cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any help on getting reinstated...seller privileges taken after 18 years!

Just got  the email today..After 18 years with Ebay...Any help or advice to get reinstated?

I called customer serive and basically was told due :

transaction deficit rate was 2.58 percent ....                 .58% percent  over the allowable amount..   
          closed cases was .64 %                                               .34% percent over the allowable amount..

How is this fair without any warning? Why isnt their a appeal proccess in place like Amazon?

After 18 years of selling and paying my fees on time and following ebay rules and regs and I am suspended for life? How is this fair???
Is thier any way of appealing or getting reinstated?

Then the kicker at the end is I have to send out preorder items that I sold ..guess what? They are not even listed anymore on my dashboard...the supervisor was like go check my paypal account..how is this right????

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Any help on getting reinstated...seller privileges taken after 18 years!

I thought she said, mistake, sorry
Message 31 of 46
latest reply

nope bye

Message 32 of 46
latest reply

@blindguardianwrote:

I can still buy..but the principle is I really didnt' deserve this...I probably will never buy anything again on eBay..just because I dont want them to get a dime from me. I buy mostly everything on Amazon prime now..

I understand; others that were in your situation said the same thing, they would no longer buy.

Message 33 of 46
latest reply

@emerald40wrote:

@richards*rock*collectionwrote:
I am sorry blind and castle but you can still buy. I am sorry that the Boss has fired you, but it's all up from here, I have been fired many times by many corporations for speaking my mind and being a free thinker all the the while being told to be honest and speak out. Just get back on your feet and apply at bonanza or etsy, amazon, wherever, you have good sales experience so it should be no problem to get back on your feet, and take what you have learned and apply it, good luck, this does not mean your finished as sellers!

Where did Castle say she was banned? 

I never said that.

Message 34 of 46
latest reply

@emerald40wrote:

I am sorry blind and castle but you can still buy. I am sorry that the Boss has fired you, but it's all up from here, I have been fired many times by many corporations for speaking my mind and being a free thinker all the the while being told to be honest and speak out. Just get back on your feet and apply at bonanza or etsy, amazon, wherever, you have good sales experience so it should be no problem to get back on your feet, and take what you have learned and apply it, good luck, this does not mean your finished as sellers!

I see what happened.  I went back to the beginning of the thread and a poster asked if they were suspended temporarily or permanently, and I quoted from the OP where OP said, I am banned for life.  I identified it as being from the OP but apparently some thought I meant I was banned for life.  That was not what I meant or said.

Message 35 of 46
latest reply

I thought she said, mistake, sorry

A poster asked the OP if he was temporarily suspended or suspended for life.

I said, I am suspended for life, from the OP, meaning that was in the OP.

Somehow it was taken to mean the I was suspended for life; not true.

Message 36 of 46
latest reply

@rainbowcolorzwrote:

@chrysylyswrote:

I would never go there or reccomend anyone to.  That entire site needs to be abolished.

Why?  That is the only way at least I am able to see what's happening with some family/friends around the world in the wee hours of the night, if I want to and have time to go there.  I think it's great.   

I don't have any family or friends.  I think THAT's Great!!

(But if I did, I wouldn't want to know anything about them.)

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 37 of 46
latest reply

@castlemagicmemorieswrote:

@emerald40wrote:

I never said that.

I know you did not.  And that is why I corrected the other poster who then realized his mistake.

Message 38 of 46
latest reply

@nc-daydreamerwrote:

I am sorry this happened to you. 

But I do have a question/observation... looking at your feedback and responses you issued... I noticed much of it concerns 'pre-sale' collectible trading cards.  May I ask what do you consider a 'pre sale'? 

I asked my kids and grandkids (generation difference explanation as they are of the age of your buyers I'd suspect) and they told me that means to them that they would receive the cards BEFORE they were released to the open market.  I see notes that orders were shipped after the release date.  So my thought is that there may have been some misunderstanding between you and the buyers? 

I would think (again my age) that a 'pre sale' means that you were selling BEFORE they were in your possession (in anticipation of the shipment you were expecting) - but your customers may have been of the understanding they would get them before the official release date to the public. 

Not being able to see your  listings as worded, so I will ask if there was any statement in your description offering this explanation of what you meant by 'pre-sale'?  The whole thing may just have been miscommunication. 

If this is the case and you do take the facebook route as previously suggested, you might consider this as a possibility for your customer's reactions.  And as far as the one late because of the hurricane, eBay gave notice that those affected by late shipping had options available to them - so did you check that out before responding to the feedback you were given? Maybe that one could have been forgiven if you pursued it at the time.

When you saw the bad feedback - did you approach the buyer in a kind way, try and make peace and request that they revise their decision before reacting to them with your response?  Two wrongs never make it right. 

If you get a second chance, try to work things out preferably before they leave feedback, but certainly smile and apologize afterwards on the outside - although you are cursing and angry inside.  Easier said than done, I am sure - but try to take the 'high road' and be classy/professional about the situation - if at all possible.  Remember you are probably dealing with people younger than you are with this product, so they may think and respond according to their age and inexperience.  So perhaps taking that notion into consideration too may be wise.

Good luck.

The whole idea of buying a presale is to get it before anyone else. My boys buy presale items all the time. My oldest bought one on eBay & my youngest bought the same presale on A. The youngest got his as expected, the oldest got his weeks after release. He was highly upset. It wasn’t easy to find anymore so he kept it but he was upset that his brother & everyone else got theirs first. It matters to the young people. Gotta be first! 😂😂

Patricia
eBay member for 25 years
Message 39 of 46
latest reply

@emerald40wrote:

@castlemagicmemorieswrote:

@emerald40wrote:

I never said that.

