cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item purchased

Just sold an adult tricycle online and he paid for it before I had a chance to change the shipping and handling… He wants to come pick it up and avoid any extra charge. Since he paid for it I don’t know how to change anything or do I need to cancel the whole transaction?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Item purchased

Just refund the shipping cost if the buyer is picking up the item. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Item purchased

Your choices are 

1. Cancel the transaction using "buyer requested" if they agree then let them buy it again, best option by far.

e

2. You could refund the shipping cost and take a ding on shipping metrics, I have done this a few times, not a big deal if you sell enough but could be a problem if you do not and it is a expensive item and they could claim they never got it

3. refund the shipping and then send the buyer the owners manual via first class package with tracking, does have some risks.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Item purchased

Hi, given that this is a high dollar sale, i think the route to take at this point is to contact the buyer and explain you cannot change the terms of a completed transaction. You need to ship or cancel the transaction and relist the item as Local Pickup for him to repurchase.

When a listing offers Local Pickup, a QR code is generated for use at pickup to ensure the item is marked as received in the eBay system. Otherwise the buyer can pick the item up and later claim Item Not Received. And you could be out the money and the item. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Item purchased

There is a QR code option for Local Pickups.

This tells eBay the buyer has his purchase.

I have no idea how it works.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Item purchased

For safety  sake make out  a receipt  that states  your buyer requested item pick up per copy of eBay message that buyer made the request and your agreement) requested vs shipping, item description plus  bike s/n, that you  both sign and both dated day of pick-up.    Both keep a copy.of all docs..  While most buyer   honest, there are some that might file an Item Not Received and you refunded the shipping.  You have no record of a pick-up or shipment but the could receive a refund for the item price.

If the request came thru a message via your private e-mail - simply tell the buyer - that you need them to  request a  and order cancellation via eBay message or eBay system and you will revise  the listing to reflect buyer pick up and make the  necessary price adjustment.

Just suggesting a couple C Y As to  possible avoid  no bike & no $$.

"I have the right to remain silent but I didn't have the ability." Ron White, Fritch, Texas
"Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution." A. Einstein
The Devil made me do it! - Flip Wilson
If the band can only play loud - they ain't no good - peps too J.R. Johnson
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Item purchased

Offering local pickup | eBay

Proof of pickup

Proof of pickup is required to protect you against item not received cases. 

For proof of pickup you can:

• use the eBay app to scan the QR code the buyer received through email
  • use the eBay app to manually enter the 6-digit code the buyer received through email

To scan the QR code:

1. Go to Selling on the eBay App.
  2. Go to the Sold tab.
  3. Select the Arrange Pickup banner.
  4. Tap the Scan to confirm pickup button.

If the buyer doesn't have the QR code available, ask them for the 6-digit code they received through email and manually enter it in the app.

Tip
When you scan or manually enter these codes, the item will immediately be marked as delivered but you'll still need to mark the item as paid if you collect cash at the time of delivery.

If you don't want to use the app, ask the buyer to sign a copy of the eBay order form at the time of pickup.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Item purchased

eBay says if there's no QR code have the buyer sign a copy of the order details. Take a picture of their driver's license so the sig is verified.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Item purchased

@fab_finds4u wrote:

eBay says if there's no QR code have the buyer sign a copy of the order details. Take a picture of their driver's license so the sig is verified.

Hi, yes, that applies if the seller has the listing originally set up as Local Pickup. This seller did not. My concern is that the seller may still be at risk of losing an Item Not Received claim even if he has a manually written bill of sale. The policy is not clear on that point. 

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Item purchased

@femmefan1946 wrote:

There is a QR code option for Local Pickups.

This tells eBay the buyer has his purchase.

I have no idea how it works.

I'm bookmarking krazzykats post for the future, I didn't know how it worked either!

Message 10 of 10
latest reply