cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, August 18 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 1 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Re: Community Chat, August 18 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

@casprrr wrote:

In last week's chat, I told travis@ebay that I was having issues with the counters for my promotional offers (basic store subscription, 250 auction style and 1000 fixed price) were not working. I did not report this to technical support as, after I told him about the issue, he said that he would pass it on himself. After another week, the problem has still not been fixed.  I have listed a number of items (including fixed price and auction listings in "collectables") yet the counter still shows that I have used none. Any chance of getting this resolved?

casprrr_0-1629317448095.png

@casprrr It looks like Tyler was asking for more info on your post from last week, you can find it here. Once we  have that info we can get your added to the ticket on our end. In addition, if you want to reach out to CS they can get you added to the ticket as well! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 16 of 75
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

Didn't get a chance last week to say: Welcome Velvet and Jasmen!  😍

I hope Tyler is treating you girls to lots of energy boosting snacks, like his Crumbl delights!

@stuff4divas - I'm trying to sway them to Crumbl, and I think I'm winning! velvet@ebay got it last week, and this week's buckeye brownie one is calling my name. How can you say no to peanut butter and chocolate?!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 17 of 75
latest reply

@stuff4divas wrote:

Do you know of any updates on how a seller can better present their case for chargebacks?

Other than just entering a tracking number, which is sufficient only for 'item not received' cases, but not for 'item not as described' cases?

Thanx!

@stuff4divas Hey there! Chargebacks are never easy, I had one the other day 😭 I learned that we can upload all the info onto a word document then upload that one document since it only allows one. I have passed along feedback to be able to add more, but for now that workaround helps! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 18 of 75
latest reply

When is ebay going to do something about the duplicate auctions, are they not smart enough to know if you flood the market the value decreases dramatically. Can't report them because sometime last year the auction's were change to list as many of the same item as you want. I'm seeing 3-10 listings of the same item, size, color and name listed at the same time. I've had to cut a 1/3 of my inventory because I can't sell the same items when their listing 3-10 auctions per week and the only sell for pennies. Ebay is losing a ton of money and honestly I don't even see out they could make any money selling the items at that price

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 19 of 75
latest reply

I recently received an Offer, and made a counter offer that expired.  If I then go to that active listing, and bring it up, I can see MANAGE OFFERS in the colored banner at the top.  When I click on that link, I can see previous expired offers, plus the recent one as well.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 20 of 75
latest reply

It amazes me each time a seasoned seller comes to the Payment forums to complain about the fee structure in MP.  It is as if they never looked at their fee structure before MP as there are many that complain about having to pay FVF on shipping, which has been in place for over 10 years now.  Or international fees on buyers from another country purchasing and then have the item shipped to a US address.  Apparently they didn't realize that PP charged the fee as well.  Or the per transaction fee, there are some that never realize they paid that in PP either [now it is 49 cents].

This issue I know you can't help with as it is just something that needs to be explained to each seller as they state this stuff.  

But here is one that you might be able to have the proper department help with.  In the Seller Hub, under the Performance Tab there is a Summary page.  There is a box on this page called Selling Costs.

Selling Costs Graphic.JPG

While if someone spends a moment with this screen it is clear what it is showing.  However that isn't what is happening with many sellers.  Seasoned Sellers that apparently have no idea of what their costs are on Ebay even after years of selling.  They look at this graphic and come away with that their FVFs with Ebay are 28%.

Now reading what this graphic says clearly tells you differently, but lots of people don't see the explanation of the graphic and assume the 28% is their FVF paid to Ebay, not seeing that part of that percentage is shipping charges ran through Ebay and taxes.

I would suggest one graphic for JUST Ebay fees, all of them, store, FVF, promo fees etc.  And separate graphics for other costs Ebay wants to show us.  Knowing that the only way Ebay has to track shipping costs would be for those that are paid through Ebay and the same holds true for taxes as a seller.  

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 21 of 75
latest reply

Thank you @Tyler

FireFox, Chrome and FireFox Ice Dragon (another FireFox browser)

It only happens in the FireFox Ice Dragon browser version 65.0.2 (64-bit) with user id discountdentalwarehouse.

It tells me I am up to date as I have it set for auto updates.

-----

Message 22 of 75
latest reply

Yes, it was tyler@ebay, my bad. His last response was this.

casprrr_0-1629318084999.png

ponse was this:

-----

Message 23 of 75
latest reply

I had this happen last year, be careful, even if it doesn't show a count, there's a hidden one. When they did fix it I was over my free monthly allotment, took a little work but they did comp me for the overage

Message 24 of 75
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

Good afternoon eBay Support Team

velvet@ebay, jasmen@ebay 

Subject: Another Seller Hub Issue -

Just reporting another Seller Hub deficiency, this time on the "Manage all orders" page, you can not DELETE any items off this list????  I have UPI Cancellations that I can NOT delete from this list.  Those items were Relisted therefore they do NOT belong on the "Manage all orders list", they are NO LONGER ORDERS.  Therefore, THIS LIST IS INACCURATE WITH IT'S SALES TOTALS!  There is NO place to Delete them ... this needs to be fixed ...

Screenshot (3014).png

Thank you,

Mr. L

@mr_lincoln Oh no! I'm sorry there's a new issue with the Hub. I'm trying to recreate what you've shown in the screen shot here and am unable to. Will you follow-up with the steps you're taking once you get into the Seller Hub, so I can attempt to recreate that on my end? It will help if we need to file a ticket. Thanks!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 25 of 75
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

It amazes me each time a seasoned seller comes to the Payment forums to complain about the fee structure in MP.  It is as if they never looked at their fee structure before MP as there are many that complain about having to pay FVF on shipping, which has been in place for over 10 years now.  Or international fees on buyers from another country purchasing and then have the item shipped to a US address.  Apparently they didn't realize that PP charged the fee as well.  Or the per transaction fee, there are some that never realize they paid that in PP either [now it is 49 cents].

This issue I know you can't help with as it is just something that needs to be explained to each seller as they state this stuff.  

But here is one that you might be able to have the proper department help with.  In the Seller Hub, under the Performance Tab there is a Summary page.  There is a box on this page called Selling Costs.

Selling Costs Graphic.JPG

While if someone spends a moment with this screen it is clear what it is showing.  However that isn't what is happening with many sellers.  Seasoned Sellers that apparently have no idea of what their costs are on Ebay even after years of selling.  They look at this graphic and come away with that their FVFs with Ebay are 28%.

Now reading what this graphic says clearly tells you differently, but lots of people don't see the explanation of the graphic and assume the 28% is their FVF paid to Ebay, not seeing that part of that percentage is shipping charges ran through Ebay and taxes.

I would suggest one graphic for JUST Ebay fees, all of them, store, FVF, promo fees etc.  And separate graphics for other costs Ebay wants to show us.  Knowing that the only way Ebay has to track shipping costs would be for those that are paid through Ebay and the same holds true for taxes as a seller.  

Thanks for the feedback @mam98031 you're always so insightful, and we appreciate you so much! 😊 I have talked to many sellers myself that assume that percentage is what they pay in FVF so I get it for sure. On the payments page when you pull up a transaction it will give a breakdown there too for that specific transaction, but I get what you are saying and it totally makes sense! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 26 of 75
latest reply

Also pass along how many complaints showing up on the boards, buyers waiting months to file "does not recognize" and sellers losing. Sounds like a another scam going around, I have one I'm waiting on that was file a couple weeks agao

Message 27 of 75
latest reply

@casprrr wrote:

Yes, it was tyler@ebay, my bad. His last response was this.

casprrr_0-1629318084999.png

ponse was this:

@casprrr sorry, thanks for that! Looks like he already got you added and we are still currently working on it. If there are any issues don't hesitate to reach out to CS so they can help ASAP. 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 28 of 75
latest reply

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

I use Edge and Opera. It happens on both. It happens with more than one ebay account so it's not account specific in my case. The browsers and operating system Win10 have the latest updates. I checked all of that.

@crazystuff4sale Thanks for verifying that with me. When using a Windows device, we typically encourage the use of Chrome or Firefox as they tend to work best with our site. You could try clearing the cache and cookies to see if that helps but if you've done this already and you're still experiencing that captcha issue, then we'd ask that you try using a different browser and hopefully that will clear things up. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 29 of 75
latest reply

Its a great break down and I use it for my guesstimation when I do my quarterly taxes but the numbers can and have change a month later.

Message 30 of 75
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: