cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New app update glitch? No “back” button.

When I search for products to on eBay in the app (just updated to new version today), and then click into a listing to read the description/ see pics there is no “back” option. Maybe I’m just missing it, but I can’t figure out any way to get back to my original search results, and it takes me back to eBay’s general category page or just the home page. Am I missing something? Thanks 

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The "back" icon button, along with "home" and "recent" icon buttons are typically implemented by your operating system rather than within the eBay app itself -- though there are certainly things that can cause the buttons to be hidden from view.

In some cases the buttons can be restored by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.

When eBay first implemented the optional "dark" theme there were issues that caused the icons to blend in with the background; if that is the case for you, the icons may still be usable even if you cannot really see them. There may also be an accessibility option that provides better visibility for some text and icons by providing a contrasting outline, depending on your operating system.

Otherwise, make sure you have the latest version of the eBay app for your operating system.

Try uninstalling the app, restarting your device and then installing the latest version.

For more detailed answers about app issues, try posting on one of the app boards, where there are eBay folks who read and respond to app issues directly:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-App-Android/bd-p/androidapp

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-App-iOS/bd-p/iosapp

Be sure to mention which version of the app you are using as well as the model of your device and operating system version.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

They removed it.

A better solution to this is to right click on listing, then open it in a new tab. That way your search results will be left intact and you don't have to do it all over.

Edit: Just realized you said App. There should be a similar tab function on the App though.

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

My phone's back button takes me back to the search list with newest version  6.18.0.7. Try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

The "back" icon button, along with "home" and "recent" icon buttons are typically implemented by your operating system rather than within the eBay app itself -- though there are certainly things that can cause the buttons to be hidden from view.

In some cases the buttons can be restored by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.

When eBay first implemented the optional "dark" theme there were issues that caused the icons to blend in with the background; if that is the case for you, the icons may still be usable even if you cannot really see them. There may also be an accessibility option that provides better visibility for some text and icons by providing a contrasting outline, depending on your operating system.

Otherwise, make sure you have the latest version of the eBay app for your operating system.

Try uninstalling the app, restarting your device and then installing the latest version.

For more detailed answers about app issues, try posting on one of the app boards, where there are eBay folks who read and respond to app issues directly:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-App-Android/bd-p/androidapp

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Mobile-App-iOS/bd-p/iosapp

Be sure to mention which version of the app you are using as well as the model of your device and operating system version.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

Thanks! It should have occurred to me to do something so simple, but I just assumed my phone updated auto to the new version. Anyway, re-install got me back to business. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

You are very welcome -- glad to hear that worked for you.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Apple phones don’t have a back button. There is an Amazon mole to destroy eBay obviously! Going to Amazon to search!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

I updated ebay on my iPhone and had same issue, no back button or any other tabs, the whole app

looked very different. Thanks to your post, i deleted and reinstalled the app and now its back to normal screen. 

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Hi don’t think your the only one it’s driving me crazy I have no way of going back with iPhone 11 have to go back to eBay home and start over each time..I want the old way back

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I deleted the eBay app..shut down phone..restarted and re loaded newest app..works great now

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Hi I am using a Samsung Galaxy S6 Lite. This is how I fixed my issue that I was also having with no back buttons showing.  I went to settings, display, I turned off dark mode that I had turned on, then, I scrolled down to navigation and you will see navigation bar at the top, I changed it to buttons from being set to swipe gestures. This fixed it all, hope that helps some!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply