cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, August 18 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Hi everyone! Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Velvet,
eBay
Message 1 of 75
latest reply
74 REPLIES 74

Is there some reason why declined/expired offers are no longer displayed on Review All Offers page?
It shows the declined/expired offers from last year but none of the many from recent months that should be there.
It has been going on for a while. I have even taken screen shots of the page when the offers are active. Then after they expire they just disappear instead of showing in the declined/expired section.
This is a problem because I have no way of checking to see if I have sent any offers on a particular item recently. I also have no way of knowing if they were declined or just expired.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 2 of 75
latest reply

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

Is there some reason why declined/expired offers are no longer displayed on Review All Offers page?
It shows the declined/expired offers from last year but none of the many from recent months that should be there.
It has been going on for a while. I have even taken screen shots of the page when the offers are active. Then after they expire they just disappear instead of showing in the declined/expired section.
This is a problem because I have no way of checking to see if I have sent any offers on a particular item recently. I also have no way of knowing if they were declined or just expired.

@crazystuff4sale Thanks for the insight and letting us know how useful it can be for you, that helps when we bring up these examples to the product team. To answer your question, there's not a specific reason, but I'm happy to pass along your feedback for sure! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 3 of 75
latest reply

Thank you!

Message 4 of 75
latest reply

I asked last week why I am getting the dreaded captcha every day when I log into one of my eBay accounts to prove I am human.

I was told it was probably a setting on my computer......It isn't a setting on my computer.

I have 3 browsers open at all times for each eBay account, but only one of them requires the captcha code every day for weeks now. On my office computer and when at home. Why?

-----

Message 5 of 75
latest reply

I can confirm this is a real issue because it's been happening to me too. I have investigated and tried to find a solution on my own with no luck.

-----

Message 6 of 75
latest reply

In last week's chat, I told travis@ebay that I was having issues with the counters for my promotional offers (basic store subscription, 250 auction style and 1000 fixed price) were not working. I did not report this to technical support as, after I told him about the issue, he said that he would pass it on himself. After another week, the problem has still not been fixed.  I have listed a number of items (including fixed price and auction listings in "collectables") yet the counter still shows that I have used none. Any chance of getting this resolved?

casprrr_0-1629317448095.png

-----

Message 7 of 75
latest reply

Didn't get a chance last week to say: Welcome Velvet and Jasmen!  😍

I hope Tyler is treating you girls to lots of energy boosting snacks, like his Crumbl delights!

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 8 of 75
latest reply

Good afternoon eBay Support Team

velvet@ebay, jasmen@ebay 

Subject: Another Seller Hub Issue -

Just reporting another Seller Hub deficiency, this time on the "Manage all orders" page, you can not DELETE any items off this list????  I have UPI Cancellations that I can NOT delete from this list.  Those items were Relisted therefore they do NOT belong on the "Manage all orders list", they are NO LONGER ORDERS.  Therefore, THIS LIST IS INACCURATE WITH IT'S SALES TOTALS!  There is NO place to Delete them ... this needs to be fixed ...

Screenshot (3014).png

Thank you,

Mr. L

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here.

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 9 of 75
latest reply

@dentalsales4u wrote:

I asked last week why I am getting the dreaded captcha every day when I log into one of my eBay accounts to prove I am human.

I was told it was probably a setting on my computer......It isn't a setting on my computer.

I have 3 browsers open at all times for each eBay account, but only one of them requires the captcha code every day for weeks now. On my office computer and when at home. Why?

Hi @dentalsales4u - I'm happy to report this for further review, but will need the following:

Which 3 browsers do you keep open?  If you have version number that would be helpful too.

Is it always the same account that sends you through the Captcha process or does it change?

If it is always the same account, can you please provide the user id? If you don't feel comfortable with sharing that here you can also contact CS and let them know. 

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 10 of 75
latest reply

@crazystuff4sale wrote:

I can confirm this is a real issue because it's been happening to me. I have investigated and tried to find a solution on my own with no luck.

@crazystuff4sale Sorry to here you're experiencing something similar. What browser are you using? 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 11 of 75
latest reply

Do you know of any updates on how a seller can better present their case for chargebacks?

Other than just entering a tracking number, which is sufficient only for 'item not received' cases, but not for 'item not as described' cases?

Thanx!

-----

Edit: a reply to  your question can be found here

Message 12 of 75
latest reply

On the "Share Tech Issues" board there is a post just a little while ago from a seller stating her managed payments funds are now on hold until buyers receive their items.  She was told by customer service that it is because her account has been designated as "casual", meaning over a rolling 2 year period she has to sell at least 25 items.  When asked where the documentation was on site, or the announcement that this was starting this month, the customer service rep could not point her to the information on site.  The only link provided was out of date, still referring to PayPal.   

I have no idea what this is.  If a seller is going to have a status change to their account, why can they not see that on their MP summary page?  Or somewhere at least?  And what is this "Casual Seller" status exactly,  how is it defined, how does it affect us, and where is the documentation on site announcing this?  Thanks.

-----

Message 13 of 75
latest reply

I use Edge and Opera. It happens on both. It happens with more than one ebay account so it's not account specific in my case. The browsers and operating system Win10 have the latest updates. I checked all of that.

-----

Message 14 of 75
latest reply

Did you try to clean out all the cookies? Mine was doing that on one account, I did that and closed everything down. It started working right after that.  Slow loading was the problem.

Message 15 of 75
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: