cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIS not offering shipping to UK

I had a customer contact me who wants to purchase from me, but EIS is not providing an option to the United Kingdom. And they are a previous customer of mine. Who previously purchased product through the same listing. Using EIS.

The business policy used by the listing was modified in the past to define shipping to only the US and Canada. Other countries, those not specified, were supposed to be shipped via EIS, but while most display, none of them now work (it says to contact me). And in the case of United Kingdom it doesn't show at all.

In an attempt to get EIS working, I changed the business policy so that it says I only ship to the US, no international, so EIS would kick in. It may have. I'm not sure. However, the United Kingdom is still completely missing.

And, also, the link that Ebay sometimes shows to the customer to "Contact the seller" for shipping costs does not work either. It goes to an error page. "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again later."

In any case, this is what my listing currently shows for shipping information:

Ships to: 
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan Republic, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde Islands, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Democratic Republic of the Congo, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Finland, France, Gabon Republic, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Republic of Croatia, Republic of the Congo, Romania, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, United States, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City State, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, Western Samoa, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe

Excludes: 
Barbados, French Guiana, French Polynesia, Guadeloupe, Libya, Martinique, New Caledonia, Reunion, Russian Federation, Ukraine, Venezuela

Notice that the United Kingdom is completely missing. Not sure what I'm supposed to do here.
Message 1 of 127
latest reply
126 REPLIES 126

Re: EIS not offering shipping to UK

How can you exclude whole categories without knowing which one's have no product safety markings?

Ironic that because you took a stake in Funko Inc all Funko Pops are excluded from your rules! 

Message 91 of 127
latest reply

I just lost a sale because of ebays rediculous international shipping decrees.  If I walked into any one of hundreds of shipping companies incuding USPS, Fedex, UPS etc They would gladly ship my items to the UK! 

Message 92 of 127
latest reply

I've had several UK customers contact me asking if I can ship to the UK. I've shipped to the UK several hundreds of orders in the past. I'm losing out on sales now. 

Message 93 of 127
latest reply

I'm sure that you can set up specific listings to use usps to the UK. You might want to try that for your

Funko Pops.  It may not be ideal but you wouldn't lose those sales that way.

Message 94 of 127
latest reply

I have been experiencing this issue for months now. I sell motorcycle parts. I can ship via EIS to every country except UK. Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

Message 95 of 127
latest reply

I'm having this issue, lost a sale today, I don't know how many total.

Message 96 of 127
latest reply

Ebay is restricting the sale of motorcycle parts to UK. I'm having the same issue.

Message 98 of 127
latest reply

I sell computer parts like RAM and have not been able to sell to UK buyers for months now using ebay International Shipping. Don't know what to do since I used to get a good number of orders from there.

I cannot put both EIS and USPS as a shipping option in the same listing. Really frustrating.

Message 99 of 127
latest reply

Under "eBay International Shipping", I used "Add other shipping services"  and selected "USPS First Class Mail International Service" and chose "Ships to: United Kingdom" so now it's showing "United Kingdom" as a shipping option.

Message 100 of 127
latest reply

Right, but the concern would be the item getting seized at customs. There must be a reason eBay will not ship these items, right? I don't want to start shipping USPS to the UK and then be on the hook for thousands when my items are not making it to my buyers. 

Message 101 of 127
latest reply

In my experience, customs never seize. They return it to the senders address on the package. I had used ebay international shipping to France about a year back. ebay returned the package from their own shipping facility stating that they can't ship this package to France. Gave no other reason. I then shipped it via USPS myself without any issues.

Message 102 of 127
latest reply

@electrostation 

@vinyltap_11 

If you check this thread, you'll see  a reason in Message #26

"There are certain categories that had to be blocked when shipping to the UK as a part of a new law for the UK that items have to have special product safety markings. These are not eIS specific, and it is all shipping methods into the UK."

Message 103 of 127
latest reply

Thanks. I am aware of that post. I have not been able to find anything about the UK shipping rule aside from this forum. Royal mail website, UPS, USPS, FedEX, none of them mention anything about these restrictions.  It's all very confusing. 

Message 104 of 127
latest reply

As far as toys go - I think EIS has hit the wrong button as the UK gov website specifically says this - and most toys I've seen (modern ones anyway) all have the CE marking which according to the site IS acceptable for import into the UK.

Placing goods on the market in Great Britain or Europe

Type of product Accepted markings or combination of markings

Manufactured products being placed on the GB marketUKCA or CE
Manufactured products being placed on EU marketCE

You can wade through the full explanations/guidance on the gov.uk website.

The website btw is https://www.gov.uk/guidance/using-the-ukca-marking#:~:text=The%20UKCA%20marking%20must%20be,marking%....

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 105 of 127
latest reply