cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video getting rejected

I've already tried 4 times to get my video with sound approved and each time they reject it with NO explanation.  Pulling my hair out with this.

My video is 44 seconds long

7.81 MB

720 resolution

The frame size is 752x720.

Why is it getting rejected???

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Video getting rejected

If it's for the robot fan, your video is showing on the listing.

Your specs above are consistent with eBay's requirements:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/add-video-to-listing?id=5272

Hey kyle@ebay - would CS have visibility to why a seller's video was rejected? I don't want to direct this poster to CS if that would be a fruitless effort.

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Can't answer the why?  but we've encountered the problem and have found renaming the file before upload seems to enable it to upload............

@747skys 

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

To clarify @747skys :

Is your problem uploading the file?

Or is your problem rejection of the video after it goes through eBay's review process?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

It uploads fine and I get a check mark, but then in 24 hours I get a rejected notice.  

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

If it's for the robot fan, your video is showing on the listing.

Your specs above are consistent with eBay's requirements:

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/creating-managing-listings/add-video-to-listing?id=5272

Hey kyle@ebay - would CS have visibility to why a seller's video was rejected? I don't want to direct this poster to CS if that would be a fruitless effort.

https://www.ebay.com/help/contact_us?id=4002&st=10

Hey @wastingtime101 that's a great question.  The answer is not yet.  However, we are currently working on a fix where sellers will get an email as to why their video was rejected.

Kyle,
eBay
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Thanks a lot kyle@ebay . That will be a welcome change.

Any suggestions for @747skys in the meantime other than making sure their video content is in English and complies with eBay policies?

GLORIOUS!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Thanks a lot kyle@ebay . That will be a welcome change.

Any suggestions for @747skys in the meantime other than making sure their video content is in English and complies with eBay policies?

A very welcome change, indeed!

@747skys I grabbed as much as I could share about videos being rejected.  I'd recommend going through this list carefully to see what might have caused the issue with your video being approved.

Types of rejections:

• The video is too large:
    • The maximum supported video size is 150 MB
    • The maximum upload resolution is 1080p
    • Supported output resolutions are 240p, 360p, 480p, and 720p
    • Supported formats are mp4, mov, h264
    • Length of video: One minute or less is preferred, videos over 3 minutes will be rejected
  • YouTube video links are not supported
  • The video contains content that violates our listings policies
  • Exceeding maximum length – We recommend videos shorter than 1 minute. Videos over 3 minutes long are not allowed
  • Directing buyers off eBay – Videos including any web links, URLs, or calls to action that ask viewers to take actions on other sites (e.g. “Go to xyz.com to learn more.”) are not allowed.
  • Poor quality – A video that is blurry, fuzzy, undefined, or distorted is considered poor quality and not allowed. See Video format requirements above
  • Illegal content – eBay never allows listings that include illegal content.
  • Offensive content – Listings that promote or glorify hatred, violence, or discrimination aren't allowed.
  • Nudity & sexual content – Sexually oriented materials, including items containing nudity and displays of sexual activities, are generally not allowed.
  • Infringing content – Video or audio content that is used without permission from the respective rights owner is not allowed.
Kyle,
eBay
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Here is the video in question:

https://youtu.be/B0q-1Q-DSck

For the purposes of this forum, the above link shows the video, but I uploaded it directly to Ebay and didn't use any link to YouTube.  I even cropped this video to a more square format to save MB.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

The only things I can spot as potential issues:

>>Poor quality – A video that is blurry, fuzzy, undefined, or distorted is considered poor quality and not allowed. See Video format requirements above

- There's a moment when the sound is distorted, but I suspect that's the player piano getting hung up for a second, not the video quality

- The video is a little shaky in spots, maybe eBay considers that distorted?

>>Infringing content – Video or audio content that is used without permission from the respective rights owner is not allowed.

- The music - did you verify the song is in the public domain?

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

I am having the same problem for no apparent reason.  But I dont find out about it until I go to an affected listing and "sell similar".  Then I get a notice.  This is maddening for many reasons.  Videos that I took time to make, save and post are disappearing after loading fine and the listing being published with  the video.  For no reason.  And I dont get notified about it.   Videos do help make sales so this is costing ebay and me money.  not awesome.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply