cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using sixbit?

I have been thinking of subscribing to sixbit and was looking for recommendations from those that already use it.

I would really like to be able to keep all my old listings indefinitely but on turbolister when you got to a large number of saved listings it slowed down to a crawl and basically was unusable, is this a issue on sixbit? 

Another reason is that I do not want to deal with the ebay advanced, or unified new listing method and I assume that listing with sixbit will remain more or less like turbolister was?

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Anyone using sixbit?

Hope you don’t mind a reply from a former seller (on another account).  I stopped selling in 2018; but used Sixbit for several years before that. I had a couple thousand saved listings. Never experienced any kind of slowdown. There is a small learning curve, but it’s a very easy program to learn. I also loved the fact that it did most of my accounting for me. Made tax time very easy!

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Are the listings saved on your local computer?

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I use it............and yes the listings are saved on the computer and you can access/copy/change them easily.

Was a TL user..........6 bit is similar but layout is a bit different........it did take probably 10 listings before I was comfortable with it, but once there, it's fine and faster (to me) than TL.  Pictures load more quickly and you can edit the pictures in 6 bit.  you can download present listings on ebay into TL......and the higher level programs can do alot more than TL.........I just use the basic. Very pleased with it.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I migrated from Turbo Lister to SixBit and it was the best move I ever did.
There is a learning curve but if you use Turbo Lister you will pick up on SixBit pretty quickly.
So much easier than listing items on eBay back then and from what I read eBay is even more confusing to use now when listing items.
The listings do stay on your computer and you can do local backups.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

User of SixBit and it's previous incarnations since 2001.........without it I might have given up on eBay years ago.

My current SB database contains every Item, every listing, every sale, every buyer etc. since 2008, no slowdowns worth mentioning. In the early days it was a bit of a memory hog which did slow down as the database got bigger BUT that was in the days when it was based on Microsoft Access, when they switched to SQL those issues all went away.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

i am a very heavy user of sixbit.  I manage 4 separate ebay accounts through it along with 50K listing.

Major selling points for me:

1) You pay a monthly fee and that is it.  No additional cost or limits on the number of listing you can post for free to ebay.

2) Customer service is awesome.  On more then one occasion they have gotten on a remote session to help with issues and more importantly solved them

3) My listings and photo's are mine.

4) Creation of listing is simple and easy

5) Free Schedule of listings.

6) Sixbit will end listing for you thus getting around the 'good until sold' ebay feature.  You can prevent inadvertently using up your listing allotment which for me is huge as i roll things out seasonally.

7) Updating items in mass is quick and easy.  You can even update active listing.

😎  You can create templates and rules to apply to all or select listings

9) Organize your inventory with a folder structure

Honestly can't say enough about the tool but do your own research and come to your own conclusions.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I've used it since TL ended. 
There is a learning curve, but if you mess with it long enough, you can set it up to where the layout is pretty much the same as TL.
Of course, TL could be laid out many different ways.
   We had 4 people listing on different ID's.  So, it was important that all our screens look identical.  We did that on TL.
  When we switched to SixBit, we made all of our screens look really close to the TL layout that we had been using. 
  As of now, I have thousands of listings saved on SixBit on my PC, and use it for two different ID's.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Can you select the categories you want from Ebay store over to sixbit?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@bashort wrote:

I have been thinking of subscribing to sixbit and was looking for recommendations from those that already use it.

I would really like to be able to keep all my old listings indefinitely but on turbolister when you got to a large number of saved listings it slowed down to a crawl and basically was unusable, is this a issue on sixbit? 

Another reason is that I do not want to deal with the ebay advanced, or unified new listing method and I assume that listing with sixbit will remain more or less like turbolister was?

I use Sixbit and I have 12K in listings stored in my database.

It operates a bit like Turbolister, but with more features. I'm not an expert on using it and I'm still learning some of the features and how to get the best use of the program. I was told once that it's best to do all modifications on your listings in Sixbit and not to do edits on the ebay site.

C.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@chastershop wrote:

Can you select the categories you want from Ebay store over to sixbit?

There's an auxiliary sync feature that will download your eBay store categories to SixBit for you to select them there. Each time you modify your ebay categories you need to resync your aux data to update the categories on SixBit.

Also when you start on SixBit you can start off by downloading all your current eBay listings and create templates from them to use on future listings. I found the templates function to be pretty handy, and they have shipping presets that will allow you to change all your shipping prices of the same item with a few clicks (and some time to sync the listings on the eBay site).

C.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply