cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5TH OF THE MONTH AND OUT OF FREE LISTINGS

Going to have to wait until the 1st of October to start listing again! No way am I going to pay to help Ebay take my earnings!

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: 5TH OF THE MONTH AND OUT OF FREE LISTINGS

@byrd69er wrote:

Sounds like those that 90% of items shouldn't even be listed if the $0.35 is going to be such an impact on the bottom line.

product + price = sale

Certainly.  In a perfect fantasy world.  No store on the planet sells out in a day or a month.

product + price + interested buyer = sale

Message 61 of 77
latest reply

Thank you for your help. I only sell to USA customers. I notice a lot of buyers rather not buy from overseas. Those are the buyers I am dealing with. I am happy enough the way I’m selling my earrings. I don’t expect a lot of profit. This is just a hobby of mine. I look forward to the free listings since my earrings include free shipping and a free thank you gift with the order. The free listings really helps. Without that l end up paying up too much for a hobby. Especially if I have to pay listing fees for earrings not sold too. I know eBay doesn’t owe me free listings. That’s just the way the company try to win people. After all there’s lots of other places people can do business with.
Message 62 of 77
latest reply

Another thing is my earrings are too low cost with the free shipping and free thank you gift with the order. So the free listings are very much appreciated if eBay like to offer it as a way to have more business with people using their services. I know they don’t owe me the free listings. They offer it to gain more people. There’s lots of other places to do business with. So it’s ok to want the free listings.
Message 63 of 77
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc "My dad hasn't paid for a listing in over 65 years. And it cost him nothing. He's never had a negative feedback, SNAD, or INR filed against him neither."

LOL! Priceless, thanks for the giggle!
Message 64 of 77
latest reply

@cat20sew wrote:
I got the special promotion of 100 free listings and activated it but I’m not getting those free listings. Instead they are using up my monthly 50 free listings. That never happened before. So I can’t use the special promotion they are offering. The offer will end before I get to use it.

You always need to make sure you read further down on any invitation you get.  You need to read the requirements for qualifying to use the listings.  Not all promos are the same.  They do vary.  So to me it sounds like the listings you were posting didn't qualify for the promo you received.

@cat20sew 

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 65 of 77
latest reply

@upgradedendmills wrote:

My fees can approach 20% very easily, but I love it when I get a high invoice because it is a good indicator that I have made decent money over the last month. I don't think you are willing to accept how much your "principles" are potentially costing you. If I were listing old radio/TV tubes I would not want to have a single one that is not listed at the same time as the others. Those listings will feed off of each other and lead to cross sales. There are auction sites that charge a noninal one time fee for unlimited listings for life and have low,low FVF's. I have experience with one of these, have paid the fee a few years ago, and don't use. Has absolutely nothing to do with principles, only with sales.

Why are your fees that high?  Do you used promoted listings a lot?  Do you use listing upgrades?  20% on Ebay is pretty high.

Message 66 of 77
latest reply

Sorry, Mam'. My fees themselves are 11.9% with eBay and PayPal. My cost of selling when sales are down is easily approaching 20% because of my store cost. It varies day to day but I never worry about it. Very seldom use promoted listings, I prefer just running 2 or 3 day sales when I feel like it. My niche market can be very profitable even with minimal sales but has to be viewed over the long term. My sales over the last couple of months would make most people give up or make drastic changes. I won't do either.

Because of my business plan or lack of one it can be difficult to try to give advice to others. I am cold and insensitive to silliness most of the time so it is hard to help others. You have a knack for this and do well at it, I hope other posters appreciate the effort you put into trying to help them.

Message 67 of 77
latest reply

@upgradedendmills wrote:

Sorry, Mam'. My fees themselves are 11.9% with eBay and PayPal. My cost of selling when sales are down is easily approaching 20% because of my store cost. It varies day to day but I never worry about it. Very seldom use promoted listings, I prefer just running 2 or 3 day sales when I feel like it. My niche market can be very profitable even with minimal sales but has to be viewed over the long term. My sales over the last couple of months would make most people give up or make drastic changes. I won't do either.

Because of my business plan or lack of one it can be difficult to try to give advice to others. I am cold and insensitive to silliness most of the time so it is hard to help others. You have a knack for this and do well at it, I hope other posters appreciate the effort you put into trying to help them.

That sounds a bit better.  For me I don't really consider my store fee when I'm looking at this information as there are benefits with the store that help pay for the store costs.

We all need to structure our little businesses in the way that works best for us.  I've never believed that this is the same for everyone.  We are a diverse group of people which makes our needs and reality quite diverse as well.

Message 68 of 77
latest reply

I guess Macy's will stop selling their merchandise when they stock x number of items before paying

to stock and sell more.......I take every sale I can get and the fee and final valuation fee to e bay is

better thenr high high brick and mortar store rents.

Message 69 of 77
latest reply

@mypostingid15 wrote:

@tourn18 wrote:

Going to have to wait until the 1st of October to start listing again! No way am I going to pay to help Ebay take my earnings!

I know you're posting this as a joke but still not funny.

I actually think it is, in an absurd way.  Like telling people that a good way to get rid of those pesky FVF fees is to not sell. 

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 70 of 77
latest reply

The only reason I am aware of my store cost is because of my low sales over the past 3 or 4 months. My sales for last 31 days were less than $200 and my costs were about the same for that period. It has slowed me down a little in my purchasing but that isn't a problem either.  For the last at least 5 years I use my eBay revenue to increase inventory.  I normally am able to buy 4-5 new items for each one that sells and generates revenue.  I don't subsidize my income with eBay ever and normally am able to subsidize eBay with my income. It's a goofy system but keeps me amused and works well for me. I have a long term plan to go in a different direction and that is why I am doing this.

Message 71 of 77
latest reply

A world-wide marketplace!!!

Message 72 of 77
latest reply

If you have 90% of your items not selling in a month it is time to re-evaluate your business model.

Message 73 of 77
latest reply

I am not sure why you posted here.  No one here can give you any advice to alter the structure of available listings that eBay provides or doles out. This can't be the first time you have run into this conundrum.  It is what it is.  You have options available if you chose to pick one.  eBay limits those options of which you agreed to when you signed up.  Good luck.  Trying something different may not be that difficult or negative.  Just a suggestion.

Message 74 of 77
latest reply

Yesterday, there was a poster saying they really needed some free listings and some help. I spent a little time looking over their listings and gave them a short program to try to help them make a few bucks.  They are selling things for $3 or less with free shipping and wanted to list more. They came back and explained that they don't really want to make any money, just want to list more as a hobby. I am feeling pretty stupid after that!!!!!

Message 75 of 77
latest reply