cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics

This thread is dedicated to reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics. Please share details including screenshots, steps to recreate, etc. This thread is not meant to be a place for in-depth discussion of the situation, but to be a  place for you to provide us detail into what you're seeing so we can pass this on to the appropriate teams.

Please know that off-topic discussions in this thread will be moved to their own threads. 

For the most recent updates on this issue please review the Announcements Board.

Message 1 of 389
latest reply
388 REPLIES 388

Re: Reporting issues related to the ongoing technical issue with Item Specifics

I don’t know where to begin. 706 sku’s and no sales in 5 days since 10/16.  2 came in early on the 10/22 (whoopie!)  Thought issues were being corrected. Now going on 2 days with nothing but crickets. Waited per eBay instructions to have the missing fields repopulated and other issues corrected.  Yes, seem like 99% the sizes are back, but digging deeper, I find that any brands that had the word ‘And’ in it, was parsed and now the brand is ‘And’… WTH.  In Women’s tops there are 2.6 million listing unbranded.  I do a search of the brand ‘Buttoned-Down’ and when I try to filter the brand names, they are not in alphabetical order.

And these are just the tip of the iceberg of issues that have gone unanswered or brushed aside.

It has taken years to get to this sustainable level and now it seems eBay **bleep** my data away. Complete incompetence. What am I paying for?   I have tens of thousands of dollars in inventory that can’t sit idle.  Rather than helping eBay finding issues, we’re spending our time listing to another sales channel where we feel we will be better treated.

Message 31 of 389
latest reply

Agree with you all here!  Sales have TANKED since this mandatory Item Specifics fiasco.  We also offer sports memorabilia, and every single "required" specific is REDUNDANT to the Title Line of our item.  Ebay needs to rescind this feature asap!  

In the October 21st update, it is stated:  

Important reminders for sellers:

• Your listing will not be blocked from being relisted or revised because a required item specific is blank. If you already entered a value in one of the old size fields (e.g., Shoe Size), the information is still there as an Additional or custom item specific. You can revise your listing without adding the corresponding Required item specific, but we strongly recommend you also fill it in. Behind the scenes, we are mapping the values entered into the Additional item specifics fields (e.g., Shoe Size) into the Required ones (e.g., Size) to help you.

I interpreted that to mean that my 21,000+ listings that were created prior to 10/15 would be "grandfathered", and the item specifics would not be required when relisting or revising.  However, in my attempt to change store categories for some older listings, I am not able to make any changes unless I enter the required item specifics.  And, as mentioned before, it is impossible to make these changes in bulk.  The system is requiring the items to be updated one by one.  

The massive amount of hours spent to create these listings, plus the massive amount of hours it *would* take to update those 21,000+ listings...  ridiculous to even consider.  C'mon, eBay.  FIX THIS NOW.

Message 32 of 389
latest reply

Buyers aren't able to respond to offer to watchers, Seller Hub still not updating, GTC rolled over items still dropping item specifics. At this rate I'll be paying a ton to list new items because the rollover of dead items has put me past my store limit for fixed listings. We should get sub fee credits or at least a bump to the next level store during Q4 to offset this glitchgate

Message 33 of 389
latest reply

thanks you ❤️

Message 34 of 389
latest reply

Shoes are still not showing their size qualifier - US, EUR, UK.  So even though we can enter a size, we can't choose which size chart it belongs to.

Message 35 of 389
latest reply

Item Specifics - SIZE - When listing in clothing we’re unable to list variable sizes within the same listing, option not available in new drop down. When size is attempted to be added in the blank field, “Add your own attribute”, a red error comes up “This attribute isn’t valid for this variation. Add a valid attribute” although right below it states, “For example Size, Color or Material” – Our question and concerns are, how do we list size variables within one listing for the same tops, pants, etc? Before the new seller update this was never an issue. This is a game changer if we can no longer list multiple sizes of the same item in one listing. Answers anyone? Thank you!

Message 36 of 389
latest reply

thanks all for your responses. i was having similar questions and your answers were helpful to me.
Message 37 of 389
latest reply

To Ebay Technical team?
We have noticed that our recently sales volume has been slowing down. We normally do not make any sales between time frame from Sunday all the way through Tuesday afternoon. Not sure why? Is this issue has been impacted from Ebay updated progress. Please advise.

Thanks,
Yvonne
Message 38 of 389
latest reply

I'm updating an existing men's t-shirt listing. "Built-in Bra," "backless," and "breathable" now show up as Feature options in the Additional section. Your database pointers are totally screwed up. image.png

Message 39 of 389
latest reply

Im showing no daily sales on my overview page for weeks now dispite daily sales happening hope your working on that? Thanks!
Message 40 of 389
latest reply

I sell antiques and collectibles too...having your listed issues as stated above. In addition, I am loosing my previously editions of photos...such as cropping & rotating. It is like the photos are being reset and if I don´t catch it, than my photos appear non-professional. And with customers viewing mostly in mobile views, I really try to zoom in so they can see the product better. I don´t want to have to go back through and re-edit all 450 of my listings.
Message 41 of 389
latest reply

the specifics have been changed around a lot. by the time you learn how to do something, off they go and rearrange the deckchairs

used to have length on skirts and exact length on dresses, not now

design features has disappeared also from dresses and what they did was put some in “theme” 

they’ve also split various features into features and accents

as you said, inconsistencies and just wrong

on the bright side

i’ve  noticed they’ve changed that long ridiculous list of sizes to one that looks normal now, that’s good

and they’ve finally added collar as a neckline option for ladies shirts lol

id also like to see all seasons return for season options, and any occasion for occasion

also why do we not have a populate option for everything....the specifics are not too thorough in many areas

an easy way to solve a lot of problems here is to add enter your own item specific option

Message 42 of 389
latest reply

WHY ?? WHY DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS  AT THE END OF OCTOBER ??

WE SHOULD BE LISTING NEW ITEMS, GETING READY FOR 4TH QUATER.

Instead, sales are down, platform is a mess, we are going crazy fixing old listings...

what are the benefits of these changes?? because I see NON.

The problem is going on for 1 week straight,

I hope you offer customer a 15% discount for 1 week straight to get sales back to normal and compensate the mess.

Message 43 of 389
latest reply

I sell men's shirts in multiple sizes. I revised everything. Sales have taken a complete nose dive since Sunday, a week ago.  I'm about to have meltdown!!! Help!!!

Message 44 of 389
latest reply

Seller Hub and Item Specifics
Message 45 of 389
latest reply