cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead Lady Returns Microwave

I had a New microwave. Wasn’t a mark on it. I tested it out. Working perfectly. It was a cheap microwave but was in perfect condition.

I get a return on it. Huge. Heavy. Will probably come back Priority Mail on a $100 label when I shipped it UPS, but thats a different issue.

They broke it. They said they broke it. They choose INAD or doesn’t work, don’t remember which. My fault they broke it of course and now I get to pay a fortune to have my item ruined.

I always look up the person who steals. The lady is DEAD! Her obituary is the first Google result. They had a PO Box but since the item was big and only offered UPS they were forced to give a real address. Its a trailer in the north LasVegas desert that just sold recently. 

The dude (I think) put his real phone number in however. I found a car listed with same phone number and items being sold on ProxieBid with same phone number. I found who I think it really is and they are not good people.

They said “I just got out of surgery” LOL. Ill bet I have heard that out of the mouth of someone stealing about 100 times. One hell of a surgery for having been dead two months.

I don’t think they know they are about to get half a refund. I haven’t said anything to them lest they make it a case midstream. I reported them. Ill send Vegas PD a note about potential identity theft but they probably won’t care.

Its the one open abusive return. Things have actually been quite good on the return front lately. There will always be thieves. 

For everything that happens conditions exist such that nothing else could have happened.
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Dead Lady Returns Microwave

Unfortunately eBay doesn't care about your research.  It may be the account holder is deceased and her husband is still using the account.

I'm pretty sure if they opened a not as described or doesn't work case you will have to refund in full. Deducting up to 50% is for remorse returns that come back in worse condition.

Were it me on an  item with expensive shipping that  is now useless, broken and can't be resold I would go ahead and refund and save myself the return label cost.

After they are refunded show eBay their message where they admitted to breaking it. It won't  get your money back but you might get ( don't laugh), a $6 shipping voucher.

Put them on your blocked bidder list.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

How do you plan on getting around refunding in full? You said they opened an item not as described case or doesn't work, neither of which falls under a remorse reason even if it's a lie.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

They might be shipping you their old one.  Keeping the new one.  a microwave doesn't seem like something you'd buy off ebay, new ones are cheap and Denver has 100 big box stores.  

A thoughtful call to the Denver PD might not directly help you but they might shine a light on whatever else is going on there at that address.  You'll need to wait and see what you get back. 

Good luck! 

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

@kitschy*loot wrote:

How do you plan on getting around refunding in full? You said they opened an item not as described case or doesn't work, neither of which falls under a remorse reason even if it's a lie.

I had a similar sort of case. If the buyer actually acknowledged that they broke it in eBay messages, then first report them for improper use of the return system by claiming it was broken while also admitting they broke it. After you have done that contact CS (no, not on the phone) and provide them with the pertinent information. DO NOT go off a long winded rant as you did here. In the words of Joe Friday "Just the facts".

That will enable you to reduce and maybe even eliminate the refund. Takes some work and time but it is possible. I've done it.

Secondly, if they do open a return you DO NOT have to use the Priority Mail label eBay supplies. You can generate a UPS return label and send it to them by a PDF file then enter the info on the return claim under the block "I have sent my own label".

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

No. Have done it several times. I can half it. 

For everything that happens conditions exist such that nothing else could have happened.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Ill post a screenshot when I do it if you like.

@kitschy*loot wrote:

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@deltilogical wrote:

They might be shipping you their old one.  Keeping the new one.  a microwave doesn't seem like something you'd buy off ebay, new ones are cheap and Denver has 100 big box stores.  

A thoughtful call to the Denver PD might not directly help you but they might shine a light on whatever else is going on there at that address.  You'll need to wait and see what you get back. 

Good luck! 

YES! I was about to take it down. Its been up forever. I got it with other stuff so it was basically free. I was going to take it down and put it in the free stuff giveaway just hadn’t gotten around to it.

It had offers. They didn’t offer. They just paid full price because they knew they were going to steal it. I Would have canceled if they had 1 or 0 feedback but they have like 200 if I remember right.

Its shipped. Im curious to see what comes back. 
People saying I cannot deduct the refund but I have had this same situation several times and I know I can. If for some reason I can’t Ill call and case it should I get a different or ruined item back.

Just a recent example. Food Warmer. Guy doesn’t know how to work it. I made a video of it working fine and submitted that with half a refund. Claim was “doesn’t work”. He called and got his money back. 
Guy buys serial barcode scanner and returns because not USB. INAD return reason. He opened all the sealed packages and got half a refund for the privilege. Now my listing says NOT USB all over it. Should probably put it in the gallery picture since these people are like children with a picture book.
It seems people without the half a refund option don’t understand how it works, which isn’t surprising. I will half the refund on this microwave if it’s ruined. Anyone who says I cannot do that is wrong.

If its not the same microwave I won’t refund anything. Ill call.

Side note, I actually only reported and didn’t deduct on the last three lying pieces of shirt. Ebay covered an expensive chargeback for me recently so Im showing my appreciation by not deducting and creating more chargebacks for a while. I just report. This dead lady’s microwave however is different.

Its definitely not her husband. I cannot post people’s personal information here or I would tell you how I know that. His car listing gave him up. I spent way to much time researching over this stupid microwave.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@richard1rst wrote:

@kitschy*loot wrote:

I had a similar sort of case. If the buyer actually acknowledged that they broke it in eBay messages, then first report them for improper use of the return system by claiming it was broken while also admitting they broke it. After you have done that contact CS (no, not on the phone) and provide them with the pertinent information. DO NOT go off a long winded rant as you did here. In the words of Joe Friday "Just the facts".

That will enable you to reduce and maybe even eliminate the refund. Takes some work and time but it is possible. I've done it.

Secondly, if they do open a return you DO NOT have to use the Priority Mail label eBay supplies. You can generate a UPS return label and send it to them by a PDF file then enter the info on the return claim under the block "I have sent my own label".

Uhhh, no. Ill report it and half the refund in a hot 30 seconds. 

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Compared to you guys, I have smooth sailing with my sales!    I'd better not tell anyone...Good luck and Happy Holidays!  

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Given they admitted to breaking it you have a good shot at contacting eBay and the case being closed, then your only stuck with the huge USPS label.   Otherwise that label will cover at least the half you deduct but given they admitted it I'd wager eBay would close it, especially if they have been reported before!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: