cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Decision was Made

On the Listing you reported.  
Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found. 
What Happened: We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.

(I reported a listing because the background in the pics has their web address, FB store, and Twiter.
I guess that's okay to do that???)

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

A Decision was Made

@redlinear wrote:

On the Listing you reported.  
Thanks again for reporting the listing(s) you found. 
What Happened: We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.

(I reported a listing because the background in the pics has their web address, FB store, and Twiter.
I guess that's okay to do that???)

The written policy clearly states that images with "added text, artwork or marketing material" are not permitted.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/picture-policy?id=4370

The message you got does not say "it is okay" to put a web address, FB store, or Twitter in an image. If that is what you are taking away from this - despite the pretty clear written policy - that is up to you. 

The message you got says that their automation or artificial intelligence did not find the listing to be in violation. eBay's policy enforcement has never been comprehensive, timely, or accurate.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

A Decision was Made

FYI devon@ebay  if you want to pass on this example to the Trust team.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 12
latest reply

A Decision was Made

I'm surprised you got a response to a report.  I didn't think they commented one way or the other.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

A Decision was Made

Last couple weeks, I've been getting replies letting me know if a reported item was removed or they didn't find anything wrong with the listing.

Have a great day
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

A Decision was Made

@wastingtime101 wrote:

FYI devon@ebay  if you want to pass on this example to the Trust team.

Hey @wastingtime101! I will be sure to have this passed along to the Trust team!  

Devon,
eBay
Message 6 of 12
latest reply

A Decision was Made

AI's in general have a long way to go, currently they can sing, talk, even dance but that doesn't by any stretch of the imagination mean they know what they are "looking at."  We could of course say the same of many human beings but hey, those Ants really have their act together.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

A Decision was Made

I find it hilarious that it says it uses AI, because there's no way an AI bot is this bad. eBay is just straight ignoring all claims.

I reported about a dozen bogus listings that just said "TEST LISTING" in the title.  I reported them for Violation -> Test Listing and of course this genius AI somehow couldn't confirm it was one.

eBay would rather a scammer have a 1% chance at getting them a final listing fee than police their listings. Absolutely shameful.

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

A Decision was Made

I reported a Chinese seller for incorrectly listing a location as the item being shipped from the US. I recieved the same response even though it breaks the rules. Ebay sucks.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

A Decision was Made

@redlinear wrote:

We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made using automation or artificial intelligence.

Dear ebay automation or artificial intelligence

A friendly notice & request for reconsideration, clarification, & explanation with findings of fact & conclusions of ebay policy 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

A Decision was Made

@dkkicks wrote:

I find it hilarious that it says it uses AI, because there's no way an AI bot is this bad. eBay is just straight ignoring all claims.

I reported about a dozen bogus listings that just said "TEST LISTING" in the title.  I reported them for Violation -> Test Listing and of course this genius AI somehow couldn't confirm it was one.

eBay would rather a scammer have a 1% chance at getting them a final listing fee than police their listings. Absolutely shameful.

Test listings are allowed in the test category only, whether that was the case here I couldn't say.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

A Decision was Made

"I reported a Chinese seller for incorrectly listing a location as the item being shipped from the US. I recieved the same response even though it breaks the rules. Ebay sucks."

Some Chinese sellers do dropship from the U.S.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 12 of 12
latest reply