cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIrst Class shipping only allowing 15 oz and less

USPS First Class is 0 to 16oz and now it is giving me a listing error that it has to be 0 to  15oz. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: FIrst Class shipping only allowing 15 oz and less

No, first class is 15.999. 

16 ounces=1 pound and no longer first class.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I realize that but since I can't put 15.999 then this isn't helpful. Also, I've always been allowed to put 16 oz since it was change from the 13 oz several years ago.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@dauniquesllc 

do it as 15 when creating the listing.

When you print the label online you can enter 16.

Just now checked. It will display 1st Class shipping.

It will print 15.99

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Yeah, I have to. It is just frustrating nothing has changed but when I am relisting items, suddenly 16 oz is not good and I have to change it. 

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

@dauniquesllc wrote:

Yeah, I have to. It is just frustrating nothing has changed but when I am relisting items, suddenly 16 oz is not good and I have to change it. 

Something "has" changed 😁

Could be eBay IT coding.

At least we are able to work around it. One + on our side.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

The post office changed first class rules and rates in January.

This is a new & frustrating bug.  It has nothing to do with FC rules changing.  This worked up til a few days ago.   It should be up to 15.999, like the Ebay Shipping Labels screen (which also had this bug when it first got changed a year or so ago).  Someone at Ebay does not understand how FC shipping from 13-16oz works.  There are always bugs when they change something with this.  SO FRUSTRATING.   I started a thread too, hadn't seen this one.   The more Ebay hears about it, hopefully they'll fix it!   Relists are not working.  

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Suddenly-when-listing-16oz-is-not-valid-for-FC/m-p/31...

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

If you are modifying your listing, you get a error message because of it also.  

The listing should be coded with the same requirements as for the shipping label, which allows first class up to 1 lb (15.99 as simply-the-best says).  If you can enter the correct weight when you list the item, you don’t have to make a change before printing a label.  

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Agreed. Yes, there is a work-around, but we shouldn't have to touch every listing manually where this is an issue...

I think they have bigger problems though... We haven't had any eBay sales in 15 hours!! We average a sale every 30 minutes, normally. I checked recent history and the longest we've went without a sale was @6 hours. And that was during the wee hours of the morning... Coincidentally, we've been receiving Paypal email address errors when relisting or listing yesterday and today. We're on Managed Payments and our email address hasn't changed. Something is up on eBay's end... 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply