cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd INR claim just opened ...

Well GEE, when it's your turn in the barrel it can be pretty deep.  I just had my 3rd ever INR claim opened in 5 years and all 3 within the recent past due to the well documented shipping delays caused by Covid - Holiday package volume, etc..  eBay is FAILING this process by not pushing off a Buyer's ability to file that type of claim for at least 7 days past the estimated delivery date.  If they would do that we wouldn't be having this pleasant conversation.  So here we go again ... I can only thank eBay for monitoring the situation very closely ... but not taking appropriate action.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 77
latest reply
76 REPLIES 76

Same thing is happening to me, but novice buyers are leaving negative feedback for items not received instead of opening a case. Despite issuing a refund, eBay will not remove the negative feedback. So much for seller protection. 

Message 2 of 77
latest reply

EBAY recently changed rules to allow "extra time" for package to be delivered before you have to give refund.

After customer files INR.... if tracking shows movement within past 10 days....EBAY will allow ADDITIONAL 10 days for allow package to be delivered.   

That's a huge change...because EBAY were giving customer refunds on SAME DAY as they opened INR case.

Message 3 of 77
latest reply

EBAY recently changed rules and promised to remove negative feedback for delayed packages shipped (Dec. 16-31).   I would call again and remind them that EBAY has changed their position about negative feedback due to shipping delays.

Message 4 of 77
latest reply

I'm still not clear about the new "protections" announced for sellers.  Ebay states they will extend 10 days to allow a delivery after the buyer asks them to step in.  That's fine, but if it still isn't delivered (and never shows delivered) will the seller then be awarded the unresolved by seller defect?

I've just refunded to avoid the buyer asking ebay to step in.  I have no faith in delivery and can't afford the risk of defects.

Can ebay not extend the time frame without buyers asking them to step in?

Message 5 of 77
latest reply

Mr. L........as others have stated, ebay did take action...........while it wasn't what you suggested.........it was an action that will help at least some.........

Message 6 of 77
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

I'm still not clear about the new "protections" announced for sellers.  Ebay states they will extend 10 days to allow a delivery after the buyer asks them to step in.  That's fine, but if it still isn't delivered (and never shows delivered) will the seller then be awarded the unresolved by seller defect?

I've just refunded to avoid the buyer asking ebay to step in.  I have no faith in delivery and can't afford the risk of defects.

Can ebay not extend the time frame without buyers asking them to step in?

@fern*wood   It's their double talk, they don't even know what they posted in that announcement ... read my question and their answer on the Weekly Chat ... I quoted that very statement you posted about Buyers asking eBay to step in and their reply was THAT was from a previous Seller Update!  WHAT?  It makes no sense at all really ...

Regards,
Message 7 of 77
latest reply

@caldreamer wrote:

EBAY recently changed rules to allow "extra time" for package to be delivered before you have to give refund.

After customer files INR.... if tracking shows movement within past 10 days....EBAY will allow ADDITIONAL 10 days for allow package to be delivered.   

That's a huge change...because EBAY were giving customer refunds on SAME DAY as they opened INR case.

@caldreamer  Well, it looks like its getting worse ... I just checked tracking on BOTH eBay and the USPS site ... they have NO record of the Acceptance scan ... there is currently NO tracking history ... at all.

Regards,
Message 8 of 77
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@caldreamer wrote:

@caldreamer  Well, it looks like its getting worse ... I just checked tracking on BOTH eBay and the USPS site ... they have NO record of the Acceptance scan ... there is currently NO tracking history ... at all.

That is NOT good.  I am thankful that my USPS carrier (she is a contractor) scans every single package she picks up. Same when I drop off with the local post offices. The only thing that has ever kept the local post offices from uploading scans is when, on occasion, their ISP is down at that location. 

Message 9 of 77
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Mr. L........as others have stated, ebay did take action...........while it wasn't what you suggested.........it was an action that will help at least some.........

@dhbookds   Yes, eBay did take action, no argument there ... an action that as you put it " ... it was an action that will help at least some......" That's great too if one is part of the "some" ... this one I think I will get hosed on ... no record of the the Acceptance scan by USPS ... I think there may be some threads on that happening too.  In any event, looks like I have some work to do on this one.

Regards,
Message 10 of 77
latest reply

Oh Mr lincoln! Are you playing bigdeals.etc drinking game?

Message 11 of 77
latest reply

@calntom wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@caldreamer wrote:

That is NOT good.  I am thankful that my USPS carrier (she is a contractor) scans every single package she picks up. Same when I drop off with the local post offices. The only thing that has ever kept the local post offices from uploading scans is when, on occasion, their ISP is down at that location. 

I've had the local clerks say on more than one occasion that their system is acting funny or slow but this has not happened before.  I've also watched late shipping defects drop weeks later (instead of the normal 90 day roll off) when somehow the system updates ... be that USPS to eBay or eBay's internal programming updating.  I know glitches can happen ... its just the pits when it happens to anyone ...

Regards,
Message 12 of 77
latest reply

yep, no scans are sure a problem........but have read of some of those getting scanned at delivery......so don't give up yet.........

Message 13 of 77
latest reply

@mr_lincoln 

just in case you didn't see this:

if you sign up for notifications on tracking...........it asks for your name and email address........

Instead of your name, use the item name............i.e. "blue dress" instead of your name..... that way, when the notifications come in, you can tell what it's for without having to compare the numbers.

Really saved me alot of trying to figure out what the notifications were for......

Message 14 of 77
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

@mr_lincoln 

just in case you didn't see this:

if you sign up for notifications on tracking...........it asks for your name and email address........

Instead of your name, use the item name............i.e. "blue dress" instead of your name..... that way, when the notifications come in, you can tell what it's for without having to compare the numbers.

Really saved me alot of trying to figure out what the notifications were for......

I read your other reply on no scans too, thanks for this one too.  That's good to know.  For the first 2 INRs I actually did a USPS Trace (missing package) and both were delivered 2 days later.  This one though may be different since they have no record of the package ever entering their system ... not sure how that will work LOL!

Regards,
Message 15 of 77
latest reply