cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've done everything to work with the buyer and he is beyond difficult!

Buyer won an auction for a G Scale Train and Tender car. I sent it Fed Ex on Dec. 16th. He received it on Dec 24th and it's severely damaged. It wasn't this way when I listed it. He starts blaming me for the damage, but all the photos I posted on Ebay were in perfect shape. He filed a claim with Fed Ex and after a week, it was denied. Then I filed the claim with Fed Ex, it was approved because I was the shipper. So I tell the buyer I want the train back. His attitude flipped on me! He wanted a full refund and wanted to keep the train. I told him he needed to send the train back and then he'd get a refund. Since then he's been furious in every chat we've had.  He shipped the train this week and demanded I send him his money right away.  No, I didn't give him a refund yet. TODAY I get the train back. The train has more damage caused from him! The photos of the damage he sent me back on December 24th is worse now and it wasn't caused from shipping. I think he's mad about not getting to keep the train for free so he broke more items on it. The train is missing some of the broken pieces along with the train engineer figure. I have asked him 3 times today to send the broken pieces and the engineer figure and then I will refund him. NO REPLY FROM HIM. I have contacted Ebay to let them know about the situation. Ebay won't refund him without my approval will they? I want everything back before I refund him. Any answers will be helpful. Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: I've done everything to work with the buyer and he is beyond difficult!

If he opens a case,and provides tracking proving the return to you, they will refund him. Or he could go to his cc.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Will Ebay refund him even though the train was sent back to me incomplete?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

First- stop it. Stop trying to make sense of people in this world. You have to figure that anyone wanting an item like that is probably telling the truth. Many times, items are 'crushed' by a 40 lb item sat on top of it. 

Either way- just pay the refund and be done and move on. 

It's all about the percentages. If 95% of sales stick and 5% don't- that's the average. 

Stop reading into it any further. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Hate to say it, but yes, they will.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

eBay will refund him 100% -

you will get a defect on your account and have to pay all the eBay fees.

When an item is damaged in shipping it is the seller who claims AND even if the shipper (FedEx) denies the claim, the seller refunds the buyer.

The seller is responsible for getting the item to the buyer as the photos show when sold.

You need to refund the buyer now. Even if he sent you a rock, you need to refund.

Then block this buyer and move on.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

eBay could refund him without your approval if he files a case against you with eBay. Since FedEx gave you a full refund it doesn't matter if there is more damage because you got a full refund from FedEx anyway. I suggest that you send him the refund before he files a case with eBay.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Question, the buyer has requested more money than what he paid. The buyer added in the shipping amount to ship it back to me even though I approved an Ebay label and paid for it. If I hit the refund button, does Ebay give him the amount he requests or can I refund him exactly what he paid?  I don't want to hit that button unless I know for sure. 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

The maximum refund is what he paid when he bought the item. Do NOT refund what he paid to ship the item to you because you provided a shipping label. If he did not use it, it's his fault. You will NOT be charged for that label since the buyer did not use it.  Refund him.  BLOCK him and move on.    Perhaps, you can still sell that train for parts or use the parts to fix something else that you have. 

Try to use a bigger shipping box and add more cushioning. The post office is brutal. Remember, they use conveyor belts so an 80 lb. box can easily land on a much smaller box and cause damaged.  Be grateful too that the insurance paid you.  Very often they don't.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: