cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I reply back to my own sent messages?

I've tried contacting a seller about an item that I had recently purchased from them.  But they didn't respond. So I tried to reply back to my own sent message in hopes that they would respond back this time. But the problem was was that there was no REPLY button even to be found. So how could I reply back? 

Can you find the reply button on this page? Because I couldn't. 

rs12680_0-1684720177716.png

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why can't I reply back to my own sent messages?

You cannot 'reply' to a message you sent; on ANY format (email; AZ etc). you have to 'forward' a  message and then 'add to it' but it's BEST to just WRITE another message (although seller will probably not reply to you because they don't want to and didn't want to the 1st time). Ignore, ignore, ignore. That is where you are. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Try going to the user's feedback or profile page and composing a new message using the Contact link.

If prompted for an item number, choose "not about an item" rather than using an expired item number.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You cannot 'reply' to a message you sent; on ANY format (email; AZ etc). you have to 'forward' a  message and then 'add to it' but it's BEST to just WRITE another message (although seller will probably not reply to you because they don't want to and didn't want to the 1st time). Ignore, ignore, ignore. That is where you are. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

So then you have no other option but to start a new chain? I would like to keep the current one active if I could because it contains some relevant information just in case I am being scammed by the seller, which I am now suspecting.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

So then you have no other option but to start a new chain?

Starting a new message may work when there are problems with the old messages for one reason or another.

If the old messages are related to an item that is no longer listed (because the transaction ended more than ninety days ago or if it has been removed from the site by eBay) then the old messages cannot be replied to any longer.

Going to the seller's feedback page also allows you to see if the seller is still registered. If not, you will not be able to send a message, obviously.

Old eBay messages are deleted after about three months, so be sure to save copies to your email for a more permanent record.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Why do you believe you're being scammed by a seller? And, if you'd like to offer the details here, we may be able to find a solution for you that does  not involve sending messages.  

Message 6 of 6
latest reply