cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help us find the bug: Tracking info not updating

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone - 

We're looking for some more help with something that was reported on the weekly chat. It was reported that folks are not seeing tracking information update in My eBay (order details and purchase history), even if it's updating on the shipping company's website without a problem. 

In order to get more action on this I need example tracking numbers or screenshots that you're seeing things not update (all our testing accounts, and my personal account, are updating like we'd expect to see). 

Any help you can provide would be great!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Help us find the bug: Tracking info not updating

tyler@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Tagging @stuff4divas specifically because they brought it to our attention so I suspect they have some examples. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

This is one of my shipped items that just gives a generic response. None of my shipped items show detail.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Thank you for this @tree6!  

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about- but there's an intermittent issue that's been going on for years where a buyer purchases 2 items that are shipped together- and the tracking status on the orders page in seller hub is stuck on 'shipped' even though the pop out with details confirms delivery.

If that's what you mean then I can provide several examples from the last few weeks.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yes, I can confirm that we have one combined shipment without delivery day even if it was delivered.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

A buyer made a purchase from me on eBay, but the item was out of stock. I tried to refund him and cancel the order. The problem is, the payment was held by ebay automatically from the start but they wanted me to refund out of my own pocket instead of the money they are holding. I attempted to do that, but the system presented an error message that prevented me from doing so. I had to get in touch with customer service to figure out what to do and finally got the refund generated. In the meantime the buyer left a negative claiming fraud, but I never had his money, eBay did. Now the company is refusing to remove the negative. I contacted customer support chat and they refused to change the feedback even though it is not accurate. I sent an email to customer support and got this aburd auto message: 

"We know you need to get your question answered quickly. Following guidance from local health authorities, we’re currently operating with limited support staff. As a result, we’re experiencing longer than usual wait times. We apologize for this delay.

We will answer as soon as we can and ask that you don’t send more than one message about the same issue as it can slow things down.

We appreciate your patience while we get you the answers you need."

Bull! There is no place in the U.S. that is experiencing government mandated lockdowns right now. 

I want the feedback removed or I will pursue legal action for slander! This is my first selling experience on this site, and from what I can tell, this company is fundamentally untrustworthy. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

This is what I see. It used to have all the information below, now all I see are check marks......

cowsfordays_0-1635483910810.jpeg

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I don't understand why when tracking the service - eBay International Standard Delivery - why the service always receives so few updates when tracking on eBay, but if you track the service here at this web site few people know about

https://parcelsapp.com/en

You will see that eBay International Standard Delivery provides far frequent and better updates here.

Considering this is eBay's shipping service, we should receive these same valuable tracking updates on the actual eBay website.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply