cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5TH OF THE MONTH AND OUT OF FREE LISTINGS

Going to have to wait until the 1st of October to start listing again! No way am I going to pay to help Ebay take my earnings!

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Do you have a question?

Message 2 of 77
latest reply

Hopefully you will get a free listing promo sometime this month.  It looks like you run a lot of auctions, and without a store, that quickly uses up the 50 freebies, especially if you relist within the month.

Message 3 of 77
latest reply

You do realize that those of us who pay for all of our listings, including monthly store fees, allow eBay the income to give freebies to you and other sellers? 

Please keep in mind that umpteen thousands of sellers do not get free listings.  It's more likely in the millions who do not get freebies these days.  I personally have not been given any free listings in over 7 years.  

I don't begrudge you the freebies, but please don't feel that eBay owes you anything.  Be happy for the freebies you currently receive.  eBay is known for suddenly eliminating perks that folks come to expect and demand.

Best wishes to you. 

Message 4 of 77
latest reply

And just curious ...........

Why are you not willing to pay eBay any money for providing you with a marketplace to sell your items? 

Message 5 of 77
latest reply

Entitled, much?

Message 6 of 77
latest reply

You're not going to list an item because of a $0.35 fee?

wow.

Message 7 of 77
latest reply

How would the OP have managed back in the day when the only free listings came in December 26th? I vaguely remember there was one year that we didn’t get that.

Message 8 of 77
latest reply

There is more of that listing philosophy going on than you can imagine. I hope that they figure out you really do get what you pay for. Zero chance of selling anything that isn't listed.

Message 9 of 77
latest reply

There have been posters lately that brag about never having paid for a listing in 10 years. I wonder how much it has cost them. More power to them if it works for them.

Message 10 of 77
latest reply

I don't know what you sell or how often but maybe consider signing up for a starter store that comes with 100 listings a month. It would get you more exposure.

Message 11 of 77
latest reply

@tourn18 wrote:

Going to have to wait until the 1st of October to start listing again! No way am I going to pay to help Ebay take my earnings!

Regardless of how, you are paying eBay for the use of their site. Be it thru Final Value fees or Insertion fees, it all goes into the same kitty and represents the same thing. A pay-for-use service.

Refusing to incur any optional costs, out of resentment, is akin to shooting oneself in the foot.

Message 12 of 77
latest reply

@byrd69er wrote:

You're not going to list an item because of a $0.35 fee?

wow.

When 90%+ of items don't sell within a month, those fees eat away at all the profits!

Message 13 of 77
latest reply

@the*dog*ate*my*tablecloth wrote:

How would the OP have managed back in the day when the only free listings came in December 26th? I vaguely remember there was one year that we didn’t get that.

Oh I remember those glory days of yesteryear!  Things actually sold back then!

Message 14 of 77
latest reply

@b86fiero wrote:

Please keep in mind that umpteen thousands of sellers do not get free listings.  It's more likely in the millions who do not get freebies these days.  

The only sellers who do not get free listings are the sellers who choose not get free listings.

Any seller who wants 50 free listings a month can start a new account and get them.

And any seller who wants 100 free listings a month can start two new account and get them.

Message 15 of 77
latest reply