cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer from Australia claiming the package was soaked!!!!!

IMG_5363.jpeg

 He bought large lots of stamps. Packed the stamps very well and 2night he’s asking me for refund because the stamps are soaked!!!!! I have doubts that the package traveled all the way from U.S.A to Australia in that condition. I can’t show you the package because the buyer and mine address. Never had a problem like this before . Stamps were packed , sealed and again packed in a flat rate envelope priority mail. Need help!

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Buyer from Australia claiming the package was soaked!!!!!

If he opens a case on eBay then you will be refunding all the money and paying to get them back.

You can try and apply for insurance but doubtful you'll get anything

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

How were they shipped?

If it was EIS, Ebay takes care of it if the buyer files an INAD.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 16
latest reply

I always ship paper items in a Ziplock bag to protect them.

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

How were they shipped?

According to one listing I checked from the multi-item purchase, and like most stamp sellers' listings I've viewed, the seller shipped direct with USPS. They did not go through eBay International Shipping.

If they used a USPS Flat Rate Envelope as indicated, for international shipments that includes up to $200 insurance coverage. I do not recall off the top of my head if stamps are included or excluded from that coverage.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 16
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@kensgiftshop wrote:

How were they shipped?

According to one listing I checked from the multi-item purchase, and like most stamp sellers' listings I've viewed, the seller shipped direct with USPS. They did not go through eBay International Shipping.

If they used a USPS Flat Rate Envelope as indicated, for international shipments that includes up to $200 insurance coverage. I do not recall off the top of my head if stamps are included or excluded from that coverage.

I didn't see the listing they are talking about, but checked one of their other higher priced listings and it showed both, USPS and EIS to Australia.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 16
latest reply

I'm not even sure if I was looking at the right listing, but this is one that I thought might be part of the transaction: 386661355803

There are a few listings that ended Jan 23 that appear to match the photo above.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Most stamp sellers will not use EIS. This seller probably didn't opt-out of EIS.

As a buyer...I never had a seller use EIS.

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

There is a return process for a refund.

Pretty sure this went USPS like most sellers use for stamps.

You can put a paper on his address and yours of the envelope to see the photo of the envelope.

I would ask for a return. No returns does not mean no returns on eBay.

Stamps are still worth value. Stamps just have to be soaked in water for so many minutes. Although the gum will be gone...the stamps are still unused and collectors will buy them.

Stamps should have been enclosed in a water resistance envelope which FedEx has available and thus in a cardboard envelope.

The weather in Australia has been rather rainy this season....buyer should have told seller and seller should have looked at the weather there.

I am currently mailing my stamps in a plastic bag due to the rainy season.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Stamps were packed in a plastic tin bag , then in a tin cardboard envelope and on the end in a flat rate envelope USPS. They paid me 21.00 USD for shipping and the total cost was 47.00 USD. I didn't ask the difference from buyer, it's ok. As I've said I can't post  the picture with the package because my address and his address is visible. Somehow the package is ruined  (soaked) . Buyer if stating the package was soaked why did he signed for receiving? I will try to contact their post office on Monday because I have doubt the package traveled and delivered like that. Already talked to ebay and explain the problem and I'm covered.

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

@balkania05 wrote:

Stamps were packed in a plastic tin bag , then in a tin cardboard envelope and on the end in a flat rate envelope USPS. They paid me 21.00 USD for shipping and the total cost was 47.00 USD. I didn't ask the difference from buyer, it's ok. As I've said I can't post  the picture with the package because my address and his address is visible. Somehow the package is ruined  (soaked) . Buyer if stating the package was soaked why did he signed for receiving? I will try to contact their post office on Monday because I have doubt the package traveled and delivered like that. Already talked to ebay and explain the problem and I'm covered.

Whatever you 'explained' to ebay (and however you did that- a phone call to their offshore reps??)- trust me...

you are NOT covered in ANY way. 

If buyer opens a 'return' for 'not as described' you will have 2 choices.

1.) Tell them to return and YOU will HAVE to pay the return shipping

2.) Simply refund everything they paid. 

2nd-open the picture with paint and you can 'black out' whatever you don't want seen. Been around since the 90s'. 

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Glad your covered by eBay.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Buyer had to accept the package to be covered by the MBG.

If Ebay said you're covered, you're not.

If it was shipped EIS, you would be covered but not USPS.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Looks like the package is chopped on one corner but still the inside was another package where the stamps were packed. The water is only on that margin. It's possible to be from his mail box but in that case who signed for the package? The signature was required by me. Assuming he signed for the package why did he did it if the package was in that condition? For me it's not a problem to refund him but in his first e-mail he's asking me to refund the money but not to send the stamps back!!!!!!!IMG_5372.jpg

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

He had to accept the package.

If they refused the package, it would void their MBG.

Have a great day
Message 15 of 16
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: