cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5TH OF THE MONTH AND OUT OF FREE LISTINGS

Going to have to wait until the 1st of October to start listing again! No way am I going to pay to help Ebay take my earnings!

Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Re: 5TH OF THE MONTH AND OUT OF FREE LISTINGS

@upgradedendmills wrote:

If I lived in a cow pasture I would probably spend some time out looking for arrowheads and artifacts. Some of them are worth decent money.

heh, no way am I getting inside a fence with a bull that weighs over a ton scream

I do from time to time find rusty nuts and bolts in my garden. Does that count?

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 46 of 77
latest reply

@luckythewinner wrote:

@southern*sweet*tea wrote:

Nowadays that's easier said than done, unless one wants to buy a bunch of Chinese junk. Trying to buy something with a low feedback account from many US sellers tends to end with a cancelled sale, generally because of a "problem with the buyer's address", even when there IS no problem.

Hasn't happen once to me, and I have started two new accounts in the last 18 months. 

Maybe I just have bad luck ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 47 of 77
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

@upgradedendmills wrote:

There have been posters lately that brag about never having paid for a listing in 10 years. I wonder how much it has cost them. More power to them if it works for them.

My dad hasn't paid for a listing in over 65 years. And it cost him nothing. He's never had a negative feedback, SNAD, or INR filed against him neither.

I have listed about 4000 items so far this year - that's an average of 500 a month.

I'd be curious to know how much you think that might have "cost" me. 

Message 48 of 77
latest reply

Those were the days.  We had three people listing from 5 a.m. to midnight.

Message 49 of 77
latest reply

15 or so years ago my Grandson lived with us and we always planted a garden together. Rather than buy fertilizer, we would take my old Model A pickup across the highway and shovel manure in a farmer's field. He referred to it as "tossing t*rds and it is a fond memory for me. Just have to be careful, scorpions make homes under the dried ones and the fresh ones make a mess of a paint job. Those were the days. All the money I saved on fertilizer has allowed me to pay for my eBay listings.

Message 50 of 77
latest reply

It counts. (especially if they are from the Civil War era)  Not that long ago, I was buying rocks for 6 cents a pound and selling them after I cleaned them for $3 a pound. It got really competitive when other sellers started undercutting prices so I stopped. It has come around now as to where I think I could make money at it again. You just never know on eBay. That sort of thing is why I keep my store and never hesitate to list as I please. I sort of got ready for the slow times we are in now when sales were really, really good and expect the good times to come back.

Message 51 of 77
latest reply

Based on what you have told me before, I don't think it cost you anything.  My point is any listings that weren't put on while waiting for free listings promos might have cost you more than the total of all you did put on. No way to tell. I am glad your system works well for you. You never seem to complain about not having enough listings. The OP is a totally different case and I hope you can help him.

Message 52 of 77
latest reply

I got the special promotion of 100 free listings and activated it but I’m not getting those free listings. Instead they are using up my monthly 50 free listings. That never happened before. So I can’t use the special promotion they are offering. The offer will end before I get to use it.
Message 53 of 77
latest reply

My fees can approach 20% very easily, but I love it when I get a high invoice because it is a good indicator that I have made decent money over the last month. I don't think you are willing to accept how much your "principles" are potentially costing you. If I were listing old radio/TV tubes I would not want to have a single one that is not listed at the same time as the others. Those listings will feed off of each other and lead to cross sales. There are auction sites that charge a noninal one time fee for unlimited listings for life and have low,low FVF's. I have experience with one of these, have paid the fee a few years ago, and don't use. Has absolutely nothing to do with principles, only with sales.

Message 54 of 77
latest reply

13% of nothing is nothing.  I'd rather pay 13% of several thousand a month.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 55 of 77
latest reply

@tourn18 wrote:

Going to have to wait until the 1st of October to start listing again! No way am I going to pay to help Ebay take my earnings!

Say what?

Message 56 of 77
latest reply

@tourn18 wrote:

I know you're posting this as a joke but still not funny.

Message 57 of 77
latest reply

Some posters with this kind of logic actually believe what they are saying. I don't think the OP is joking.

Message 58 of 77
latest reply

I looked at all your listings and have an idea that might let you take advantage of the promo. I honestly don't think your listings have the possibility of making any money for you, but that's your business not mine. When I looked at yours, a similar listing for very similar Chinese imported earrings direct from China came up in the left hand margin for $1.39 w/free shipping. You can't possibly compete with that price even if you are drop shipping.

If you want to use the promos,  try this. Take the earrings you already have and make them into various combinations of different lots and different quantities of the same lots. You should be able to make a hundred different listings by doing this. It will enable you to quickly list 100 new listings by using "sell similar" and changing the photo and a couple of details. You will actually make more money doing it this way due to the savings on PayPal 30 cent transaction fees and the benefits of combined shipping savings on lots. Even if they pull the listings from your monthly 50 first, you should make it up ($17.50) in sales. This will also get you away from being the same items at twice the price as the imports. If you have listings left over from your allotment or the promo, use them to cancel and relist that number of your existing listings. Might be worth a try.   Stay on top of your listing days so that you are not surprised with automatic relisting fees in October.

Message 59 of 77
latest reply

On principle alone, you should end each and every one of your listings immediately so that there is no chance of having to pay them anything!!!!!!!!!!!!  That allotment is meant to get you into the web and ruin your life. Don't fall into the trap, end them now while there is still time.

Message 60 of 77
latest reply