cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 year old Top Seller account restricted

I've been on eBay for 18 years now. I have 3500 positive feedback and sold over 10000 item so far.

I have always sold luxury items. I sell authentic items with receipts, I provide great and fast service and my customers are happy.

Things started getting strange with eBay over the past 12 months. Once in a while, I started getting "item removed. account restricted for X days" warnings. These for items I had receipts for and not only receipts, some for items that have authenticity codes that can be verified by going to that brand's website and entering the code for authentication. I showed authenticity codes in photos.

In the end I came to the feeling that eBay doesn't want to deal a few particular brands maybe because of previous legal battles so I stopped listing those brands.

About two weeks ago, I received an email saying my payouts are restricted. You should send purchase receipts for items listed. I could still list new items.

I sent purchase receipts for all recent items I listed. I have over 1000 listings so it was impossible to send everything, their system allows listing up to 10 files.

I received a second email asking for tracking numbers for sold items. I enter DHL tracking numbers for everything I sell so that was obvious.

Today I received one final email saying:

We will need one more piece of information before we can move forward with the appeal on your account.

When you have successfully delivered all outstanding sales on your account either by the tracking that has been provided, or by positive feedback from the buyers of the items, you may appeal this restriction further.

However, this time all my listings are removed and I can't list anything. I have 5 outstanding orders on their way to delivery.

Anyone has been in this situation before? Funny thing is I have same items listed on other luxury resale platforms and they are authenticated because unlike eBay they have authentication teams.

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

"I have 5 outstanding orders on their way to delivery."

Fingers crossed that they arrive safely and your listings are reinstated.  There are risks with selling pricey luxury items.  This predicament is one of them.  

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

Many luxury brands do not like their items sold on eBay because they want to control the prices and their availability. Unfortunately, when eBay starts asking you to prove where you got the items from, they have pretty much made up their minds that you are a risk to eBay. 

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

When you start selling new luxury brands at discounted prices you are, these days, asking for serious trouble.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

With all the looting from high end stores over the past few years, these designers want to catch a thief.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

A few problems I see....

1 You are outside the USA. I'm sure eBay thinks that is highly suspect, given the amount of counterfeit goods made outside the US. 

2 Your items are all listed as new. Receipts from a store will NOT work in a case like this. You will need receipts from a wholesaler that eBay would deem fit enough to accept their receipt. Your whole inventory seems to have been based on that (new store items that you bough from a store). 

I'm afraid you are probably going to be closed down. eBay isn't going to chance it. There is a HUGE risk to your account if you don't do things the way eBay wants them done. Even more unfortunate, eBay does NOT tell sellers in cases like this, how they want you to do things to keep your account safe. 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@jonesdm63 wrote:

With all the looting from high end stores over the past few years, these designers want to catch a thief.

I doubt it.  Inventory stolen from a store is inventory properly purchased that will then be repurchased.  What these brands don't want is for their product to be sold at discounted prices as they imagine, rightly or not, that it will tarnish the brand.  And it is the brand they are selling and not the product that, in the corporate mind, justifies their high margins.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@bonfire_25 wrote:

In the end I came to the feeling that eBay doesn't want to deal a few particular brands maybe because of previous legal battles so I stopped listing those brands.

One word...VeRO

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

When its a Vero take down, the Ebay email always states that.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@bonfire_25 

Maybe bc of these types of situations related to your country>

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/08/turkey-trade-in-counterfeit-goods-booms-fuelled-by-fal...

Altho this can be true of any country, Turkey's fake items have quadrupled since 2019, according to internet info, so it's possible eBay is keeping an  eye out for certain countries with certain brands being sold here

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

When its a Vero take down, the Ebay email always states that.

I thought they get involved behind the scenes, not only for removals.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I had a couple of Vero takedowns when I was selling, the email always states that it was an infringement of an intellectual verification rights owner removal.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 12 of 14
latest reply

It wasn't Vero.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

@bonfire_25 wrote:

I've been on eBay for 18 years now. I have 3500 positive feedback and sold over 10000 item so far.

I have always sold luxury items. I sell authentic items with receipts, I provide great and fast service and my customers are happy.

Things started getting strange with eBay over the past 12 months. Once in a while, I started getting "item removed. account restricted for X days" warnings. These for items I had receipts for and not only receipts, some for items that have authenticity codes that can be verified by going to that brand's website and entering the code for authentication. I showed authenticity codes in photos.

About two weeks ago, I received an email saying my payouts are restricted. You should send purchase receipts for items listed. I could still list new items.

I sent purchase receipts for all recent items I listed. I have over 1000 listings so it was impossible to send everything, their system allows listing up to 10 files.

I received a second email asking for tracking numbers for sold items. I enter DHL tracking numbers for everything I sell so that was obvious.

Today I received one final email saying:

We will need one more piece of information before we can move forward with the appeal on your account.

When you have successfully delivered all outstanding sales on your account either by the tracking that has been provided, or by positive feedback from the buyers of the items, you may appeal this restriction further.

However, this time all my listings are removed and I can't list anything. I have 5 outstanding orders on their way to delivery.

Anyone has been in this situation before? Funny thing is I have same items listed on other luxury resale platforms and they are authenticated because unlike eBay they have authentication teams.

Hmm eBay and other major companies would never give out such info with out a court order,

yet whom ever is investigating you has you be the short hairs by saying you can not sell if you do not provide that info:

Contact legal advice on this due to this is an investigation in to YOU.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply