cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, Feb 20 from 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Anonymous
Not applicable

Join us here on Feb 20th at 1 PM PT for our weekly Chat with the Community Team. We'll be discussing general buying and selling topics and look forward to seeing you slight_smile

Message 1 of 78
latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

Anonymous
Not applicable

The chat is now open for discussion! Welcome everyone and good afternoon slight_smile

Message 2 of 78
latest reply

Good afternoon eBay Support Team

Subject: New Sold Page format Critique

My vote is a resounding “No” for the new page layout.  Like many other new page roll outs eBay fails to understand the basic concept of efficient Workspace on a program page.  On more than one occasion I have suggested moving the space wasting NON business related items over to the gutters yet not a single one of those good suggestions has been implemented.  Others have made good suggestions too with the same lack of results.

Sellers go to the Sold page to process Sales and do work NOT look for eBay’s credit card banner ad and NOT to click on any of those light blue panels (I don’t even read them so I don’t even know what they are other than in my way) for whatever they are offering.  Those links are “one time” use selections so there is absolutely no reason to look at them every single time the page is opened. Sellers want to review their orders, print labels and move on.  They want to see as many Sold items on their screen as possible because they can juggle more than one ball at a time.  This new page is great for the Seller who makes one sale a week and when they click on the Sold page there, right in front of their eyes, is their Sold item.  I can’t even imagine what the large volume Sellers are saying about this.  Business is all about being efficient and every single space wasting page design on the site is not as efficient as the older pages.

These poor page designs are negatively affecting the Buying experience by making Sellers less efficient, not to mention frustrated with that additional time and scrolling required to complete simple tasks. 

Below, AGAIN, is a much much better version of the new page … notice how all the static, non-functional, superfluous items have been moved to the gutters and how MORE Sold items can be seen on the page?  These however still need to be compressed because the older page format shows 8-9 items NOT the four I show.   I don’t care if they want to change colors and things like that but to junk up a WORK SPACE on the page with NON work related items negatively effects efficiency.  Please give Sellers the option to select which page format they prefer.  I want to opt out of this one for sure or at least see GOOD suggestions pursued that let it display the same number of items per page the older page versions showed …

-Move the junk to the gutters

-Compress the height of each Sold item – the old page format I could see 9 items … this one less than half that.

-Get rid of the large “My eBay sold” and “Sold” text, Sellers KNOW it’s the Sold page and don’t need the redundant space wasting statement of the obvious

-Give Sellers the option to Opt out of this page design

Please take this constructive criticism and act on it …

Regards,

Mr. L

Sold PAge.jpg

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 3 of 78
latest reply

Is this where we come to vent? I'm so exhausted but was suggested to share my experience here

Message 4 of 78
latest reply

Received an item not as described. His comment was It wears bigger than the 38.5 mm measurement. Nice watch though.

I listed it as 38.6mm. I asked a follow up by what he meant and how it didn’t match description, he would not reply in the formal complaint case. 

I messaged him through the regular Ebay msg channel and he finally replied “It wears bigger than the 38.5 mm measurement. Nice watch though”

After digging around his profile, I found out he owns a watch company in Florida and had an exact watch with the exception of color of the face dial listed for sale. Spec on it was 38.6mm as well. 

I messaged him back about this and to see if he really wanted to proceed with the return, he replied “Yes.
the other moser just came in part of business after this one was purchased.
I don't wear watches from the business, especially new ones. Too big for me.”

So, after being forced to provide a shipping label back, I get notice it was being shipped back to me, but I noticed the origin scan was New Jersey. I shipped it to Florida. I called Ebay, they said they have no policy of where it comes back from, that he could’ve been on vacation. Unless I had proof of third party shipment, the MBG still applies.

I picked up the watch and it was wrapped in saran wrap and the tag was tied on the strap, for you watch guys, you know that’s how you would present it for sale or sell it. So his reply of it was for him and not for his business sounded even more sketchy.

Message 5 of 78
latest reply

@ste_2639 wrote:

Is this where we come to vent? I'm so exhausted but was suggested to share my experience here

You are in the right place.  Please share your story.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 78
latest reply

I have started getting emails in my eBay mailbox announcing "sales" of free insertion fees on listings. 
Many thanks for whatever you did to make that start happening again!

Message 7 of 78
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Good afternoon eBay Support Team

Subject: New Sold Page format Critique

My vote is a resounding “No” for the new page layout.  Like many other new page roll outs eBay fails to understand the basic concept of efficient Workspace on a program page.  On more than one occasion I have suggested moving the space wasting NON business related items over to the gutters yet not a single one of those good suggestions has been implemented.  Others have made good suggestions too with the same lack of results.

Sellers go to the Sold page to process Sales and do work NOT look for eBay’s credit card banner ad and NOT to click on any of those light blue panels (I don’t even read them so I don’t even know what they are other than in my way) for whatever they are offering.  Those links are “one time” use selections so there is absolutely no reason to look at them every single time the page is opened. Sellers want to review their orders, print labels and move on.  They want to see as many Sold items on their screen as possible because they can juggle more than one ball at a time.  This new page is great for the Seller who makes one sale a week and when they click on the Sold page there, right in front of their eyes, is their Sold item.  I can’t even imagine what the large volume Sellers are saying about this.  Business is all about being efficient and every single space wasting page design on the site is not as efficient as the older pages.

These poor page designs are negatively affecting the Buying experience by making Sellers less efficient, not to mention frustrated with that additional time and scrolling required to complete simple tasks. 

Below, AGAIN, is a much much better version of the new page … notice how all the static, non-functional, superfluous items have been moved to the gutters and how MORE Sold items can be seen on the page?  These however still need to be compressed because the older page format shows 8-9 items NOT the four I show.   I don’t care if they want to change colors and things like that but to junk up a WORK SPACE on the page with NON work related items negatively effects efficiency.  Please give Sellers the option to select which page format they prefer.  I want to opt out of this one for sure or at least see GOOD suggestions pursued that let it display the same number of items per page the older page versions showed …

-Move the junk to the gutters

-Compress the height of each Sold item – the old page format I could see 9 items … this one less than half that.

-Get rid of the large “My eBay sold” and “Sold” text, Sellers KNOW it’s the Sold page and don’t need the redundant space wasting statement of the obvious

-Give Sellers the option to Opt out of this page design

Please take this constructive criticism and act on it …

Regards,

Mr. L

Sold PAge.jpg

Hi @mr_lincoln - thanks for getting us this feedback, we'll get it to the right team!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 78
latest reply

Are there hidden monthly sales limits?   If a seller has a $5k per month average volume in $50-$100 sales but one month they hit this average $5k in the first week due to some single $1000 sales.  Will this seller see a decreased in sales over the remainder of the month as they already hit their the monthly average?

Message 9 of 78
latest reply

@maxoptical wrote:

Are there hidden monthly sales limits?   If a seller has a $5k per month average volume in $50-$100 sales but one month they hit this average $5k in the first week due to some single $1000 sales.  Will this seller see a decreased in sales over the remainder of the month as they already hit their the monthly average?

Hi @maxoptical - no, there are not limits like you describe. 

We have stated sitewide limits that you can find in your account that limit the dollar amount/total number of items you can have listed and/or sold in a given calendar month. You can contact the limits team every 30 days to have your account evaluated for an increase there!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 78
latest reply

@ste_2639 wrote:

Received an item not as described. His comment was It wears bigger than the 38.5 mm measurement. Nice watch though.

I listed it as 38.6mm. I asked a follow up by what he meant and how it didn’t match description, he would not reply in the formal complaint case. 

I messaged him through the regular Ebay msg channel and he finally replied “It wears bigger than the 38.5 mm measurement. Nice watch though”

After digging around his profile, I found out he owns a watch company in Florida and had an exact watch with the exception of color of the face dial listed for sale. Spec on it was 38.6mm as well. 

I messaged him back about this and to see if he really wanted to proceed with the return, he replied “Yes.
the other moser just came in part of business after this one was purchased.
I don't wear watches from the business, especially new ones. Too big for me.”

So, after being forced to provide a shipping label back, I get notice it was being shipped back to me, but I noticed the origin scan was New Jersey. I shipped it to Florida. I called Ebay, they said they have no policy of where it comes back from, that he could’ve been on vacation. Unless I had proof of third party shipment, the MBG still applies.

I picked up the watch and it was wrapped in saran wrap and the tag was tied on the strap, for you watch guys, you know that’s how you would present it for sale or sell it. So his reply of it was for him and not for his business sounded even more sketchy.

Hi @ste_2639! I see that you've reached out to our Social Media team recently about this return. I encourage you to continue working with them to get further clarification about this return and answers to any questions you may have. 

Brian,
Community Team
Message 11 of 78
latest reply

Any update on a shipping discount?

Ebay has to be a huge account for the USPS and Fedex. I'd think something better than we are paying would be something ebay would have already had in place.

Message 12 of 78
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

@maxoptical wrote:

Hi @maxoptical - no, there are not limits like you describe. 

We have stated sitewide limits that you can find in your account that limit the dollar amount/total number of items you can have listed and/or sold in a given calendar month. You can contact the limits team every 30 days to have your account evaluated for an increase there!

Exactly where should I look to find out what my limits are?

Message 13 of 78
latest reply

I will be traveling for a few months, and will have no active listigs. Before I leave, I’d like to have a number of listings ready to go when I return. I don’t use any listing tools and prefer not to, as standard listing works well for me. I also have a few unsold items I’d liked to save for later.

Is it best to use draft?  How long will a draft remain accessible?

How long to unsold listings remain on eBay before being deleted?

Thank you.

Message 14 of 78
latest reply

Hi to everyone! Happy late president's day. 🙂 🇺🇸

https://bio.link/langs
Message 15 of 78
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: