cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buyer Returns

Anyone else having this issue? I am a managed payment seller… a buyer opened a return because (I believe) they intended on keeping half of the order because they were mad I wouldn’t accept an extremely low offer… ( they said as much in their emails to me)… so ebay automatically approved the return… here’s the issue; before managed payments I had the option to offer a partial refund, and I received alerts once the return was delivered to me. Well I never received an alert that the return was delivered, so there was no option to move forward with the return. The buyer sent only half of what I sent them and opened the other items… I contacted ebay, they told me to contact the buyer and ask that they send the remaining items back or pay for them! Lol! So I contacted the buyer, which prompts them to open a dispute…I never get notice of the dispute because ebay immediately resolves the dispute because the buyer sends the tracking number showing delivery. So ebay refunds the buyer in full. I appeal the decision, with the reasons I stated above ebay of course sides with the buyer… so I contact ebay because now that the buyer opened a dispute, ebay gets to keep all of its fees! Anyone else have this happen? Ebay tells me that I should have opened a case first… well there is no option to do that … so they tell me that I should have contacted ebay first when there was a problem with the return, I did, and they told me to contact buyer… so they tell me that well since I didn’t make ebay open a dispute first , and the buyer opened a dispute I am not entitled to the refund of selling fees… sounds illegal as hell to me… ebay gets “selling fees” if the item did not sell… ebay gets no fees… it’s already bull **bleep** that they keep their $.30 processing fee no matter what… PayPal didn’t do that! 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer Returns

Paypal always kept $0.30.  Always.

We are now all managed payment sellers.  Forced.

I can tell you everything I've been told, "raise your price", "it's the cost of doing business", etc, but it's not going to help in your situation. 

The buyer is a scammer, who took advantage of the system.  Frustrating and unfair.  Venting is about all we can do.  Sorry!

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Paypal always kept $0.30.  Always.

We are now all managed payment sellers.  Forced.

I can tell you everything I've been told, "raise your price", "it's the cost of doing business", etc, but it's not going to help in your situation. 

The buyer is a scammer, who took advantage of the system.  Frustrating and unfair.  Venting is about all we can do.  Sorry!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@sgeangel26 wrote:

So I contacted the buyer, which prompts them to open a dispute.

I never get notice of the dispute because ebay immediately resolves the dispute because the buyer sends the tracking number showing delivery. 

Sorry @sgeangel26 but just to be clear, your buyer opened a "Payment dispute" in Managed Payments ...

... and somehow simultaneously provided that return tracking number showing already delivered back to you to close to dispute?

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Apparently.  

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Ebay ALWAYS finds for the buyer. They need more buyers and they are GREEDY. I just sold a new $2000 cable lighting chandelier for $575 shipped. Buyer was allowed to return on my dollar stating it didnt work. It came back apart, missing pieces so i couldnt even test it, and about a foot and a half shorter! The buyer cut the cables! All 14 of them! Taped with electrical tape and a wire nut! Ebay denied ny appeal. I am ready to sue ebay and am done selling with them.  

Also, for those that have not realized it- ebay takes their final value percentage from even the sales tax they charge the buyer. THAT cannot be legal, it sure is not ethical!

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

ebay is at fault here.  greedy, greedy company!  sell anything 20 years or older on Etsy.  avoid buying and selling on ebay.  there are other sites.  I was not even allowed to take them to small claims court as they being a corporation the court wanted a name of responsible party which after a few phone calls ebay would not give me.  The certified letter did not even get confirmed delivery- it went into their mailbox at the San Jose without even confirmation of delivery.  The postmaster there assured me it was delivered but no proof.  Sellers do yourself a favor- lose ebay as a selling venue.  There are better ones out there.

j

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I had a buyer return an item that came back broken and was returned for a tiny flea bite.  Ebay didn't refund their money.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I am dealing with the same scam.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I NOTICED THAT ABOUT THE FEE TOO!! 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply
About this board

Welcome to the Returns board! Here you can discuss returns with other members.

Returns related questions? Whether you're a buyer or a seller, check here to get started: