cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you as concerned as I am with sales dropping off since Oct1? Searching for solution.

Had a slump a couple months ago. I reviewed listings ,did promotions,  added phots, etc. Everything I knew to do to kick off some sales. It was beginning to look good again. Sept was good. Then, Oct. hit and where are sales?  I know there are some glitches in Seller Hub. Is there an explanation that this sales slump has to do with EBAY website?  I guess what I'm asking is am I powerless to fix? Is it an EBAY issue?  My products haven't changed, my prices are good, etc. I can't believe sales tax has caused this.  What's up with this?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Are you as concerned as I am with sales dropping off since Oct1? Searching for solution.

lately in my buy it now listings I have been stating up front that my buy it now listings with only be on for 5 to 7 days only and by doing that I have had some luck. The 30 day GTC is too long, it does not give any sense of urgency for a potential buyer to buy it and after so long they just get bored and move on but I think when they see it wont be on long they are more apt to jump on it. After I do remove it I wait several days and relist it. It does keep it rather new to the list as well, so far it has improved my sales a little. I do not see any other way to beat the system but until they maybe fix this nonsense and give the selling duration back where it belongs which is the seller then that is what I will continue to do.

Message 16 of 25
latest reply

Re: Are you as concerned as I am with sales dropping off since Oct1? Searching for solution.

Solution to this is to go to "Sales Ending Today" and end them yourself before eBay automatically ends and then relists them. Then go to "Unsold Ended Listings" and relist each one individually as "Sell Similar." They will come up as new listings. At the same time I make changes and tweak the listings as I am relisting them. It's rather time consuming but goes pretty quickly once you get the hang of it.
Message 17 of 25
latest reply

Hi...

I  just read your entries and looked at your sales. I wish I had your problems  with your sales!. I've had a few sales in Oct., but for the most part, my sales are flat.  I've tried to not use "relist", I've lowered prices, I've swapped out pictures, I'm having a sale, I've promoted, I've changed the listing times...nothing!  I really think my items are not even being seen. I'm looking at my closets of items that are not selling, and I'm thinking of just folding it up. It's discouraging to keep listing and get no real sales. I wish I knew what I'm doing wrong.   I'm happy for you and your sales, but I'd be happy if my items sold like yours. Good job!

Message 18 of 25
latest reply

Had  a good September, but here we are in October, and sales are in the toilet. This is typical Christmas sales on Ebay for the past two to three years. By now, people have there money from there Christmas Clubs or Savings.  People are either not shopping on Ebay, or cannot find what they are looking, with the way Ebay post our ads, or doesn't post them. Christmas was a time when you could make a little extra, but not anymore. About this time every year, my sales usually tank.  I am just trying to make some extra money  towards my retirement, but that get to be less and less each year.  I have been on Ebay since 2002 , have jumped through all the hoops, and am constantly making changes to my  ads and keep trying to understand what Ebay's is looking for, so I can sell on there site.  At one time at Christmas I had over 400 items on Ebay, and now am down to  130-140.  I may have to soon give up my store, as The government will list it as a hobby. The word Profit and Ebay do not go together.  By the time Ebay figures out what its business model is, it may have buyers, but the small sellers that really cared will be gone. This is why I feel Ebay's message to small sellers like my self is  Merry "Thumpin" Christmas. From me Merry Christmas!! Thanks for letting me vent!!

Message 20 of 25
latest reply

Same here, sales were good in september than oct.... bammm not much at all.  ebay site is real slow also. I sure hope they fix things soon. 

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

Some of the responses here are just stupid. I mean absolutely stupid. Theres your answer OP. This place has become, well, stupid.

The changes. Stupid and unnecessary as they are every year.  Buyers, dumb as ever. And that's putting it lightly. Buying a used item that is as described and wanting to return 33 days later because the item isnt new is, stupid. Offering 5% of the buyers asking price, stupid and a waste of my time you're stupid as F. A buyer claiming they'll only buy from you if the shipping is free. Ya you're stupid as F too. Shipping is and never has been free.

Want some more reasons?

Message 22 of 25
latest reply

There is some truth in that buyers look for sellers that offer free shipping.  I started offering free shipping on any sales over $30. and for awhile, I was getting orders like crazy.  But it didn't last that long, this week I have had 1 lousy order every day, and they are very small.  In the entire time I have been selling on Ebay, I have NEVER only had 1 order.  Something has definitely changed.  I'm planning on running a big sale for all my listings, so I better get orders.  Have any of you called customer service during work hours (8-5) and complained?  Never call after hours, or you get another country who's reps are as helpful as if I asked my cat.  Maybe if we all start calling to report this, they might check into it.  Have any of you called?  if so, what did they say???

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

The lack in sales is definitely an Ebay issue.  I have many more listings on Ebay than I do on Etsy (same items).  I want to get rid of some of my stock in case sales stop completely, so I have a big sale going on both sites.  I am getting more than twice the number of sales on Etsy, as I am here.  This is insane.  

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

I was doing pretty much ok until they changed and added the tax.  I am mostly a seasonal seller so I understand when when it warms up. Even over the winter I didn't do much at all! i should add that shipping with USPS has also gone up and like many even I do not want to pay high shipping 😞

Message 25 of 25
latest reply