cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return back to old style listing? Help!!

I hit the new style listing format and don’t like it how do I return to the old style listing format

Message 1 of 80
latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: Return back to old style listing? Help!!

**bleep**in **bleep** this new listing. It bugs and is slow as F#$%

Message 61 of 80
latest reply

As well as not liking the new listing format is anyone else having trouble with calculated shipping?  When I use calculate shipping option it is showing up in the listing as almost double the cost of what it quotes.  Please help!  Flat rate shipping does not work on heavy objects going across the United States.

Message 62 of 80
latest reply

@johns-garagelv 

First and foremost-you are 100% right-this new tool is a huge disadvantage to sheets trying to list on any kind of productive manner.

To help you out though- they finally did add the classic shipping calculator tool back into the new tool. IT SHOULD BE ON THE MAIN PAGE FLOW, but of course it is not, so you must click "edit all" or "add shipping" to get the first popop box to show.... Then scroll so the way to the bottom and you will see a small blue link that says "calculate"- when you click this, it will take you to the best away to add your shipping dimensions and select carriers and it will input it all in the listing for you. 

The unified listing tool is SLOWLY reverting back to the classic tool lol.... The tool nobody asked to have changed lol, because it was great

Message 63 of 80
latest reply

Hi, velvet...

I have seen this answer in several different places; unfortunately, whenever I click on the 3 dots, it does not give me the 'switch to classic view' link...all it shows is 'Settings', 'Your Feedback', & 'Latest Update'

Please help.

Message 64 of 80
latest reply

@orangeavenuecollection 

This thread is quite old and at the time this was originally posted back in April of this year, there WAS an option to go back. 
That is no longer accessible. 

The new system is fully in place, no going back. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 65 of 80
latest reply

Thank you so much for the info, dryophelia; I appreciate it. What I don't understand, however, is...ive been selling for about two weeks now, using the old format, loved it!...and it just now changed, out of the blue! From what I've been able to find, it seems the change happened months ago, but mine just now changed, after two weeks of the old listing format.

Very frustrating!

Message 66 of 80
latest reply

@orangeavenuecollection 

I can certainly see how frustrating it would be. 

There is a wealth of knowledge, here on these boards and forums. You’ve done well finding this place. 

Come back often. Ask questions, and it’s best to start your own thread. When we scroll through the threads, there is a few sentences shown. If I think I can help, I’ll open the thread and read more about the issue. My answer will be based on that first post I read. 
On this thread, I noticed you had latched on to an old thread and, well, here we are. 

Anyway, welcome. 

No one asked, but I am looking forward to the day when having feedback default sorted by relevance seems right.
Message 67 of 80
latest reply

EBAY- take notice to the above posts. a brand new seller of only 2 weeks was using the classic listing tool with NO PROBLEMS and liked it. then they were switched over to the new tool and found it difficult to use and confusing and they want to switch back!

If the new unified listing tool was better wouldnt a brand new ebay seller naturally want to use it?!

This highlights the shortcomings of taking a properly designed desktop listing experience and replacing it with a mobile app!

How much feedback do you need before admitting that this was a mistake?

Message 68 of 80
latest reply

on positive note- when i was listing the other day, i noticed that it seemed that all the item specific sections all "stuck" when you would hit the enter key! ....no need to waste more clicks with the +add button.

Thanks ebay team for getting it fixed.  We will have a good working desktop tool in no time if you continue to listen to sellers and use the classic tool as a guide.   Desktops are far more productive and we need access to all its capability- not a reduced function mobile app.

Message 69 of 80
latest reply

Well, the link to force a draft listing to the old format doesn't work anymore.  I guess eBay couldn't stand people having a work around.

Message 70 of 80
latest reply

Yeah. The new listing format is giving me a lot of these messages with no way of knowing what to fix:

Looks like something is missing or invalid. Please fix any issues and try again.

Item specifics

Unbelievable how brain dead Ebay is.

Message 71 of 80
latest reply

Do you value your time?

Ebay certainty does not, is the most obvious outcome.

Why is this not all automated like amazon, as usual eBay comes up with a system and misses the point of why their competition are doing this better.

No offense but sounds like you are a shill for eBay.

Message 72 of 80
latest reply

@dryfly5300 wrote:

No offense but sounds like you are a shill for eBay.

@dryfly5300 

Far from it.

@siamjane8  has been kicking and screaming at eBay since this new Lister first rolled out - and has expended tremendous effort in suggesting fixes. As a result of all that noise, eBay has made some significant changes to the tool. Not a shill, but certainly a thorn in eBay's side. Constructive criticism goes a long way toward improvement of any system.

@siamjane8  thank you for pushing back against eBay. The Unified Lister (a disaster upon rollout) was made better because of it, and if it can get all the way back to a true desktop tool, it will have been worth it.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 73 of 80
latest reply

@dryfly5300 I could understand why you might think an eBay compliment would make me a shill for eBay but you must not have noticed that I have been very critical of the new listing tool for over a year or more. I do however believe in complimenting when someone is done right. 

While I have been extremely vocal about the unified listing tool out of sheer frustration at how unfortunately and poorly  designed it was, I in no way believe that I was alone in getting eBay to slowly change course...... No this has been universally hated by the majority of ebay sellers. It was just bad. A mistake for sure, that they are still coming to grips with fixing so sellers can list efficiently again. It became obvious to the "right people" that the huge dropoff in gmv on eBay was in fact due to sellers not listing as much here...... And that coincided perfectly with the rollout of the unified listing  tool. Someone's finally put 2 & 2 together!

Allot of damage has been done but it's time to move forward and keep fixing the tool. It should have never been unified. 

Message 74 of 80
latest reply

Zombie Thread 

Message 75 of 80
latest reply