cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Free-insertions counter malfunctioning. Last day of the month!

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

I cannot access my remaining free listing for the month of Feb. I listed several and was charged an insertion fee

EBAY........waz up?
Message 3 of 17
latest reply

@railnmorewrote: ... EBAY........waz up?

My own personal suspicion is that the kids in the Computer Sciences class at San Jose Junior High are having their midterm exam.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

It isn't only insertion fees. The system is trying to charge me the 30 cent insertion fee to REVISE a listing as well. Definitely, a serious bug here. It started about 5 hours ago, while I was listing.
Message 5 of 17
latest reply

me too.
Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Why do ebay glitches cost seller money? Why can’t it give us 30 cents instead of charging 30 cents.  I don’t even feel like listing stuff and then I spend time making phone calls to be reimbursed.  Ebay should at least credit every seller 50 free auctions . I’m furious with this company.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

They wanted to get everyones minds off the new seller updates. laughing

Have a great day
Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I just spent a half hour on the phone with them to find out why I had 3 'active' stores, and she said my acc't was hacked. After all the time of trying to figure it out......... she ended up telling me that ebay must have just GIVEN ME the stores but doesn't charge for stores anymore, but if you list a lot or sell a lot they automatically GIVE YOU A FREE STORE.

I told her I DO NOT WANT A STORE, free or not, and that can't be the case with me because I do not sell a lot and I never heard of this, etc etc and that I was going to close my acc't because I don't want a store forced on me. Now I realize how ridiculous the whole conversation was because she didn't know there was a glitch, even though I ASKED her if there was a glitch because even after she said she closed my store they still showed up and I was still charged .30 per listing. I told her I was going to hang up and check the forums, which I guess I should have done in the first place.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Since a lot of sellers are having problems using their free listings, and I'm having the same issue, I tried to look for a message board (or something similar) where an ebay Representative would put up a notice and possible status updates about what's going on.    My systems status page is all green -- "all services in good health". 

Well, that's certainly not the case!  A lot of us are having problems.  Is there a board or page or place that lists or explains problems affecting a large group of users?  If so, where is it?  If not, can an ebay Rep start a makeshift one or start posting something on these threads? 

Call wait time is up to 64 minutes and the "have ebay call you" service isn't even taking phone numbers right now.  Communication about how to handle the unexpected charges, expected time to fix, etc.  via these threads and/or a central update page may help to reduce the influx of calls.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Whoever pushed the wrong button should be able to unpush it, but apparently can't.   I was careful with my allotment on both accounts and now it appears I am going to just loose my  ability to use those saved and rationed listings.     

I agree, a universal credit of additional listings is in order.   

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

Don't worry about getting a phone call, read about my wasted half hour phone call in my post here.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

@playful_palette

Looks like a lot of people are having problems tonight.

Have a great day
Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@playful_palettewrote:

I just spent a half hour on the phone with them to find out why I had 3 'active' stores, and she said my acc't was hacked. After all the time of trying to figure it out......... she ended up telling me that ebay must have just GIVEN ME the stores but doesn't charge for stores anymore, but if you list a lot or sell a lot they automatically GIVE YOU A FREE STORE.....

In our dreams!  How do they come up with this stuff?

It's obviously a glitch, because it's impossible for one account to simultaneously have subscriptions to more than one level of store subscription.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

This right after spring seller update, another big ebay glitch and with so many changes coming how confident does this make ebay users?

"If you found my reply useful, please give it a Helpful.

If my response assisted in resolving your question, please click Accept as Solution."

nana-nana-boo-boo
Message 15 of 17
latest reply