cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Feb 20 from 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Join us here on Feb 20th at 1 PM PT for our weekly Chat with the Community Team. We'll be discussing general buying and selling topics and look forward to seeing you slight_smile

Message 1 of 78
latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

Re: Community Chat, Feb 20 from 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Re: Community Chat, Feb 13 from 1:00 pm PT - General Topics
in reply to 02-13-2019 02:19:48 PM
trinton@ebay

@mam98031 wrote:

More regarding buyers opening claims or Not.

I understand Ebay recommends that we do just as you have previously describe.  Since this is being pushed as being boarder line mandatory, are we moving this direction on all things Ebay Recommends?  I'm not trying to be silly.  I'm trying to understand when a recommendation is a recommendation and when a recommendation is actually mandatory.

Hi @mam98031, sometimes when we use the term recommendation, we are indicating a best practice or something where choice is involved. Other times our recommendation would be synonymous with a requirement - unfortunately in a written format, communication can be lacking context or clarity, and while this is not our intention, The Community Team will work to be more direct where possible. For this, we've clearly outlined the types of requests appropriate for various situations, examples of times where a refund via PayPal would be allowed, and stated that a seller is expected to use the appropriate request. To summarize, a seller is required to refund through a request when this is the most appropriate process for the situation. Refunds via PayPal are only for certain situations, and a defect can be recorded if misused.

The above is from last weeks chat.  The chat was closed at the time and no response or additional questions were allowed.

I am NOT trying to be argumentative.  I'm trying to make sure I understand so that I can function as a responsible member of this site.

If someone were not to be coming to the threads for a deep dive into the explanation of a written policy.  How is the average member suppose to be able to tell with an Ebay recommendation is just a recommendation and when an Ebay recommendation is actually much more than that.  If you don't follow the recommendation you face potential sanctions or the health of your account could be at risk.

How is the average member suppose to be able to know the difference if Ebay writes the policies in such a way as it is unclear or goes against the definition that is commonly used for the word recommendation?

The resolution to this seems simple to me.  If it is a recommendation, then the use of that word is appropriate.  But if it is a requirement or mandatory, the word recommendation should NOT be used and other appropriate verbiage should be used so that sellers at least have a fighting chance to understand the written policy.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 16 of 78
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Good afternoon eBay Support Team

Subject: New Sold Page format Critique

My vote is a resounding “No” for the new page layout.  Like many other new page roll outs eBay fails to understand the basic concept of efficient Workspace on a program page.  On more than one occasion I have suggested moving the space wasting NON business related items over to the gutters yet not a single one of those good suggestions has been implemented.  Others have made good suggestions too with the same lack of results.

Sellers go to the Sold page to process Sales and do work NOT look for eBay’s credit card banner ad and NOT to click on any of those light blue panels (I don’t even read them so I don’t even know what they are other than in my way) for whatever they are offering.  Those links are “one time” use selections so there is absolutely no reason to look at them every single time the page is opened. Sellers want to review their orders, print labels and move on.  They want to see as many Sold items on their screen as possible because they can juggle more than one ball at a time.  This new page is great for the Seller who makes one sale a week and when they click on the Sold page there, right in front of their eyes, is their Sold item.  I can’t even imagine what the large volume Sellers are saying about this.  Business is all about being efficient and every single space wasting page design on the site is not as efficient as the older pages.

These poor page designs are negatively affecting the Buying experience by making Sellers less efficient, not to mention frustrated with that additional time and scrolling required to complete simple tasks. 

Below, AGAIN, is a much much better version of the new page … notice how all the static, non-functional, superfluous items have been moved to the gutters and how MORE Sold items can be seen on the page?  These however still need to be compressed because the older page format shows 8-9 items NOT the four I show.   I don’t care if they want to change colors and things like that but to junk up a WORK SPACE on the page with NON work related items negatively effects efficiency.  Please give Sellers the option to select which page format they prefer.  I want to opt out of this one for sure or at least see GOOD suggestions pursued that let it display the same number of items per page the older page versions showed …

-Move the junk to the gutters

-Compress the height of each Sold item – the old page format I could see 9 items … this one less than half that.

-Get rid of the large “My eBay sold” and “Sold” text, Sellers KNOW it’s the Sold page and don’t need the redundant space wasting statement of the obvious

-Give Sellers the option to Opt out of this page design

Please take this constructive criticism and act on it …

Regards,

Mr. L

Sold PAge.jpg

Hi @mr_lincoln - thanks for getting us this feedback, we'll get it to the right team!

Thank you Trinton ... I hope it gets acted on this time and not dumped in the electronic trash heap ... 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 17 of 78
latest reply

Just wanted to say thanks for all the stuff you guys at eBay do. There is a lot of complaining and anger and mad people you have to deal with, but you guys deal with it nicely and politely...so I just wanted to say good job for all of the things you have fixed and looked in to for me and everyone else. Great job!! Smiley Happy

https://bio.link/langs
Message 18 of 78
latest reply

I have no idea as to why my post # 16 presented the way it did.  Sorry!

Message 19 of 78
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@maxoptical wrote:

Are there hidden monthly sales limits?   If a seller has a $5k per month average volume in $50-$100 sales but one month they hit this average $5k in the first week due to some single $1000 sales.  Will this seller see a decreased in sales over the remainder of the month as they already hit their the monthly average?

