cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Description search function not working.

The eBay search engine is not returning results for description searches.   Or it is failing to properly index descriptions when an item is listed.  (Indexing is the process by which descriptions are assimilated into the search engine database.).   Either way, buyers who use title/description search are not seeing all the results that should be returned by their searches if the search engine were working properly.     I have performed several tests and in most instances received 0 results for title/description searches when normally I would receive dozens, even hundreds of results.   This problem has been ongoing for at least the past 2-3 days. 

If you are a seller and your items are suddenly not receiving the bids/views they normally would, this may be why.   If you are a buyer using title/description search and suddenly not getting the kind of results you are accustomed to, this may be why. 

I urge eBay to please fix the title/description search issue as soon as possible.    My buyers rely heavily on title/description search, consequently so do my sales.   I am sure thousands of other sellers are similarly affected.  

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Description search function not working.

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 46 of 46
latest reply