cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody having technical problems with the Ebay App? Tech support is a laugh of town.

I am in a world of pain. By following the rules, I received an item back and had to refund. I followed the instructions but when I clicked to refund, the App logged me out.  It did it several times, with me having to prove it was me by receiving notifications via my phone or email. What followed was a bunch of logs of in and out because no matter what I got the classic Ebay where I couldn't scan any items I wanted. 

I went to contact the customer service, no phone number. I had to chat with an agent who said that in 24-48 hours I would see the correct "online" or whatever they call that App on my phone. Knowing that was a "🤐" I basically logged off from talking to the technical support lady because I have no patience for false promises.

After several ins and outs, I got the App working, except that now I can't lock any feature. I usually lock "lowest price + Shipping" but I can't anymore. I have to be clicking it after 3 scans. 

This is not the Ebay I was expecting. It's long gone! 🤐

anybody else?

latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Anybody having technical problems with the Ebay App? Tech support is a laugh of town.

After I attempted to refund my buyer, I lost all the prompts to lock any feature.

Sometimes an update will cause some app settings to be reset.

From your search results, go to your Filter menu, scroll down to Customize and check to make sure that the "Lockable Filters" option is enabled. Once that is enabled you should see the padlock icons that allow you to lock various filter options.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 7 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Anybody having technical problems with the Ebay App? Tech support is a laugh of town.

The app has been working without any glitches lately over here. 

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

It is from your computer or phone? If phone what kind? I have an Iphone and it works great.

On my computer I had to change from safari to goggle chrome. 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

There are boards about the phone app IOS/Android........look up top..... and hover over buying/selling.....

Sometimes you can get some good help there.........

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

The ebay app on my iphone 12 hung up today. Restarted my phone and entered ebay sign in info.

Works ok now.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

On my Iphone. After I attempted to refund my buyer, I lost all the prompts to lock any feature. I have to choose lowest price + Shipping every 3 items. 

Oh! Also, in my computer I can see I can upload a video, on my phone I never saw that feature at all. 😒

Thanks!

latest reply

After I attempted to refund my buyer, I lost all the prompts to lock any feature.

Sometimes an update will cause some app settings to be reset.

From your search results, go to your Filter menu, scroll down to Customize and check to make sure that the "Lockable Filters" option is enabled. Once that is enabled you should see the padlock icons that allow you to lock various filter options.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Thanks! 

You are my savior! That was it! 😁😁😁😁😁

latest reply

You are most welcome. Very glad to hear that worked!

Message 9 of 9
latest reply