I know you did not.  And that is why I corrected the other poster who then realized his mistake.

Thank you, Emerald, and sorry; I took that to mean show you where I said that!!  Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 46
latest reply

@mg152wrote:

@nc-daydreamerwrote:

I am sorry this happened to you. 

But I do have a question/observation... looking at your feedback and responses you issued... I noticed much of it concerns 'pre-sale' collectible trading cards.  May I ask what do you consider a 'pre sale'? 

I asked my kids and grandkids (generation difference explanation as they are of the age of your buyers I'd suspect) and they told me that means to them that they would receive the cards BEFORE they were released to the open market.  I see notes that orders were shipped after the release date.  So my thought is that there may have been some misunderstanding between you and the buyers? 

I would think (again my age) that a 'pre sale' means that you were selling BEFORE they were in your possession (in anticipation of the shipment you were expecting) - but your customers may have been of the understanding they would get them before the official release date to the public. 

Not being able to see your  listings as worded, so I will ask if there was any statement in your description offering this explanation of what you meant by 'pre-sale'?  The whole thing may just have been miscommunication. 

If this is the case and you do take the facebook route as previously suggested, you might consider this as a possibility for your customer's reactions.  And as far as the one late because of the hurricane, eBay gave notice that those affected by late shipping had options available to them - so did you check that out before responding to the feedback you were given? Maybe that one could have been forgiven if you pursued it at the time.

When you saw the bad feedback - did you approach the buyer in a kind way, try and make peace and request that they revise their decision before reacting to them with your response?  Two wrongs never make it right. 

If you get a second chance, try to work things out preferably before they leave feedback, but certainly smile and apologize afterwards on the outside - although you are cursing and angry inside.  Easier said than done, I am sure - but try to take the 'high road' and be classy/professional about the situation - if at all possible.  Remember you are probably dealing with people younger than you are with this product, so they may think and respond according to their age and inexperience.  So perhaps taking that notion into consideration too may be wise.

Good luck.

The whole idea of buying a presale is to get it before anyone else. My boys buy presale items all the time. My oldest bought one on eBay & my youngest bought the same presale on A. The youngest got his as expected, the oldest got his weeks after release. He was highly upset. It wasn’t easy to find anymore so he kept it but he was upset that his brother & everyone else got theirs first. It matters to the young people. Gotta be first! 😂😂

This is perplexing.  I have bought presale and the get it before anyone else factor was never part of it.  I never expected to get it pre release but after the date it was released.  I believe it was meant to be more of a method of being assured you would get the item at all, like reserving it, and not expecting to get it earlier than it is available.

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

@chrysylyswrote:

@rainbowcolorzwrote:

@chrysylyswrote:

I would never go there or reccomend anyone to.  That entire site needs to be abolished.

Why?  That is the only way at least I am able to see what's happening with some family/friends around the world in the wee hours of the night, if I want to and have time to go there.  I think it's great.   

????  You're all alone in this whole wide world (with the exception of us here on the mb?)  

😞 

{{{hugs for @chrysylys}}

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

@rainbowcolorz

@rainbowcolorzwrote:

@chrysylyswrote:

@rainbowcolorzwrote:

@chrysylyswrote:

????  You're all alone in this whole wide world (with the exception of us here on the mb?)  

😞 

{{{hugs for @chrysylys}}

I have a wife and a dog, but other than that you guys are all I have.

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

@sockmonkeydavewrote:

@rainbowcolorz

@rainbowcolorzwrote:

@chrysylyswrote:

@rainbowcolorzwrote:

@chrysylyswrote:

😞 

{{{hugs for @chrysylys}}

I have a wife and a dog, but other than that you guys are all I have.

{{{hugs for @sockmonkeydave}}}

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

OP, I'm sorry to hear you lost your selling privilages.

Let me relate to you a story of a close friend of mine who also lost his selling privilages back in 2011.

He was on eBay for 12 years, had probably over 3000 positive feedbacks, and then his grandmother and father fell into poor health.  He had to travel out of state a number of times in one calendar year to help his family, but because he was an "old school" eBay seller, he was never aware of Vacation Settlings.  He didn't have a store subscription, either, which I think is a big factor.  When he left to help family, he sold items that ended up becoming late shipments, they added up, and in the end became a huge defect on his account, and he lost his selling privilages, getting the dreaded E-999 or whatever email it is from eBay.

He contacted eBay, his buyers, he even put together a huge paper document of his family's hospital records, copies of plane tickets, etc., that he ended up snail mailing to eBay to prove he had family hardship, and never got one reply back.  I felt absoultely terrible for him.  He was a very honest, contributing seller, too.  At the time, this was his only source of income not long after the recession, so it was hard for him.

Unfortunately, if he couldn't get any response after his loss, I don't think anything can happen for you.

On one positive out of all of this, he did get his selling privilages reinstated after a full year, because by that time, all the negative defect data had dropped off his account.  So for you, that may eventually happen, as well.  You just have to wait a year.  Don't quote me if today that is the case, but that happened to him at that time.  

But by the time he even knew his account was reinstated, he had landed a job doing eBay listings for a local antique store.  He took his knowledge and created a career out of it, and still does it to this day.

I hope this helped a little.  Wishing you all the best.

Message 45 of 46
latest reply