cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you as concerned as I am with sales dropping off since Oct1? Searching for solution.

Had a slump a couple months ago. I reviewed listings ,did promotions,  added phots, etc. Everything I knew to do to kick off some sales. It was beginning to look good again. Sept was good. Then, Oct. hit and where are sales?  I know there are some glitches in Seller Hub. Is there an explanation that this sales slump has to do with EBAY website?  I guess what I'm asking is am I powerless to fix? Is it an EBAY issue?  My products haven't changed, my prices are good, etc. I can't believe sales tax has caused this.  What's up with this?

Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Are you as concerned as I am with sales dropping off since Oct1? Searching for solution.

It's an Ebay glitch, likely associated with integrating the sales taxes that went into effect on Oct 1, which is also causing the seller hub issue. I've also had trouble generating shipping labels. And loading every Ebay page has been slow as **bleep**. 

I have tried to test the adblocking issue by turning off promoted listings but I've had no sales either way to make a comparison. I've dropped to literally 5% of my daily average over the past 5 days or so... a 95% plummet!  It's not like this with my Amazon listings. With every new rollout and addition and change to the platform they are stacking garbage on top of garbage. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: Are you as concerned as I am with sales dropping off since Oct1? Searching for solution.

Your products look like they are geared to the older set.     I can't see one of my kids buying anything from you.

There is nothing wrong with items geared to older consumers,  but you also need things geared to the younger set.

I would look at some on line sites for selling used clothing and see what they have out there.

Newer styles will bring in not only the younger set,  but the more you sell,  the higher your items go.

One of the men on the floor I am on sells sports collectables.    He also sells blind boxes,  the newest rage.   He has an app so that when they go on sale in some stores,  he runs out and buys them.   He used some Kohl's bucks, I think they were Kohls,  to buy some of the LOL stuff.  

This items lift his sales of the Sports collectables.

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

Its simple to figure out why sales have dropped its because ninety percent of eBay sellers are liars and scammers and buyers are taking a stand against those no count eBay sellers that eBay refuses to do nothing about simply because eBay might lose that no count sellers mighty dollar if they remove them I'm a seller with very clean feedback and I didn't get that good feedback by stealing scamming or lying to my good paying customers I also buy quite a lot but that is coming to an end because the last purchase I made said delivery due date was the sixteenth to the eighteenth  I paid fourth five dollars for shipping and its the eighteenth and still no package now when I go to the sellers page it nows says delivery on the twenty fifth because delivery date was changed 

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

I hear you. I intentionally market to grown men & women. Are you telling me that young buyers are on EBAY? Everything I research says -no. I've been selling pretty much the same way I started and sales dropped.
Message 4 of 25
latest reply

I notice that when Seller Hub doesn't have the correct sale totals listed, sales go slow.  I don't know if that's a coincidence or not but this is the 3rd time I had a dramatic drop when Seller Hub isn't updated correctly.   It would be nice if Ebay did a formal announcement of this issue rather than denying that all these glitches are not effecting sales.  

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

Same with us. Pretty good September and then a big drop in October. We also sell on the River tho and those sales have dropped even more.

Same trend, same months last year but we're not even doing as well as last year. We've reduced prices, run promotions, revised items and added lots of additional items. Sales still stalling.

I think the talk of  an approaching recession is hurting some and over half the country is living paycheck to paycheck. Besides that, I imagine that all the little eBay glitches are as annoying to buyers as they are to sellers.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

It's an Ebay glitch, likely associated with integrating the sales taxes that went into effect on Oct 1, which is also causing the seller hub issue. I've also had trouble generating shipping labels. And loading every Ebay page has been slow as **bleep**. 

I have tried to test the adblocking issue by turning off promoted listings but I've had no sales either way to make a comparison. I've dropped to literally 5% of my daily average over the past 5 days or so... a 95% plummet!  It's not like this with my Amazon listings. With every new rollout and addition and change to the platform they are stacking garbage on top of garbage. 

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

They really censored the CEE-ARE-A-PEE word??

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

I've called this time of year "Sucktober" for years now.  I still don't understand why orders dry up like that have, but it's a yearly phenomenon.  It's not just ebay that is slow right now either.  Even my Postman commented that no one is shipping anything out.  I guess he has a number of Online Sellers he regularly picks up shipped items from.  Same thing at the Post Office.  Friday afternoon there is always a line to get to the counter.  Today,  the clerks where twiddling their thumbs behind the counter.  I asked and they said it had been dead all day, they did not know why.
Do a little Googling and it looks like things are slow over on the River as well.

Looks to me like Im getting eyeballs on my listings.  I've been jumping through every ebay hoop.  People are just not spending money right now.  Wish I knew why.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm glad you said that, thought it was just me!!! I had 5 great months and then sales came to a screeching halt on October 1st. Like you, I just don't know the problem so that I can fix it and guessing it's MORE glitches that won't get fixed.
Message 10 of 25
latest reply

I think people are just not buying just now. Oct. has not been a good month at my mall booth  also. checked last years figures ,same Oct. slump.I also think impeachment issue may have unsettled some buyers , and they are being tight with money. You are right that half country does not have income to spend on anything but necessities, and live paycheck to paycheck. I am grateful every day that my husband and me started iras and 401ks as quick as we could. It really helps in retirement now. The best advise to young people, save your money, you cannot live on social security alone.

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Actually I think MORE people have MORE money in their pockets to buy, but between the glitches and the slowness of the servers and the strange search results, buyers are finding other places to look.
Message 12 of 25
latest reply

I think it has to do with the new "listed till sold" on Buy it nows.  Before you could relist and it would be in new listed now the item gets buried at the end.

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

@gladans wrote:

I think it has to do with the new "listed till sold" on Buy it nows.  Before you could relist and it would be in new listed now the item gets buried at the end.

I think this point is probably the main reason for this problem, when i search to buy something, i always look for the latest to be listed, fed up of sifting through old hat's

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

I just found a new selling site. "Mercari" free to list and only fee is 10% of final selling cost. I listed a couple things to try it out. My sales are down to nothing. I had 1 sale yesterday, I used to get 15+.
Message 15 of 25
latest reply