cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Oct 11th @ 1pm PT - Structured Data

alan@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi Community, 

Please join us on Wed Oct 11 @ 1 pm PT for a Community chat on the topic of Structured Data. eBay experts will be on hand to answer any question you might have. 

See you then! grin

Alan - eBay Community Manager

If a member's response helped, please give it a Helpful. If you are the author of a thread and a member's response resolved your question, please click "Accept as Solution." More on Accepted Solutions.

Check out the eBay for Business podcast! For your chance to be featured on the show, call in with a question at 888 723-4630!

Message 1 of 85
latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Re: Structured Data

If I am using the correct UPC shouldn't that allow my items to be properly put in the catalog or in those "grouped, best picked pages?"

Today I was looking for one of my items and I had the correct UPC in the item and yet, when I searched for the item (a Vera Bradley product) many items came up, and the majority of them did not even match.

That best pick thing had a small wallet, tote bags, purses and accessories.  The only thing in common was the color.  Is that how it is suppose to work?  Why not just those that matched the UPC?

Message 16 of 85
latest reply

Condition codes for books and media:

1. A book can be right out of a book store, but if it has ANY damage of any kind to the cover or dust jacket, the condition can't be any greater that GOOD. That's ridiculous.

2. And Media: what matters with media is...the media. But, just like books, if there is any damage of any kind to the cover, jewel case, etc., the condition can't be any better than GOOD. Even if the CD, DVD, Video, etc., plays like new, if the container is damaged, that determines the condition code. Also ridiculous.

Message 17 of 85
latest reply

It would be helpful I could download a CSV of the Listings or Orders that are currently being viewed, and only include the listings that meet any filter criteria entered.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 18 of 85
latest reply

On the orders page it would be VERY helpful to be able to view and download the ACTUAL SHIPPING COST on orders, right now it's only available on the detail pages or throught the invoices.  On the invoices they can be filtered to view, but not easily.

Message 19 of 85
latest reply

When I do a "Sell Similar",

- the size and weight of the item should be carried over into my listing.

- Likewise, the UPC/EAN/MPN, etc. Not just the title and category

Message 20 of 85
latest reply

@long_live_the_seller wrote:

To kick off today's chat, I'd love to start with a question for our sellers.

As eBay guides the marketplace through the changes we make to policy and product, what are some of things you as sellers would like to have to help transition your business?

(i.e. A downloadable report in Seller Hub that helps me identify all of the listings that need to be revised.)

I want this report from SMP updated, usable and downloadable for use with Tax Reporting.  It still exists, but lacks information from all items. 

http://k2b-bulk.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SMProViewReport&viewType=1&viewMode=0&selectMonthId=32

It's inane that we have to go to several different pages to get the basic information we need........

Message 21 of 85
latest reply

I really just want to know that I am using the correct terms when I list a new item so that they have a chance to sell.

Am I listing right? 

If I use the correct UPC should that work?

Also, is a MPN and a style number similar?  I sell clothing items that have a style number that the manufacturer supplies but they do not call it a MPN.  Is there a special way to put style number in the listings or Item specifics so that they get picked up as structured data?

It's really a bit to close to December to think about redoing all my listings but I want them to sell.

Message 22 of 85
latest reply

Speaking of downloaded invoices.  They are missing one critical piece of data, the order number (or record number).  I need to be able to easily tie all the items from a multiple order item together in the downloaded file.

Message 23 of 85
latest reply

The seller hub has nice features and can be useful but listed and sold items are the most important things to see. Ebay had it right with the old page. Why are we no longer able to use the old my ebay page without the choice to use what works best for us?

When I need to see the graphs and other info I could make a bunch of clicks and page loads to get there. Why are those things I don't really need the first things I have to see in my ebay? Why is it all the important things like my sold items, questions, and ability to print shipping labels cause me all the clicks and page loads?

Don't get me wrong the seller hub is nice but the only thing that matters to me is giving great service and maintaining perfect ratings. Seller hub does not accomplish this, only the old page does.

Also setting the old my ebay to display items newly listed reveals in real time when items over 16 months old have been relisted and need revising. This alerts me to check the price and other info, a feature I lose with seller hub. The growth suggested data compares my products to unrelated items so in collectable category it isn't useful, neither is my growth rate of my top two categories. All of the new stuff is not very helpful and the important stuff is a few clicks away. How do we benefit?
Message 24 of 85
latest reply

@dtexley3 wrote:

On the orders page it would be VERY helpful to be able to view and download the ACTUAL SHIPPING COST on orders, right now it's only available on the detail pages or throught the invoices.  On the invoices they can be filtered to view, but not easily.

