cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you embarrassed walking into the post office with your ebay Branded boxes - Tell the truth

I try not show the ebay logo, and I also stopped using ebay tapes, you can spot them from a mile away, brighter than the yellow crime scene tape.

Message 1 of 124
latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

Re: Are you embarrassed walking into the post office with your ebay Branded boxes - Tell the truth

Putting the sticker on your head would be a great way to walk around all day and advertise and probably get better results than multimillion dollar advertising. Everybody do it!! LOL.

Message 46 of 124
latest reply

Re: Are you embarrassed walking into the post office with your ebay Branded boxes - Tell the truth

I would even wear an Ebay branded t-shirt, hat, coat, scarf etc. How about a place to get that here along with the boxes. 

Message 47 of 124
latest reply

@mypostingid15 wrote:

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

I don’t get it? You’re embarrassed you sell on eBay? Working to support your family?That you know how to print shipping? Use free boxes? Are supporting the USPS?

Why do you care so much what strangers think? Do you sell embarrassing things?

No, no one knows what's inside the box. I think they all look at me as if I am hogging up the post office, people are in line to mail a package, then I come with my packages, filling the drop off box and taking larger item inside to the prepaid section passing all those in line, kinda of embarrassing, why do I feel like this?

If you could  schedule  a carrier pick up when you print out your shipping labels  you would  avoid going to the post office  all together . I don't know if the post office in your   area offers this service  but it might be worth looking into . Tulips

Message 48 of 124
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

Putting the sticker on your head would be a great way to walk around all day and advertise and probably get better results than multimillion dollar advertising. Everybody do it!! LOL.

Not just on your head, I can think of another place.

Message 49 of 124
latest reply

I hope your not throwing anything that is breakable.

Message 50 of 124
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

I would even wear an Ebay branded t-shirt, hat, coat, scarf etc. How about a place to get that here along with the boxes. 

Many years ago, I was "awarded" a tee with the eBay logo on it. For an an anniversary with eBay, maybe, or maybe it was one of those "welcome to" type things...I really don't remember. And though I donate things I can no longer wear, I have hung on to that tee. I think I wore it once.  It still hangs in my closet just because. I also remember that in the beginning, there was a colorful, glossy  (monthly, quarterly?) magazine type thing I received - all eBay. Those were the days...

Message 51 of 124
latest reply

I'm so old, smelly and ugly that people aren't looking at my packages, they stare at me....

Message 52 of 124
latest reply

I wouldn't use an e-bay branded box or their labels if they were free - what better way to let would be thieves know there are goodies inside!
Message 53 of 124
latest reply

No, I rarely have to do that, most of my stuff mails straight from the house.

Message 54 of 124
latest reply

My DH delivers our packages to the PO.   He says he gets funny looks when he stacks items on the prepaid label cabinet.  Some ask how he can do that and he explains about printing postage online - not just for ebay.  Our PO folks are really careful about scanning everything - and say thank you when boxes are brought in.  Business the way it should be.

Patd

Message 55 of 124
latest reply

I've reused ebay branded boxes from seller's but never bought ebay packing tape. I schedule pick-ups for my packages which are mostly first class and media mail items.

No need for me to stand in line at the P.O.

Message 56 of 124
latest reply

@lintbrush* wrote:

Absolutely not.

The more packages I go in with, the more happy I am.

Let em all see that eBay is viable and a place they may want to buy from  - that goes from the clerks to the other customers in line (and everyone behind the wall that we can't see working.  

Exactly!  I want everyone to think "eBay" when they're thinking of buying something online, and if you're a seller, you should too.  All that eBay tape and eBay stickers, and eBay-branded mailers I use is advertising for all of us sellers.

You (all) should be using them too.  Every sale here might lead to another one that puts $$$ in YOUR pocket.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 57 of 124
latest reply

Personally I wouldn't care if the packages were ( PURPLE with YELLOW POLKA DOTS ) !!! 😄 I'm more concerned that once I drop them off at the post office THEY GET WHERE THERE SUPPOSED TO 😳 and not travel around country before they do or ( IF ) they do !! Maybe the more colorful the more the postal workers would pay attention to them and the less of the country my packages would see !! Sometimes I think they are on TOUR !! As some have visited a few to many states before delivery or not 😳 !!  

Message 58 of 124
latest reply

No, but I keep waiting for all the Amazon boxes to start singingSmiley Very Happy

Message 59 of 124
latest reply

I use ebay packing supplies because they save me money on supplies [I rarely ship  Priority so can't use those free boxes from the P.O. ]

I have a small P.O. I trust where I leave the mail on the loading dock. I used to stand in line to get the scan but stopped when I went to 2-day shipping. I always come in on time because I ship in 1 day. 

I expect to get frowns here when I say that when I do go into the lobby and I see a customer with a ton of packages [not this time of year] I am nosy and ask if they sell online. I've met some nice people that way.  One of them saw me put mail on the loading dock and asked if that worked out well and it sounded like he had decided to do the same thing. 

Message 60 of 124
latest reply