cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any help on getting reinstated...seller privileges taken after 18 years!

Just got  the email today..After 18 years with Ebay...Any help or advice to get reinstated?

I called customer serive and basically was told due :

transaction deficit rate was 2.58 percent ....                 .58% percent  over the allowable amount..   
          closed cases was .64 %                                               .34% percent over the allowable amount..

How is this fair without any warning? Why isnt their a appeal proccess in place like Amazon?

After 18 years of selling and paying my fees on time and following ebay rules and regs and I am suspended for life? How is this fair???
Is thier any way of appealing or getting reinstated?

Then the kicker at the end is I have to send out preorder items that I sold ..guess what? They are not even listed anymore on my dashboard...the supervisor was like go check my paypal account..how is this right????

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Any help on getting reinstated...seller privileges taken after 18 years!

@castlemagicmemorieswrote:

@dhbookdswrote:

I would try to contact someone on facebook to help.  The blues there have helped people I think.......

BUT

I would thoroughly understand what was done wrong and be willing/able to acknowledge and present ways to prevent it from happening again.....  They are going to want an "action plan" to correct the problems........and if you get snotty with them.......not going to get very far.

I can't tell from what you say......whether the problems are related to the preorder stuff or not.......but if so, I would seriously consider telling them (and doing it) that I would drop that product line. 

If they do let you back on, it's probably going to be under the 4% fvf penalty and some listing restrictions........if you can't deal with that, don't bother to try..........

OP, you could try this.  This poster is right when they say you will have to acknowledge your mistakes and present a business plan that shows you will correct each one so they do not happen again.  

Attitude is everything.  You catch more flies with sugar than you do with vinegar.  Remember, they have something you want.  Being on your best behavior, being charming and pleasant, earnest, and sincerely remorseful but willing to eliminate your issues may help.  There is no guarantee.   If a product line caused issues, drop it.  If you get a case, you will resolve it.  You can refund without a return but if you require a return, in cases of SNAD not as described, you will send the customer a label and you pay for it.  You refund item cost and original shipping when it is returned.  Know what your issues were and explain how you are eliminating them.  IOW, you will handle your cases and not expect Ebay to do so.  

But as previously stated, IF they relent, you will then be paying 14% in fees.  4 percent more.  

They consider permanent to be permanent.  Good Luck.

while I agree with everything you said lol you can actually catch more flies with vinegar than with sugar.

Message 16 of 46
latest reply

Thanks Ted and other for their advice...

I was a Ebayer back when as a seller you could leave negative feedback for a buyer...it was a even playing field..the original creator of EBay meant it to be that way...did I deal with ALOT of crazy and ecentric buyers ..YES..So I replied to negative feedback accordingly...

I got suspended forever for this:

closed cases was .34 %   over
          transaction deficit .58 % over
So yes..getting canned for this is ridiculous and wrong in my eyes..I always paid my bill on time and my feedback wasn't bad..18 YEARS selling on EBay and no chance for appeal?  EBay does not even have a appeal process in place like Amazon..you have sellers on here selling illegal items, counterfiet items, you got scam sellers, sellers who do follow the 30 day presale rule,  and i get suspended forever .34 and .58 over ?? All the sellers are pieces of meat to Ebay and they just dont care...and this proves it..

Message 17 of 46
latest reply

@jpcustomsonlinewrote:

@dhbookdswrote:

I would try to contact someone on facebook to help.  The blues there have helped people I think.......

BUT

I would thoroughly understand what was done wrong and be willing/able to acknowledge and present ways to prevent it from happening again.....  They are going to want an "action plan" to correct the problems........and if you get snotty with them.......not going to get very far.

I can't tell from what you say......whether the problems are related to the preorder stuff or not.......but if so, I would seriously consider telling them (and doing it) that I would drop that product line. 

If they do let you back on, it's probably going to be under the 4% fvf penalty and some listing restrictions........if you can't deal with that, don't bother to try..........

OP, you could try this.  This poster is right when they say you will have to acknowledge your mistakes and present a business plan that shows you will correct each one so they do not happen again.  

Attitude is everything.  You catch more flies with sugar than you do with vinegar.  Remember, they have something you want.  Being on your best behavior, being charming and pleasant, earnest, and sincerely remorseful but willing to eliminate your issues may help.  There is no guarantee.   If a product line caused issues, drop it.  If you get a case, you will resolve it.  You can refund without a return but if you require a return, in cases of SNAD not as described, you will send the customer a label and you pay for it.  You refund item cost and original shipping when it is returned.  Know what your issues were and explain how you are eliminating them.  IOW, you will handle your cases and not expect Ebay to do so.  

But as previously stated, IF they relent, you will then be paying 14% in fees.  4 percent more.  

while I agree with everything you said lol you can actually catch more flies with vinegar than with sugar.

Seriously?   You can catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar is a very old saying!  Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 46
latest reply

Guess they just mean that to illustrate a point.  It sounds good!

Message 19 of 46
latest reply

@jpcustomsonlinewrote:

@dhbookdswrote:

BUT

Seriously?   You can catch more flies with sugar than with vinegar is a very old saying!  Smiley Sad

Human being love sweet. Flies love bitte and rotting and putrid and etc lol. It's just a funny saying 😄 maybe that got lost in translation? I love mentioning this info tho 😄

Message 20 of 46
latest reply

@jpcustomsonlinewrote:

@jpcustomsonlinewrote:

@dhbookdswrote:

BUT

Human being love sweet. Flies love bitte and rotting and putrid and etc lol. It's just a funny saying 😄 maybe that got lost in translation? I love mentioning this info tho 😄

Yes, I think the analogy was just crafted to show that you will "catch" the other party if you are "sweet" to them rather than a sour puss!  

Thanks for sharing that, though!  Good to know.

Message 21 of 46
latest reply

@chrysylyswrote:

@dhbookdswrote:

I would try to contact someone on fa......

I would never go there or reccomend anyone to.  That entire site needs to be abolished.

Why?  That is the only way at least I am able to see what's happening with some family/friends around the world in the wee hours of the night, if I want to and have time to go there.  I think it's great.   Not so sure about eBay being there though.  I always forget to look for them because I'm only there a few minutes every few days or so.  

Message 22 of 46
latest reply

Yes, in some cases, they let you keep your account and you can still buy.

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

I can still buy..but the principle is I really didnt' deserve this...I probably will never buy anything again on eBay..just because I dont want them to get a dime from me. I buy mostly everything on Amazon prime now..

Message 24 of 46
latest reply

@jpcustomsonlinewrote:

@jpcustomsonlinewrote:

@dhbookdswrote:

BUT

Yes, I think the analogy was just crafted to show that you will "catch" the other party if you are "sweet" to them rather than a sour puss!  

Thanks for sharing that, though!  Good to know.

I prefer a bug zapper or a fly swatter.

@blindguardianwrote:

I can still buy..but the principle is I really didnt' deserve this...I probably will never buy anything again on eBay..just because I dont want them to get a dime from me. I buy mostly everything on Amazon prime now..

@blindguardianThere are other ways to sell on ebay. Do your research.

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

@blindguardianwrote:

transaction deficit .58 % over.        

Yes, we understand that. Can you fill in a few blanks?

1) When did your "transaction deficit rate" go above 2%?

2) What was your seller rating before the suspension ("below standard", "top rated", etc.)?

3) If you were "below standard", how long had you had that rating?

Message 27 of 46
latest reply

@blindguardianwrote:

Thanks Ted and other for their advice...

I was a Ebayer back when as a seller you could leave negative feedback for a buyer...it was a even playing field..the original creator of EBay meant it to be that way...did I deal with ALOT of crazy and ecentric buyers ..YES..So I replied to negative feedback accordingly...

transaction deficit .58 % over
So yes..getting canned for this is ridiculous and wrong in my eyes..I always paid my bill on time and my feedback wasn't bad..18 YEARS selling on EBay and no chance for appeal?  EBay does not even have a appeal process in place like Amazon..you have sellers on here selling illegal items, counterfiet items, you got scam sellers, sellers who do follow the 30 day presale rule,  and i get suspended forever .34 and .58 over ?? All the sellers are pieces of meat to Ebay and they just dont care...and this proves it..

Your dashboard was an early warning system that you chose to ignore.

Had you taken steps to avoid the problems when you got the first defects, you'd never have been in this situation. 

There is no excuse for cases closed without seller resolution.  Out of stock defects should only happen once a blue moon.

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

@richards*rock*collectionwrote:
I am sorry blind and castle but you can still buy. I am sorry that the Boss has fired you, but it's all up from here, I have been fired many times by many corporations for speaking my mind and being a free thinker all the the while being told to be honest and speak out. Just get back on your feet and apply at bonanza or etsy, amazon, wherever, you have good sales experience so it should be no problem to get back on your feet, and take what you have learned and apply it, good luck, this does not mean your finished as sellers!

Where did Castle say she was banned? 

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

Yes tey let banned sellers buy.

And I have also read on google that some do it to get back at ebay and other sellers by being among the worst scammers out of retaliation to the site.

Message 30 of 46
latest reply