Agree..

Also on this page:

http://k2b-bulk.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ListingConsole&CurrentPage=LCEnded&status=EligibleForSCO&p...

Sellers need to see the Shipping Cost on the listing when evaluating Second Chance Offers to sent, Relisting, etc.

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 25 of 85
latest reply

Hi Alan,

Today I listed a brand name shampoo and hair conditioner in one listing.

I clicked the "yes" to the question is this a bundle listing.   Same brand, two different products.

I could input only one UPC even through there are two products.  I chose the shampoo. 

Will my listing eventually be tagged as missing identifiers because of the missing conditioner UPC?

I'm confused as to where on the listing form I should add product identifer's for a multi product listing.  Add extra item specifics with UPC's of other products in the listing?

Also, if only one item of a multi product listing appears in the eBay catalog will that affect the listing visibility in new version of Search and Collections?

Thanks for direction and your helpful advice,

BonnieJo

Message 26 of 85
latest reply

@tealt wrote:

I sometimes list used books.

EBay’s chart says that used books must be listed with an ISBN or UPC.

How will I be able to list a book which was published before ISBNs and UPCs existed?

Will eBay software allow “does not apply” for such books?

Will lack of ISBN and UPC hurt my book in search if later editions/revisions of the same title have. ISBNs or UPCs?

Same question for media: 
I have had several videotapes for sale that had no ISBN/UPC. 
The SAME video has been re-released, with the same cover, the same release date, the same everything...except this package has a UPC/ISBN and the one I have doesn't.
I have been told it's illegal for me to use the UPC/ISBN for the re-release, because it's not on the video I have in hand.
Does that make sense?

Message 27 of 85
latest reply

alan@ebay wrote:

Hi Community, 

@Please join us on Wed Oct 11 @ 1 pm PT for a Community chat on the topic of Structured Data. eBay experts will be on hand to answer any question you might have. 

See you then! grin

Hi Guys....nice to see you again.

I would love for them to fix the Plus Size Petite Women's Clothes. They cannot be listed nor searched for since they took them off the size menu. That menu is a lot set up for men, but I have shows Trinton the problem and he submitted. I called customer service since I can't add to multiples the petite sizes for plus women and she saw the problem and said she would escallate it. It has been over two months and I have so many petite clothes laying here waiting for me to list them. Over a year ago, I worked with someone with EBay and we fixed all of that. Now I have customers messaging me to see if items are petite or not since they are unsure. I do show them, but customers do not have confidence without asking. What can we do next so I can list my items? How can I help get the sizes like 34WP or 3XWP on the size menu. (If you see 34 in. that is inches....waist for a 34WP is 52 - 53 1/2 inches. How can the plus size petite woman have equil ways to find their sizes?  Trinton can tell you I drove him crazy with this. He is such a big help.......................now what?

Message 28 of 85
latest reply

Just curious, are there going to be responses to questions or is this just another 'We would like to ask ....' session?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 29 of 85
latest reply

@coinslabz26 wrote:
The seller hub has nice features and can be useful but listed and sold items are the most important things to see. Ebay had it right with the old page. Why are we no longer able to use the old my ebay page without the choice to use what works best for us?

When I need to see the graphs and other info I could make a bunch of clicks and page loads to get there. Why are those things I don't really need the first things I have to see in my ebay? Why is it all the important things like my sold items, questions, and ability to print shipping labels cause me all the clicks and page loads?

Don't get me wrong the seller hub is nice but the only thing that matters to me is giving great service and maintaining perfect ratings. Seller hub does not accomplish this, only the old page does.

Also setting the old my ebay to display items newly listed reveals in real time when items over 16 months old have been relisted and need revising. This alerts me to check the price and other info, a feature I lose with seller hub. The growth suggested data compares my products to unrelated items so in collectable category it isn't useful, neither is my growth rate of my top two categories. All of the new stuff is not very helpful and the important stuff is a few clicks away. How do we benefit?

The Overview Page is not "The Seller Hub."  It's just a tool that's part of the Seller Hub.

The Seller Hub is the menu across the top of the page and down the left side of the page. 

eBay has failed to define what the Seller Hub is for Sellers and it has generated a lot of confusion. 

Most of what Sellers need to do are on the Orders and Listings pages of the Seller Hub.

Typos courtesy of Lithium.
Message 30 of 85
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: