cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile app not saving details

So you know all those individual item specifics that Ebay says we have to fill out in order to get our items seen? You know, the ridiculous details such as character, fabric type, material, etc? Well they aren't saving. I go into a draft, click all the pertinent info, go out to list item and the little gauge that says how much you filled out is barely full. I go back in to see why, all the details that I just spent time filling out are now blank. Anyone else see this? 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Mobile app not saving details

Wow. They are doing a bang up job over there in Ebay land. I was just listing a Fanny pack made by dickies and what a nightmare. It falls into purses or Hiking backpacks and the amount of category details is ridiculous. So I get done with all 40 questions only to have it clear on me. Ugh. They don't make it very user friendly. Then add mysterious bugs that "don't exist" and I had to put my phone down and walk away. 

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Same. Choosing size type, size, color and the size type is back to blank.  Also is resetting the describtions.

An ebay rep told me these exact words " i can assure you you have no bug on your end and can list items just fine" before i requested supervisor who said " you are the 2nd person in a row to report this, we're aware of the issue"

What a horrible rep that was, goes by the name Jamaica..rude and arrogant just to be wrong.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

Wow. They are doing a bang up job over there in Ebay land. I was just listing a Fanny pack made by dickies and what a nightmare. It falls into purses or Hiking backpacks and the amount of category details is ridiculous. So I get done with all 40 questions only to have it clear on me. Ugh. They don't make it very user friendly. Then add mysterious bugs that "don't exist" and I had to put my phone down and walk away. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Its been over a week and the mobile app is still messing up. Not holding the specifics when chosen. I contacted customer service knowing that couldnt help but maybe, just maybe the info will get to the developers or engineers in order to fix it. 

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Just wanted to chime in that I am also experiencing this issue.

Item specifics won't save, even just putting the condition good, very good, etc won't save.

It seems if I repeatedly put it in, it will eventually save - but what a hassle for something that should just work... Not to mention if I change anything else in the item specifics it tends to completely clear the other fields I entered.

Bumping the thread to hopefully get eyes on it and actually get it fixed soon..

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

Same. Why hasn't this shown up in ongoing issues? Good luck if it doesn't save and you don't notice. Enjoy that INAD. Ugh, feeling very frustrated with eBay today and honestly I still like the platform and the app. If I was in charge, I would redo the app from scratch rather than adding patches over patches over patches. Companies do it all the time. 

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

Just to add to the collection, I add 95% of my items on the app. I noticed it within the last couple of weeks that the details are not saving and you have to do it all over again and sometimes multiple times before it saves. Hopefully this gets resolved soon. 

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Also commenting to hopefully bump this up. It is infuriating to have to input the same details over and over and over again. And then you are potentially posting something with incorrect details if you've used a precious listing. Hopefully ebay can fix this soon! 

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Yes same happening to me. It's driving me mad and wasting so much time. Also, I can't see feedback on phone app either. 

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

I wish this thread was not marked as resolved (by indicating best answer). This is still happening as of 6/13/23. They managed to fix other issues with feedback and not being able to easily access the item listing page of items you bought. Which, you know, yay. Hopefully this one is next.

I have found what seems to be a workaround. Each time you change a detail, hit the back arrow to save it, then continue to add or change details one at a time, saving between every change. 

A pain, but it has worked for me. 

I said this before but this is an INAD waiting to happen. 

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I am having the same flipping problem and it's going on months now despite calls and emails to ebay. I am so sick of copying and pasting and having to retry numerous times for one listing. I go through great lengths to add details and.nothing is worse than when I forget to copy to wxperience this absurd issue. I feel like it has something to do with them changing the International shipping policies on their own.

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

Still having this issue in February of 2024. After changing details one at a time, saving and going back for each one, it randomly undoes previous changes that were saved! Ridiculous! 

Message 12 of 12
latest reply