Hi @maxoptical - no, there are not limits like you describe. 

We have stated sitewide limits that you can find in your account that limit the dollar amount/total number of items you can have listed and/or sold in a given calendar month. You can contact the limits team every 30 days to have your account evaluated for an increase there!

Exactly where should I look to find out what my limits are?

Hi @vrykalak - you should be able to find it from Seller Hub - more details here!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 20 of 78
latest reply

The checkout form puts payment information above address information, but there's a big flaw in that.

eBay should change the checkout page to put address before payment information. Every other site I shop on has you confirm your address first, before you enter payment info. Payment info is always last. This forces buyers to look at the address and confirm it's correct before entering payment details, even when it's auto-filled to a default selection.

eBay does this backwards. As a result we see plenty of requests from buyers asking to ship to a different address after a payment is made. Buyers are used to entering payment info as a last step before completing a purchase.

Another point to support this is that changing the address could change the shipping charge on an item with calculated shipping. Buyers should have visibility to the new price before they enter payment details.

Good night and good luck
Message 21 of 78
latest reply

@ste_2639   The difference between 38.6mm and 38.5mm is less then the width of the text on this page ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 22 of 78
latest reply

@vrykalak wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@maxoptical wrote:

Are there hidden monthly sales limits?   If a seller has a $5k per month average volume in $50-$100 sales but one month they hit this average $5k in the first week due to some single $1000 sales.  Will this seller see a decreased in sales over the remainder of the month as they already hit their the monthly average?

We have stated sitewide limits that you can find in your account that limit the dollar amount/total number of items you can have listed and/or sold in a given calendar month. You can contact the limits team every 30 days to have your account evaluated for an increase there!

@vrykalak 

If you go to https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextAllSelling, it should show you your limits at the top.

https://bio.link/langs
Message 23 of 78
latest reply

In your response to this thread you said "We are never able to reverse on time shipping metrics or the service metrics recorded, but do have options to prevent these from negatively impacting a seller's account if the situation warrants such protection."

Would the situation in that thread warrant that protection and if so, what exactly does that mean? If at some point in the future we are subject to additional fees due to service metrics, can that be appealed because of this situation and if so, how would that work? What assurance do we have that we will be protected?

Message 24 of 78
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@ste_2639   The difference between 38.6mm and 38.5mm is less then the width of the text on this page ...

I think part of the problem on this particular issue is how the CSR responded to them during the appeal process.  The CSR told them there was not any policy that prevents or otherwise is an issue if the buyer ships the item BACK to the seller from a DIFFERENT address than the one they shipped to.  That goes against what the MBG states.

Message 25 of 78
latest reply

@helloandgoodmorning wrote:

The checkout form puts payment information above address information, but there's a big flaw in that.

eBay should change the checkout page to put address before payment information. Every other site I shop on has you confirm your address first, before you enter payment info. Payment info is always last. This forces buyers to look at the address and confirm it's correct before entering payment details, even when it's auto-filled to a default selection.

eBay does this backwards. As a result we see plenty of requests from buyers asking to ship to a different address after a payment is made. Buyers are used to entering payment info as a last step before completing a purchase.

Another point to support this is that changing the address could change the shipping charge on an item with calculated shipping. Buyers should have visibility to the new price before they enter payment details.

Hi @helloandgoodmorning - thanks for your input on this, I'll get it to the right folks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 26 of 78
latest reply

@warrenshobbies wrote:

Any update on a shipping discount?

Ebay has to be a huge account for the USPS and Fedex. I'd think something better than we are paying would be something ebay would have already had in place.

Hi @warrenshobbies! Savings are offered on eBay labels. Additionally, Top Rated Sellers and high volume sellers (more than 300 shipments a month) receive a higher discount on USPS Priority Mail labels purchased on eBay. Beyond these rates, we have nothing new to announce. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 27 of 78
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mcjbob wrote:

I will be traveling for a few months, and will have no active listigs. Before I leave, I’d like to have a number of listings ready to go when I return. I don’t use any listing tools and prefer not to, as standard listing works well for me. I also have a few unsold items I’d liked to save for later.

Is it best to use draft?  How long will a draft remain accessible?

How long to unsold listings remain on eBay before being deleted?

Thank you.

Hi @mcjbob, drafts are only held for up to 30 days so would not be a solution for you considering how long you will be gone. If you have the My eBay > All selling your unsold section will keep listings for up to 60 days, while Seller Hub holds these for up to 90 days. While I know you have indicated not wanting to use a listing tool, I believe that File Exchange would be one of the best solutions for your situation. You can also look into a variety of third party tools if you would like.

Message 28 of 78
latest reply

@*coins wrote:

@vrykalak wrote:

tyler@ebay wrote:

@maxoptical wrote:

@vrykalak 

If you go to https://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?MyEbayBeta&CurrentPage=MyeBayNextAllSelling, it should show you your limits at the top.

Not finding it. Sorry.

Message 29 of 78
latest reply

Is the Spring seller update coming out next week?

How many days will eBay reps respond to questions on the dedicated board?

Will there be a Summer update this year?

Good night and good luck
Message 30 of 78
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: