cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we going out of business eBay???

What's going on with you?  Is your IT department out to shut us down??  Not only am I a seller and full time business owner here on eBay I'm also a shareholder.  I'm going to keep this short and sweet.

You're killing my business.  I've been selling full time for over a decade and never have seen it so bad, even in 2008-09. 

You need to stop whatever you're doing that is causing this downturn.

We need your help.  PLEASE STOP!

If you kill our business now where will we be a year from now?  How many people will shut down their stores?  You won't get "promoted listing fees" if people pull the plug.  We won't stand for higher and higher expenses with lower and lower sales numbers.  Not going to happen.

Stop.

Message 1 of 246
latest reply
245 REPLIES 245

Re: Are we going out of business eBay???

Ok, so far I've had one sale... For $10.00

Come on. This is getting old. I need to move product!
Message 181 of 246
latest reply

@movieman630 wrote:
Ok, so far I've had one sale... For $10.00

Come on. This is getting old. I need to move product!

Don't want to brag or nothin', but I had one sale too ... $10.80!

Message 182 of 246
latest reply

Thats was my august sale....

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 183 of 246
latest reply

A day of excitement for many as we hope for new direction, a day of great sadness for others as the man they idolized is gone.    

Message 184 of 246
latest reply

Am I the only one who hasn't seen any action at all today? It's like someone pulled the plug again after an "up" weekend. I don't know what to make of this. So frustrating.
Message 185 of 246
latest reply

I bet the .80 was tax. Ha ha!
Message 186 of 246
latest reply

"EBay announced Wednesday that Devin Wenig is stepping down as president and CEO and the company is moving forward with the potential sale of assets."

I wonder what assets they are selling and why?

-------------
Posting ID
Message 187 of 246
latest reply

I just performed some of the searches for my own listings as shown on the Youtube video of Rallies roots. I could not see any of my listings and also found there were no promoted listings in my one selling category as I always have normally seen. I have the majority of my listings in PL. I also just got off the phone with a lethargic speaking young woman that sounded like she was on drugs and gave me the condescending, "We'll check on it." Not surprisingly she knew nothing of the PL listings going away. Good Lord, eBay must be having a terrible time getting good help. Can any confirm further about PLs going away?

Message 188 of 246
latest reply

That's the way it use to be, but not happening today for the moment.

Message 189 of 246
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@esg-enterprises You are correct. The top 5 or so motor guys are here competing against each other and blame Ebay. They just have too much competition among themselves to get all the sales they wish they had.

The "motors guys" you're referring to (including myself) do not compete with each other and work in different categories. We can see how eBay's changes have affected the entire category, and have enough data to support what we say. In addition to the numerous tech issues which have not been addressed and you can test for yourself, such as the broken fitment charts. And the VeRO issues where they are improperly punishing sellers goes against the words of the VeRO team directly.

I've asked this to you a number of times, but please don't give factitious information to forum members trying to slander us. I'm not sure why the forum mods even allow direct insults such as this.

We perform at the top of our category so you can't claim we don't know what we are doing. Especially when you have admit that you don't even sell on eBay seriously in the past, I don't know why you talk down to those of us who work on eBay as our full time job.

Message 190 of 246
latest reply

Agreed I have multiple seller accounts been here 20 years and 12 years of selling automotive parts full time. Our sales have been down to almost ZERO for the past couple of months compare to the usual 800-$2k a day. A lot of people will say well its you or your listings etc..let me tell you something: it's not. As a eBay pro I know all the tricks and then some been through the ringer with these incompetent executives for many years. You don't have $1k a day in sales every day for years and while adding products, promoted listings, free shipping etc and all of a sudden it halts to $50 a day sorry it's not a coincidence. Sales everywhere else on our own websites are steady and growing except on eBay where it's going down on a daily basis. This place is just done unless you're a Chinese seller dumping a million items at $0.99.
Message 191 of 246
latest reply

@stockjedi wrote:
Agreed I have multiple seller accounts been here 20 years and 12 years of selling automotive parts full time. Our sales have been down to almost ZERO for the past couple of months compare to the usual 800-$2k a day. A lot of people will say well its you or your listings etc..let me tell you something: it's not. As a eBay pro I know all the tricks and then some been through the ringer with these incompetent executives for many years. You don't have $1k a day in sales every day for years and while adding products, promoted listings, free shipping etc and all of a sudden it halts to $50 a day sorry it's not a coincidence. Sales everywhere else on our own websites are steady and growing except on eBay where it's going down on a daily basis. This place is just done unless you're a Chinese seller dumping a million items at $0.99.

Yep.

Obviously any successful seller isn't going to make any presumptions and see for themselves what is going on.

The whole claims that it's "competition" isn't even using a real life, logical form of supply and demand. Those at the top of the category got the most supply and best prices. Meaning it's expected to be performing better than the competitors. Very few in the category can compete with the prices of top manufacturers and partners.

When the number of total listings in a category is going down, the market itself is up, and top sellers are dropping across the board, the problems are obvious. And since listings are down, it is most certainly NOT that there's "more competition".

And then popular sellers can notice new sellers that literally copy our listings, are not TRS, have prices 20% higher, worse shipping, worse returns, worse feedback... yet get higher visibility in the category than items that are #1 Sales Rank (according to eBay) with 5+ years and 800+ sales? 

It's obvious what is going on, and it's out of the control of sellers, which is the problem. 

Especially when the crux of the argument supporting competition claims it's "prices that are not competitive"... if this were the case there would be only a few sellers in the category performing well. In truth, you can clearly see this isn't the case. New sellers that DON'T have competitive prices are some of the few sellers that are actually growing in the current climate! The whole "prices" argument doesn't even consider the Promoted Listings feature and how it boosts visibility for those who pay more. If it were about prices, then Promoted Listings wouldn't work at all.

Yet 1/3 - 1/2 of our sales per day come from Promoted Listings, despite our organic search placement being among the best in the category. And this amount of visibility (with paying promotion bucks) being less than we had when search was 100% organic. How is that explained in terms of "supply and demand"? It's not. The argument is bunk. 

It might be hard to see if you don't have many daily sales, but serious sellers can see (and do record) the statistics. You can see the exact point that eBay will see your store is doing too well for the day and shut down your sales. Follow it for a couple weeks and you can literally predict what is going to happen with a high percentage of accuracy. 

This isn't supply and demand. This isn't a search system designed around increasing your exposure. It's designed around limiting exposure.

Message 192 of 246
latest reply

Haha! No, but I did offer free shipping on that listing, so after shipping cost it really is only a $7.80 sale, so you do have me beat! 🙂 

So glad we can try to make some humor out of this awfulness! No other sales today, just pathetic! Another funny thing is the bell on my phone scared me when I got that sale, because I never hear it anymore. 

I have stuff to list, but honestly I don't have the energy to do a bunch of work for nothing. There is nothing worse then spending your whole day taking pictures, gathering information and pricing, having your hopes up that this will spark some kind of sales flurry only to have your hopes fall in the toilet, again. I refuse, it's nothing but a waste of time and effort.

Message 193 of 246
latest reply

I did some searches as you explained in your video. I found that not many if any of my promoted listings were showing up. I called ebay and below is what was sent.

---------------

First off, I can confirm that we are not getting rid of promoted listings at all. We are, however, adjusting which listings (organic or promoted) show in the search results and that started this month.

The change we are making is that your item is only going to show in the search results as the organic listing or the promoted listing, not both. Your organic listings will show when they rank higher than your promoted listings. We will select which listing to display based on factors such as listing quality, relevancy, ad rate, and more. This will create a cleaner, more relevant search experience for buyers.

Please keep in mind that these changes only impact how listings appear in the search results. Your promoted listings will continue to show in various placements across the eBay experience.

Depending on what your buyer searches for and our best match ranking, if your listing will not see a boost, we will show your regular listing in the search.

You can find more information on this in our Seller Center or you can go to this direct link: (link removed as I do not believe it is allowed here.)

---------------------

I still do not understand what all this means other it further allows eBay to place your listings anyhow they feel they want. If anyone speaks eBay and can translate the above to me I would appreciate it.  My Klingon decoder faulted when I began entering the eBay language above.

eBay staff also mentioned they had a lot of trouble tickets open on this issue if one were to believe them.

Message 194 of 246
latest reply

@oldwestgold 

Tell us which listing you cannot find and we will help you.

Message 195 of 246
latest reply