cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

I've had 5 Sales going on for quite awhile, all ending on same date/time, and I always follow the same procedure when they end: I 'Copy' each ended sale so I don't have to select the items again, set the start/end times and Launch.

Did that this morn with all 5 as per usual, but when they became Active, each showed Zero for the # of Items in the sale. I clicked on the Zero and below is an example of what I saw:

Untitled.jpg

These "Skipped" Items were selected to be in the sale! All 5 Sales are showing ALL my selections as "Skipped!" This has never happened before and I've been launching these sales for at least 6 months. Further, there's no way that I know of to delete these faulty sales. Perhaps @Anonymous can shed some light on this new problem/error.

Message 1 of 271
latest reply
270 REPLIES 270

Re: PROMOTIONS MANAGER: Sale + Markdown Event NOT Working! Shows ZERO Items!

This is an absolutely horrible change that is going to severely reduce the sales of many sellers. Did anyone there at EBAY actually ever sell anything online themselves, because **bleep** like this is the exact opposite of the changes that you guys should be making to succeed and compete with the likes of Amazon?
Message 76 of 271
latest reply

The thing is though, that the vast majority of sellers were NOT abusing the promotions. I sell one-of-a-kind items, so discounting is a huge part of my pricing strategy. There is no true competetive price, because there are no comparable items.

Message 77 of 271
latest reply

I put my whole store on sale, and none of the items are on sale and I can't end the thing either since all the items are skipped and there is nothing to end. Most of the listings are months old not newer than 14 days and they are not on sale either. I thought maybe ending it and starting a new one that has ONLY the older listings might work but I can't end it..

Also no views displayed for a week or so, Pictures went missing from a couple active listings I had, Sales have been super weird going really well for a day or two and then just flat lining for a day or two like a switch is being thrown off and on. No messages or questions from new buyers, no sales, NOTHING.

eBay you need to tell us more so we aren't running our minds about it and can focus on doing our part and knowing things will make sense over time. There is obviously more going on then I understand. And it's not just a couple glitches or buttons we need to learn how to push differently.

Message 78 of 271
latest reply

This is knocking my sales out , and I won't be able to sell until I can use the markdown manager to create promotions.... This is asinine that eBay insists on mucking up things for no reason whatsoever , why don't they actually fix real problems IE: View counter that never works.....
Message 79 of 271
latest reply

the shooting stars (that are exempt from this carp) have their 'sales' going.  i have a few of them on my watch list.   just think how warm and fuzzy they feel about ebay ridding them of the competition of all us cash cows small annoying sellers for the 4th of july.

snow dogs that have owned me

SheRa ‘Barbarian Queen’ Sept 16, 1995 - Nov 17, 2006
Thor ‘God of Thunder’ Nov 17, 2006 – Nov 26, 2007
Mishka ‘Little Bear’ March 26, 2007 – Oct 22, 2016
Conan ‘Wolf’ Nov 14, 2007
Message 80 of 271
latest reply

Same hear.
Message 81 of 271
latest reply

I am so frustrated with this terrible change. Just got off the phone with ebay and they said even when an item is relisted it is considered new and will have to wait for 14 days to put a sale on. I make most of my money from sale items so now waiting for 14 days will delay most of my income. I don't understand why this seemed like a great idea to control my store. 

Message 82 of 271
latest reply

@bauble-babes wrote:

@Anonymous

"Hi @bauble-babes, I believe that the issue you are running into is related to the length of time your items have been listed. We have recently made a change that requires the items be listed for 14 days at the same price before a seller can use Markdown Manager to reduce the price. "

Thanks Trinton for responding. Let me see if I'm clear on this...If my sale ends, then I cannot re-start that same sale until 14 days have passed. Is that accurate?

Hi @bauble-babes - I wanted to update everyone as we've gotten more information on this:

In order to have items discounted, your items must have been listed for 14 calendar days at the same price.  In addition, the item must have not been included in another Sale event or markdown promotion within the past 14 days.

We are working with the right teams to get this information added to the Promotions Manager help page. The Markdown tool does check listing eligibility regularly, and items will be included in the event as they qualify. 

You can also consider other options like the Order Discount promotion, which does not have this restriction. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 83 of 271
latest reply

The problem with order discount promotion is it does not show red strike thru pricing & isn't as visible, which is why everyone likes the sales event/markdown better. If it was as visible to the buyer, everyone would be using this feature.
Message 84 of 271
latest reply

We have had the same issues since ebay introduced this new module. We complained several times and no reponse!

now all our promotions are nuked and our sales have been down for several days now

Does ebay care about us, sellers at all???

Message 85 of 271
latest reply

Quoted Text:

Hi @bauble-babes - I wanted to update everyone as we've gotten more information on this:

In order to have items discounted, your items must have been listed for 14 calendar days at the same price.  In addition, the item must have not been included in another Sale event or markdown promotion within the past 14 days.

We are working with the right teams to get this information added to the Promotions Manager help page. The Markdown tool does check listing eligibility regularly, and items will be included in the event as they qualify. 

You can also consider other options like the Order Discount promotion, which does not have this restriction. 

Hey eBay!
****  NOT cool.  There is no rational reason why listings that have been on eBay for months / years should be tagged as "new" when that 30 day relist point occurs.  ****  This decision is impairing MANY sellers, and is ultimately causing customers to not purchase.  All revenue is affected by this stupid change.  
Message 86 of 271
latest reply

Yes, my sales are way down too.  I was running 20 to 40 percent off and now nothing.  The other promotion tool does NOT help sales.  Only thing I can do is send a bunch of my best items to auction with a buy it now at my old sale price,  which cost me money.  This is way despite best intentions, you get nickled and dimed to death on Ebay and can never get ahead.   It would have been NICE to have a warning about previous sales, then I could have extended my old sale, now have to wait 14 days and try do everything I can to keep sales up, thanks again Ebay!

Message 87 of 271
latest reply

call and complain, maybe they will change their policy back. 

Message 88 of 271
latest reply

That is what stores do. Don't purchase when not on sale.....
Message 89 of 271
latest reply

tyler@ebay

Tyler,

Thank you so much for clarifying. Most of us have been to the Help page where the wording is vague so glad to hear you'll be adding the proper language there.

1) Do you have any insight as to why this policy has been implemented?

2) Is there a snowball's chance in hades that this decision might be reversed?

We sellers are hurting here. Our incomes are spiraling downwards, our stress levels are rocketing, our families are affected. Rolling with the punches has left us dazed, bruised, and battered. Our once lovely eBay world, that we helped to build, has been taken over by aliens who wish to annihilate us, or so it seems. We are fast losing hope and contemplating evacuation to another world, so if you have any pull with the powers that be, we implore you to help us.

Message 90 of 271
latest reply