cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched item I sold with a broken one and now want to return

I recently sold an item that was 100% working and in near perfect condition. I packaged extremely well and shipped the item on time. I just got a return request claiming the item was damaged. I have a feeling that the item I sold was switched with a broken one and now I'm going to have to accept the return or issue a refund. I cannot prove this but there was a small difference between the items that I could see in the picture that was sent to me when the request was filed. This isn't the first time I feel like this has happened to me and I don't know what I can do to protect myself from it happening again. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

switcheroos are nearly impossible to defend against sorry, that is why I insure just about everything if a buyuhh I mean scammer says an item is broke I believe them and file the insurance claim.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Correct. You have no proof, and there is no proof of what you sent anyway.

Nothing  you can do about it. Return issues are a risk of online selling. Still, online returns are a tiny fraction of transactions.

Return outright or pay for a return label. The refund is for the full amount. Dont let it go til the buyer escates the case to ebay.

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage. ~ Anais Nin
Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Two things I've learned on this board:

1. Don't sell high-end clothes, shoes, or handbags.  They provide the source for a lot of buyer fraud.

2. If I sell any electronics, I will record all serial numbers for reference in case of returns.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

if there is a difference in pictures then you have a case. Make sure you can show the differences and explain them to ebay

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 5 of 5
latest reply