cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, June 3 @ 1:00 pm PT - Turbo Lister Retirement & SixBit

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Join the Community team at 1 PM on June 3rd for our Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. With the upcoming retirement of Turbo Lister, a member of the team that supported this tool will join us to answer questions about the transition. Additionally, representatives from the third-party listing tool SixBit will also be joining us to provide more information on how you may be able to leverage their product to grow your business.

If you're new to our weekly chat, welcome! Simply click the Reply button on this post, type up your question, and hit submit. We look forward to chatting with you!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 263
latest reply
262 REPLIES 262

Re: Community Chat, June 3 @ 1:00 pm PT - Turbo Lister Retirement & SixBit

Anonymous
Not applicable

@eastmeetswest wrote:

Turbolister can create listings in File Exchange format - will these be accepted after mid-July?

Hello @eastmeetswest ,

Thank you for your post and great comment. Turbo Lister, after July, would be able to still export as File Exchange CSV but keep in mind that Turbo Lister 2 has been so far behind File Exchange that the encrypted data it produces can't be used by File Exchange and so there is a lot of fixing to do with such a file. 

If you are interested in a desktop application like Turbo Lister, I suggest going with SixBit. If you are wanting to learn to do a feed application then you can reach out to our Advanced Apps team at eBay and they can help you with learning File Exchange to list your items.

Message 182 of 263
latest reply

Is SixBit fully compatible with eBay motors, primarily with the vehicle compatibility chart?

Message 181 of 263
latest reply

I also received this query from ebay about paying for Turbo Lister. Didn't do much good, did it?
Message 183 of 263
latest reply

@freshwardrobe wrote:

So now this new inventory software wants to charge? Are none free anymore???

@freshwardrobe  Thanks for your question. Most 3rd party services will have a charge. eBay does offer a free feed program called File Exchange. You can read about that here: https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/selling-tools/file-exchange?id=4096&st=12&pos=1&query=File%20Excha...
You might perform an internet search to see what 3rd party services will work with eBay for free.

Message 184 of 263
latest reply

Can I transfer listings that have not been active for years?
Angcat77
Message 185 of 263
latest reply

Ebay,

Do a survey and see just how many TL users are willing to pay for it to keep it. You'd be very surprised I'm sure of that!

Message 186 of 263
latest reply

Question for 6 bit people.........

After TL is "killed" by ebay Would it be possible for TL users to continue to list in TL and then export to 6 bit to do the actual uploading to ebay?  I realize the redundancy.......but some could be more comfortable doing that than trying to deal with a new program.........granted they would have to do categories and IS because of on going changes.......

Message 187 of 263
latest reply

@a*river*runs*through*it wrote:

suzanne@ebay 

As to this: "The program will remain on your hard drive until you uninstall it. As long as the program is still installed you'll be able to see your inventory there."

So are you saying we will still be able to log into our TL? So if need be we can look at our listings and at least copy and paste the info?

I think what they are saying is that you will be able to look in the file folder on your computer for what is already there, though I may be wrong.  It sounds like there won't be any connectivity between TL and ebay.  I hope they come back and clarify, though.

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 188 of 263
latest reply

@a*river*runs*through*it wrote:

Ebay,

Do a survey and see just how many TL users are willing to pay for it to keep it. You'd be very surprised I'm sure of that!

@a*river*runs*through*it 

They did that a year or two ago.  I remember filling it out.  But never heard anything beyond that.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 189 of 263
latest reply

I still do not see anywhere on the forum a straight answer from eBay as to what will actually happen on July 13.

If the answer is I lose the ability to call for support on TL and I will no longer be able to directly connect from TL to eBay to do uploads of listings.  Say that! If something else in my desktop TL software will stop working, state what that is. TL on my computer has had no updates for a long time now but it works as far as keeping and inventory of items to include pictures and descriptive information that I can use and I can hopefully still export data in CSV format.  Please answer my specific questions which are clearly not answered so far in this forum by eBay.

Message 190 of 263
latest reply

@tandpcards wrote:

With Turbo Lister I build a folder with items I want to have in an auction over a period of days.  When I have several items, I launch all at the same time.  Can I do this with your new system?  

@tandpcards Yes, you can create your items and put them in folders or keep them in the "Under Construction" status.  When you are ready, you can select them all and submit them at one time.  In fact, virtually everything you do in SixBit can be done in a batch.

Message 191 of 263
latest reply

@gjccd wrote:
Where do I go to see the answers to some of the questions others are posing?

Hi @gjccd! Questions and answers are posted in chronological order. If you scroll through the chat you'll see responses with the corresponding question quoted for reference. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 192 of 263
latest reply

How long will we be able to use  T/B in our computer? Then upload the item using the Hub?

Message 193 of 263
latest reply

I've been using SixBit for years----I like it, have rarely had a problem, and great customer service when I have had a problem.
Message 194 of 263
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

Question for 6 bit people.........

After TL is "killed" by ebay Would it be possible for TL users to continue to list in TL and then export to 6 bit to do the actual uploading to ebay?  I realize the redundancy.......but some could be more comfortable doing that than trying to deal with a new program.........granted they would have to do categories and IS because of on going changes.......

@dhbookds 

That is a VERY INTERESTING question.  I sure hope they answer it.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 195 of 263
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: