What's up with that ?

Message 1 of 89
latest reply
88 REPLIES 88

Re: Ask Seller a Question Link is Gone .... Just Started Today

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well as long as I am logged in I can see my

Ask Seller a Question Link on the top right in Firefox, But when I tried to see on Explorer not logged in No no like to ask questions at all.. What gives Its bad enough I am not getting sales But now even if they like something they can't ask any questions before buying? Thats crapo  

Message 61 of 89
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

No the problem is with Ebay All my Buyers use different browers, And will see what I see...Its all our Problems

Message 62 of 89
latest reply

This is no error, people. It rarely to never is an error when ebay changes the pages! It's testing different ways to see what happens. It's completely on purpose. Ebay doesn't want communication directly between buyer and seller. 

Ask a seller about the product at the bottom will give any seller who has the product a chance to respond first to the question. It is generic, it is not seller specific. Buyers won't know this of course, because ebay won't highlight what is going on here, nor give directions if a buyer wants to contact a specific seller of the product, nor explain what is going on to avoid confusion. Ebay doesn't want that!

Ebay wants a sale, and they want it with zero communication between buyer and seller. You can't find the information in the listing? Then go buy the same thing from somebody else out of frustration that you can't find the contact a seller link. 

Message 63 of 89
latest reply

Okay  so this is crazy, I posted this before I saw this link

Strange Email- Help answer a question from the eBay community.

badrock
Adventurer

Okay I received an email from eBay, direct to my personal email, but not in eBay messages

Help answer a question from the eBay community.

An eBay member has a question for you.

A buyer is interested in the product you’re selling but they have a question. Can you help them out?

The question:

“in your politics you can make a excepcion for to paid with a credit card and not pay pal? how its”

Okay so not in my messages, doesn't say buyers name and all I can do is answer the question.

that page says :

in your politics you can make a excepcion for to paid with a credit card and not pay pal? how its

Your Answer:5000

All answers provided will be publicly available on eBay. See our All answers provided will be publicly available on eBay. See ourcommunity guidelines.

So what is this and why would I not get a direct ask the seller a question? It does have the item and listing in the email.

END OP

So now I have an issue, the message does not come up in my messages, goes to my direct email, I am thinking spoof. I answer question no idea where that goes. I have no idea where or who this person is. Plus it says goes to public Q & A page - so do all sellers get the same question, can all sellers see if they need to undercut me. I looked and looked for my answer. where is it?

I answered to the buyer contact me directly from the ask seller link on the listing. Poor guy or gal is now probably totally confused. As I am.

Message 64 of 89
latest reply

Okay so I started another post on this before I saw this one here is my first question :

Strange Email- Help answer a question from the eBay community.

Okay I received an email from eBay, direct to my personal email, but not in eBay messages

Help answer a question from the eBay community.

An eBay member has a question for you.

A buyer is interested in the product you’re selling but they have a question. Can you help them out?

The question:

“in your politics you can make a excepcion for to paid with a credit card and not pay pal? how its”

Okay so not in my messages, doesn't say buyers name and all I can do is answer the question.

that page says : See all Q&A

in your politics you can make a excepcion for to paid with a credit card and not pay pal? how its

Your Answer:5000

All answers provided will be publicly available on eBay. See our All answers provided will be publicly available on eBay.

See our community guidelines

So what is this and why would I not get a direct ask the seller a question? It does have the item and listing in the email END OP

So now for the issues - Message goes to my e-mail not in my messages I am thinking SPOOF. Does not say who or where this person is Issue with that if buyer is in an excluded shipping location. Says answers will be posted in Q&A  for all the community to see-does this mean all sellers also. I looked all over for the answer could not find it. Does this question go to all sellers of the same product or item?  I'll stop there but I'm just getting started.

Last I answered the buyer please contact me through the ask seller a question link. So now they are more confused than I am.

Message 65 of 89
latest reply

Ha ha just figured out buyers question he wants me to not require paypal and take payment through direct CC. Was too busy trying to figure out where the question came from.

Message 66 of 89
latest reply

I recieved a question from buyer using the new link, it does not show their name or location. It also goes to my direct email not My Messages, I thought it was a spoof. I replied but have no idea where the reply went. See post 64.

Message 67 of 89
latest reply

LMAO I sent it to eBay at spoof and they came back it was a spoof.

Message 68 of 89
latest reply

@sniper1-1 wrote:

I use chrome so that explains it

You're kidding me... it's 2017, and they didn't test this new unannounced change in Chrome?

I just went to ASQ on an item I want to buy four of. No. ASQ. Button. Anyplace. And... this was AFTER I had the extra click added to 'see entire description'... which opened in a new TAB, separate from the pictures, so I wound up having to click back and forth between the description and the pictures...

I'm using Chrome. I love Chrome. EVERYTHING ELSE, EVERYPLACE ELSE works JUST FINE on Chrome.

So, eBay... now that you've added an additional click or six to have to switch back in between the description and the pictures, NOW you want me to switch browsers if I want to ask the seller a question?

ARE. YOU. SERIOUS. ??

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 69 of 89
latest reply

That is a general ask a question on the Product that goes to many sellers, not just one.

I filled one out several days ago.

No response from ANYONE.

Message 70 of 89
latest reply

What "Box " I can't find it anywhere now, It was to the right of listing toward top for a while. Now it's completely gone.

Message 71 of 89
latest reply

All sellers getting question is just Stupid.. I want to as a seller a question about something that I'm intrestered in buying that this seller has, not everyone.

Message 72 of 89
latest reply

What BOX ????
Message 73 of 89
latest reply

I think the product question thing only applies to new items that several sellers are selling.

I asked a question on that in recent months, with the info given that it would go to many sellers for an answer.

Never received a single answer.

Message 74 of 89
latest reply

@1972jamwa wrote:

What "Box " I can't find it anywhere now, It was to the right of listing toward top for a while. Now it's completely gone.

Ebay has been in denial since I started rhis thread that this problem even exists.

I am using 2 different desktop computers, with 2 different browsers:

1 - Windows XP with Firefox and a tube monitor

and

2 - Windows 10 with Microsoft Edge and a tube monitor

and on BOTH computers, the ONLY way that I can get the Seller Information Box to appear on the top right part of a page ( so that I can FIND the Ask Seller a Question link ) is to:

1 - Adjust the screen view by Zooming OUT to an 80% view

and

2 - Then, refreshing the page

Since there has not been a general announcement to all users about this problem, ande since the probability of a buyer clicking on a seller's feedback and stumbling onto finding the Contact Seller link as an alternate way of asking the seller a question, we are stuck with a "IT IS WHAT IT IS" situation until Ebay acknowledges the problem, notifies users, and then fixes the problem.

I wonder how many buyers have just hit the BACK button when they can't find a way to ask the seller a question.

Message 75 of 89
latest reply