cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay denied appealed for obvious scam

case.PNGscam.PNG

How is this not enough proof????? Should I have written down the tracking number? I thought the pictures would be enough. IT CAN'T FIT IN THE ENVELOPE IT"S A BIG GAMING LAPTOP. I called, they said they can't do anything since it is all online. 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Ebay denied appealed for obvious scam

This crap is so confusing. SO NOW I DON'T GET MY MONEY BACK, AND I HAVE TO ASK FOR THE FREE LAPTOP BACK.laptop.PNG

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Someone explain this to me, I don't understand this logic. Am I supposed to take pictures of my listing and show them? 

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

There seems to be a lot of scams on electronics lately as I read postings here. I got a return as well but I refused it at the post office. Instead of buyer returning my stamps...it was a dark plastic sealed bag with a liquid or poo-poo in it. I refused it...it had tracking and I got hit with a $20.00 charge from the banking institution for refusing whatever was in there.

I now take a photo of any large package I mail out to a buyer and send that photo to buyer when I mail the package.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

@stargizmos ... just wowzer. That's all I got... 😖

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

hgffddd.PNG

I got an Update. Haven't gotten the money back yet, but good so far.

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I hope you had at least a police report in your county to give to appeals, preferably one in the buyers county and postal fraud case.  Otherwise I suspect your appeal will be very short lived, this is eBay and if you don't do all the work, you lose.  Even if you do all the work, sometimes the best outcome is just a courtesy refund to you and the buyer does it to the next person.  

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

OP may just get the courtesy money from eBay while eBay refunded the buyer from their own pocket. I would suggest OP still file a police report in the buyer's location and the following online reports to help other sellers in the future.

https://www.uspis.gov/report

https://www.ic3.gov/

https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

This crap is so confusing. SO NOW I DON'T GET MY MONEY BACK, AND I HAVE TO ASK FOR THE FREE LAPTOP BACK.laptop.PNG

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

I see you have several posts here. This is a common scam; please search this forum and you will find many like this one.

Solved: Buyer Returned A Different Item - The eBay Community

If you don't get the refund from eBay, you may follow jahood1984's suggestion: file a police report and then contact eBay for business on Facebook (eBay for Business | Facebook). You need a police report to show you are serious.

By the way, the buyer seems from Eastern Europe (Member since: Jun-09-22 in Georgia) and only have 2 feedback (1 from you). I guess the buyer used freight forwarding address. Our past experience is more than 70% scams are associated with this area.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I can't find his real name, the address doesn't lead to anything. The return was from an Etsy account, I contacted the seller, and he gave me an email that leads to nowhere. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Unfortunately eBay does not care that buyers use blatantly fake names and I've noticed it's become increasingly common, especially with freight forwarders.  You would file a police report with the information you have keeping in mind that even if you had a buyers real name and address, there's a 99.5% law enforcement will still do absolutely nothing about.  The case is only to show eBay your serious and trying to get your money back,if only a courtesy refund so the buyer can scan the next person.  eBay doesn't protect sellers but if you file police reports, you at least have a chance.  I don't sell anything over $500 on eBay unless I absolutely can't sell it anywhere else, last time I did I discovered while the buyer was trying to send me back his dead item that he was doing it to 3 other sellers for the same $1k plus items, with cases open for each item.  eBay didn't care, the buyer is still here and undoubtedly still scamming people (probably for even higher value items).  Unfortunately had you come to the forum sooner we may of been able to help but I think you exhausted the appeals?  The buyer will never respond and eBay made plenty of money as undoubtedly that was a very expensive laptop.  If you continue to sell here or sell high value items, going forward you'll know it's police reports or nothing (literally).  I hate eBay is like this, especially with obvious cases like yours.  I'd still file the reports and reach out to eBay on Facebook in hopes for a courtesy refund as mentioned above, best of luck going forward.  Sorry this happened and is an eBay standard practice .

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

If eBay doesn't refund you, like other people's suggestion, you need take a police report from your location or buyer's location to eBay and appeal. You will have a better chance to get your money back. Even if later you want to file a BBB complaint to eBay, you still need a police report to show you are really really serious.

Message 12 of 12
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: