cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find the Editor for Description Templates

I know where to find the Item template editor, but where is the Description Editor?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@mreinsmith 

Here you go.  Hover the template on the list until the flyout appears.

Then click either "insert" to use that template or "manage" to edit that template.

Insert custom template - manageInsert custom template - manage

When selecting "Manage", an editor will appear in the overlay with the same editing features as the listing form's description editor.

Insert custom template - editInsert custom template - edit

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Are you on the mobile app or on desktop?

eBay's new desktop Listing tool has a description editor that hides the HTML editor and some of the markup tools. Is this the one you are looking for? It requires a few clicks to get into HTML view.

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for your response

Actually here is what I was referring to

2023-01-29 23_05_22-Complete your listing  .png

I realize I can just create a new one, but it would be nice to know where to edit the one I've already made

No biggie, just thought I'd see if anyone knew

Thanks again

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@mreinsmith 

Here you go.  Hover the template on the list until the flyout appears.

Then click either "insert" to use that template or "manage" to edit that template.

Insert custom template - manageInsert custom template - manage

When selecting "Manage", an editor will appear in the overlay with the same editing features as the listing form's description editor.

Insert custom template - editInsert custom template - edit

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Oy vey, I never clicked on it because I didn't want to insert it, I wanted to edit it 🤣

Thanks again 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I created a few, but for some reason it never saves and if it does, it doesn't even pop up. I need some assistance if anyone can help

Message 6 of 6
latest reply