cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Orders may contain incorrect shipping address

We recieved this message from Ebay this morning:

On April 7, an issue generated errors in the shipping addresses associated with some buyer orders. Please confirm the buyer’s shipping address by reaching out to the buyer on any orders placed after April 7 that have not yet been sent. If a mismatch is found, please cancel the order and relist the item. eBay will protect your performance for canceled orders, remove any resulting negative feedback and refund associated fees.

I have contacted my customers and found inccorrect address information, which I have had to manually correct. There is no information from Ebay about when we can trust the their system again and infact after a long conversation by phone with an Ebay customer service agent, I discovered that they also had no idea about why this has happened, how long before it is fixed and what may have happened to shipments made between 7th April and today (18th of April) .

Is anyone else having to deal with this 'Ebay Technical issue'? Does anyone have an answer to when this will be fixed?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Ebay Orders may contain incorrect shipping address

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/APP-Keeps-Changing-My-Shipping-Address-To...

Typically when eBay contacts affected sellers it's when a fix is already in place or in process. There's an eBay rep participating on the above discussion if you want to jump on there and @ mention him with any questions.

If you choose to contact CS through phone/chat I suggest referencing the open tech ticket so they can check on the status: ALERT 15269

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 2 of 14
latest reply

So I got this email last night as well.

This is the most concerning part to me:

Please confirm the buyer’s shipping address by reaching out to the buyer on any orders placed after April 7 that have not yet been sent.”

So eBay is expecting us to reach out to buyers to ask for full shipping addresses before we mail items going forward until told otherwise? 

I only sell 5-10 items a day but this is going to be very time consuming if that’s the case, assuming the buyer even replies to the message, which is rare.

I also have 1 business day shipping so this work around isn’t very practical.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

What about items I've already shipped that are maybe headed to the wrong address? I didn't see anything in the message about eBay covering our losses in those cases.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

I had a sale to a buyer in Puerto Rico I had to cancel because they had their country as PR instead of the US. They had a bunch of great feedback. I’m wondering now if this glitch cost me a sale already because of that. The buyer never replied to my message asking them to update their shipping address.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@neatfreaky wrote:

What about items I've already shipped that are maybe headed to the wrong address? I didn't see anything in the message about eBay covering our losses in those cases.

As long as you ship to the address on the order and tracking shows a delivery attempt or item returned for a bad address, you’re covered by seller protections. You won’t have to refund. 

If package is returned to you, you can refund item less shipping and fees though you’re not required. 

eBay should cover refunds to buyers due to their system issue.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

@neatfreaky wrote:

As long as you ship to the address on the order you’re covered by seller protections. You won’t have to refund. 

If package is returned to you, you can refund item less shipping and fees though you’re not required. 

eBay should cover refunds to buyers due to their system issue.

@wastingtime101 I agree eBay should cover those refunds due to the reasons you mentioned, but just in case, I've also asked Devon to confirm that on the other thread.

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@bcmike0_1 wrote:

I had a sale to a buyer in Puerto Rico I had to cancel because they had their country as PR instead of the US. They had a bunch of great feedback. I’m wondering now if this glitch cost me a sale already because of that. The buyer never replied to my message asking them to update their shipping address.

Nope, thats an entirely different subject. Nothing to do with the system reverting to old addresses.

GLORIOUS!

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Also confused, because I thought there was only seller protection if we ship to a verified address in their account. If they message a different address, does the seller protection still apply?

I also received this email, and wonder if I am supposed to message every buyer to confirm the address of items shipped between the 7th and the 19th?

Has the issue been resolved? I bought labels last night and have packages ready to drop off at the post office.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@nairbtd wrote:

Also confused, because I thought there was only seller protection if we ship to a verified address in their account. If they message a different address, does the seller protection still apply?

Not if you ship to the new address given through messages. That’s why the message said if the buyer confirms an address error you need to cancel the order and relist for the buyer to purchase again with the correct address.

Only message buyers if you have not shipped their package yet.

GLORIOUS!

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

That’s why the message said if the buyer confirms an address error you need to cancel the order and relist for the buyer to purchase again with the correct address.

And will the re-order really have the correct address or will it be necessary to check with the buyer again?

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

I have no idea. Maybe devon@ebay can answer that.

GLORIOUS!

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

That is what an address to Puerto Rico should say. They are a US Territory but it is their own country.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

An update on the Ebay Glitch ! I have spoken on the phone with Ebay and apparently the technical issue is now resolved. I pointed out that it would be good if Ebay had updated sellers with this information.

Message 14 of 14
latest reply