedback because I thought a 99.4% rating was all I needed to see. I won't make that mistake again.

Message 48 of 148
latest reply

@smick55 wrote:

This type of post always amazes me.  Sure, we want what we want when we want it but life happens.  I shall date myself, but mail order used to always include the clause:  Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. Can you even imagine something like that now? 

Sellers (at least I have) must literally run after the mail truck to get things in the mail.  Mail order now has evolved and the expectations are getting ridiculously impossible to met.  Not only are we held responsible for our leg of the journey but also for everyone else that touches the package along the way including leaving it at your door.  I see estimates of delivery that make me cringe.

Seriously, it was a Marx Brother's dvd -- not a kidney.  You can't lose money on this deal but seller's can lose their business, but of course, you make it clear that isn't important.  Maybe in the future, if we go back to the 4 to 6 weeks for delivery scenario then maybe it won't have been such a big deal after all.

pam

Another stupid remark. They just keep coming.

If it was a kidney, I wouldn't be buying on eBay. Duh!.

Message 49 of 148
latest reply

I'll be honest, I was no necessarily in love with your tone, in your OP.

That said, it's not your account or ebay behavior I would hold in question - it's the seller's account and behavior.

You would have been advised to do a little 'homework' before picking this buyer. I would never buy from a buyer that has that kind of FB, shooting silver star or not. 289,000 positives in the past twelve months or not. There's just no way.

Now on balance, it may be fair in this picture to say that you 'jumped the gun' a bit, in your decision to leave a neg. It appears a bit premature if not altogether preemptive. That's my take but make no mistake, ebay is just plain greedy and selfish to allow "too big to fail" sellers on here who leave literally thousands of customers without their purchase or in any event legitimately dissatisfied.

That seller has had all this negative in the past twelve months, and you can bet your bottom dollar he's had close to DOUBLE if not more than that much negative in the past 24 months. Ridiculous and inexcusable, imo.
Message 50 of 148
latest reply

@18704d wrote:

Amusing or not,

that's not how banks work.

If you complain, you don't automatically get your money refunded on the day you call.

It's slightly possible, your bank gave you a one time refund.

Emphasis on one time.

Most probably, your bank 'froze' the payment to the seller

which is why you see it in your account

while they wait 2-3 weeks for your seller to respond with proof of delivery.

If that's the case and when they do, you'll see it again deducted from your account.

Lynn

You're right. I was given a permanent credit because of my customer history with the bank. But I made it clear that I wanted the chargeback pursued. If I ever do receive the item I will happily have the credit reversed but I won't reverse my feedback.

Message 51 of 148
latest reply

@arizonajack85022 wrote:

@smick55 wrote:

Seriously, it was a Marx Brother's dvd -- not a kidney. 

pam

Another stupid remark. They just keep coming.

If it was a kidney, I wouldn't be buying on eBay. Duh!.

Right on, bro.  CRAIGS LIST is where to get a kidney. Smiley Very Happy

Message 52 of 148
latest reply

@password9019 wrote:
I'll be honest, I was no necessarily in love with your tone, in your OP.

That said, it's not your account or ebay behavior I would hold in question - it's the seller's account and behavior.

You would have been advised to do a little 'homework' before picking this buyer. I would never buy from a buyer that has that kind of FB, shooting silver star or not. 289,000 positives in the past twelve months or not. There's just no way.

Now on balance, it may be fair in this picture to say that you 'jumped the gun' a bit, in your decision to leave a neg. It appears a bit premature if not altogether preemptive. That's my take but make no mistake, ebay is just plain greedy and selfish to allow "too big to fail" sellers on here who leave literally thousands of customers without their purchase or in any event legitimately dissatisfied.

That seller has had all this negative in the past twelve months, and you can bet your bottom dollar he's had close to DOUBLE if not more than that much negative in the past 24 months. Ridiculous and inexcusable, imo.

Thank you for your constructive response. It's one of the few.

Message 53 of 148
latest reply

@arizonajack85022 wrote:

@18704d wrote:

Amusing or not,

that's not how banks work.

If you complain, you don't automatically get your money refunded on the day you call.

It's slightly possible, your bank gave you a one time refund.

Emphasis on one time.

Most probably, your bank 'froze' the payment to the seller

which is why you see it in your account

while they wait 2-3 weeks for your seller to respond with proof of delivery.

If that's the case and when they do, you'll see it again deducted from your account.

Lynn

You're right. I was given a permanent credit because of my customer history with the bank. But I made it clear that I wanted the chargeback pursued. If I ever do receive the item I will happily have the credit reversed but I won't reverse my feedback.

If the seller is able to prove delivery, the reversal won't be the buyer's decision, it'll be Paypal's.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 54 of 148
latest reply

you are welcome. I do try to be fair and balanced here. At least to the ebay members.

It's employees, managers and executives....well that's another story. They've pretty much ran out of credibility with me...a long time ago. When dealing with CSR's, it is often hard to offer them open-ended and perfectly balanced impressions, and the benefit of tabula rasa, if you know what I mean.
Message 55 of 148
latest reply

there is some importance and some measure or a reasonable assertion here, imo. I thought the post was well stated and raised a valid concern.
Message 56 of 148
latest reply

"Seriously, it was a Marx Brother's dvd --"

Seriously........and Marx Brothers!! HA!!! Maybe he's tired of watching melodramatic lifetime mini-series', and moving on to some comic relief!?! Entire thread is a modern day "Who's on first" routine!!
Message 57 of 148
latest reply

Let me know when you can afford to make a purchase over $7 and I'll adjust my settings to block you.  I just checked your bid history and I have to thank you for the laugh….

Your big purchase of the month is a set of $4 VHS tape from 1985 and you are confused as to why the sellers you are purchasing from do not respond instantly????  

Just a guess, however, I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that they are as UP TO DATE on technology as you ...Once again...thanks for the laugh....
Message 58 of 148
latest reply

I think this may be the first seller I have ever seen with over a one milling feedback.

“Like crying wolf, if you keep looking for sympathy as a justification for your actions, you will someday be left standing alone when you really need help.”
― Criss Jami

Message 59 of 148
latest reply

million

“Like crying wolf, if you keep looking for sympathy as a justification for your actions, you will someday be left standing alone when you really need help.”
― Criss Jami

Message 60 of 148
latest reply