cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label.

Getting this error on all my orders this morning - something on my end only or is it widespread?

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Hi,   I am having the same problem.

Message 2 of 46
latest reply

Is this fixed? I get it when trying to print a ups label. I just printed one a. Few weeks back np. And i print usps all the time.

Message 3 of 46
latest reply

I am having same issue  get this error message

Message 4 of 46
latest reply

Today (11/19/20) I am getting the same message: "Something went wrong and we were not able to generate the label." 

Message 5 of 46
latest reply

I'm getting the same error and have never successfully shipped from the new account I created in September. eBay has been aware of this for a while so I'm hoping a fix is forthcoming.

Message 6 of 46
latest reply

I'm getting the message today while trying to ship via FedEx Home. I'm not having issues with address labels for USPS. 

I've tried multiple browsers. Account is all good. I ship a lot and only started having this problem today. 

Message 7 of 46
latest reply

I am having this problem right now. Unable to print a Fedex Label for a heavy item.

Buyer initially made a mistake and used a PO Box, which Fedex doesn't ship to. I manually input the address but unable to print a label for it.

Message 8 of 46
latest reply

Im in the same exact boat - had to update the address for a Fedex label for a large, heavy item and it will not let me print a label.  I need this package to go out today and need the discount on the ebay label! Please update if you were able to print your label!

Message 9 of 46
latest reply

Also am having the same issue with FedEx after trying to change the customer's address, but it worked fine with my other orders that I didn't have to edit. Very unfortunate considering the discount that FedEx provides eBay is much more than USPS/UPS at the moment.

Message 10 of 46
latest reply

Its prob not. They have known about this from me since mid November 2020 and since then it has worked ONE TIME then never again. 

I call them every few days, and they tell me to use PayPal, they are working on it, they have placed me on a list of those affected....its all **bleep**. They don't care at all about fixing any problems, as long as the fixes help sellers. 

Good luck. Mine was still having the same exact issue today. 1/13/21.

Message 11 of 46
latest reply

01/26/2021   is anybody having the same issue ??

trying to print USPS label 

Message 12 of 46
latest reply

Check to make sure your dimensions are not outside the allowable sizes; either too large or too small.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Shipping-Returns/Error-Generating-Shipping-Label-Because-of-Irregular-...

Some addresses need to be in a particular format -- Puerto Rico, Hong Kong -- the wrong format will generate an error.

Message 13 of 46
latest reply

Same here having issues generating labels. 

Message 14 of 46
latest reply

Same error here...

Message 15 of 46
latest reply