cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View counter still not working!!!!!

I use this feature to gauge my pricing, interest...

Message 1 of 125
latest reply
124 REPLIES 124

Re: View counter still not working!!!!!

Contacted helpline some days ago about this and was told “we are aware of the problem and are working to resolve”. Was told the same thing two years ago when I pointed out (several times) that the search engine was no longer working properly - excluding items, discriminating against some sellers, putting “highest price first” items in wrong order, and generally providing innacurate results which must impact on sales as well as purchase choice. Still nothing has altered since. Have been trading on ebay nearly twenty years - it used to be a great facility until “improvements” were made.  Do ebay take any notice of their customers? 

Message 31 of 125
latest reply

Yes, our listings are not showing any views either.  We have been noticing it going on and off (MOSTLY OFF) for a couple of weeks now.  We did have some "limited" success yesterday (6/29/2018) by refreshing the page over and over and about 2 or 3 times during the day, about half of our items would show views.  However no views indicated today at all.  As for using this feature for pricing:  We use this as well, but only as a secondary check to see if we priced our items correctly.  A better gauge is to look at what sold previously and compare your item to that condition-wise, etc.  Although I must admit, seeing the views is somewhat comforting knowing that people are actually looking at our items.  Anyway, back to work...  

Message 32 of 125
latest reply

A quick follow-up on this.... we just refreshed the page about 5 times and at least 40% of our listings were showing views on the last refresh.... 6/30/2018 11:51am EDT... if that helps anyone.
Message 33 of 125
latest reply

If the issues are not corrected by July 2nd I am pulling my listings and will no longer sell or purchase on this platform.

Message 34 of 125
latest reply

Ebay has stated that it has no impact on any other aspect of our ebay stores or listings.

However many people's sales are at a standstill ever since this happened for June. I do realize that summer does affect it but at the same time I see no reasoning for the standstill in sales. My items are showing up in the listings on the first page like usual but no views or watchers at all no matter how many new listings I make. 

I just never felt this way before and that tells me that something is very very suspect here. Then you have thousands of sellers saying the same thing at the same time about their sales. There is no way the entire population decided not to spend money on ebay especially when the largest population (teens, college students, and teachers) are off during the summer unless they all are at the beach 24/7. 

Message 35 of 125
latest reply

Same problem here, counters not working last week, then corrected for a while.  Started again this week.  Shows watchers, but not views. Quite frustrating. 

Message 36 of 125
latest reply

I’m feeling the same way you are. Whether or not to take my items to a different venue. Beyond frustrating.

Vic

Message 37 of 125
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I can get views to show, They are not counting new views. I tested this on another browser. ITS NOT COUNTING VIEWS.. I would say it is affecting sales.....

Message 38 of 125
latest reply

"I would say it is affecting sales....."

I concur, and add that since the start of the big seller defect fiasco my sales have again fallen off of a cliff.

PS- On a completely unrelated note, re "Precious metals such as gold, silver and platinum are also not magnetic," they actually are magnetic to the taxman, and to other "undesirables" of various classes.

Message 39 of 125
latest reply

I've had the same problem for the last week.  Sales have also dropped off which makes me wonder if there's a connection.  Very frustrating and hard to fathom how it could take so long to correct.  This is eroding confidence of sellers and it seems like it's also affecting buyers as they may not be able to easily find what they are looking for?  Come on, Ebay!

Message 40 of 125
latest reply

i so pleased this is not just me, i refused to believe that nobody had viwed my items, i wass beginning to get very 'price concious' this is such an important feature of the site. needs sorted ASAP. my turnover has plummeted 

Message 41 of 125
latest reply

This is also an issue with my listings. Please ad me to the affected users list.

Message 42 of 125
latest reply

Yes and still it do not work.
And they say they are working on it.  i do not think so...

Message 43 of 125
latest reply

Sales way down since this happened ,over 2 weeks now.....just a dash showing in the views section...so as a seller for over 8 years...i'll say it has definatley affected sales ..no matter what they say...FIX THE @^%$#& PROBLEM !

Message 44 of 125
latest reply

I am waiting to list my items until this is fixed, well this is bad for eBay.. they are loosing sellers

Message 45 of 125
latest reply