cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Count of Listings in Store not matching count for Active Listings?

I've been tracking our store count for the past several days... but the reported # of listings in our store... is continually about 30 items less than eBay indicates for our "Active Listings."   As it's apparent that there is no "technical help" option in speaking with customer support... I figured that I'd try here.

I've been watching the number of listings in our eBay store jump back and forth... to the correct number (matching Active Listings) and then later reporting a lower number... where it stays for days at a time.

Can't tell is there are items not showing up on eBay servers... or if there is another remedy the can get us back to numbers that correctly match our true inventory.  I've refreshed all of our listings... and held off more than 24 hours before listing more new items... to no avail.  Only "Active Listings" has an accurate number... while our eBay Store reflects incorrect listing totals.

Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Count of Listings in Store not matching count for Active Listings?

just saying, called again and had a ticket opened, suggest others do same. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 16 of 49
latest reply

Same problem here for the past week or so.  We have 1200 listings.  Last week the store showed 692 listings.  So we went ahead and relisted everything.  The store then showed 867 listings.  Gave it a few days and saw no change in the disparity.  Pulled everything down and relisted again this morning.  And now the store only shows 744 listings. 

Message 17 of 49
latest reply

Discrepancies between the count of listings in your store and the count of active listings can sometimes occur due to various reasons. This might include items being in a different status (like drafts or paused listings), items pending approval, or some listings being counted differently within store categories. It's advisable to review your store's listings, check for any drafts or pending items, and ensure all listings are properly categorized to match the count accurately. If the issue persists, contacting eBay support for assistance would be the best step to resolve this discrepancy.

Message 18 of 49
latest reply

don't end/relist listings, that's a waste of time and use of your allotted monthly listing. The issue cannot be fixed by any means to sellers, it's a site wise issue that tech support must address and fix, but that can only be done by calling, reporting the issue, have a ticket made....after x amount of people doing that, a site wide issue ticket will be acknowledged by ebay.

Don't need to say all this really, everyone knows that is how ebay works site wide issues.

Message 19 of 49
latest reply

I was finally able to speak to an agent about this problem (so lesson learned:  when all else fails... just keep telling the chat bot that you want to "connect with an agent").  At first they though this was a new issue... but after some digging... the agent confirmed that this is a known issue; originally reported through eBay (United Kingdom).  They were able to confirm that there is a discrepancy between the Active Listings and the eBay Store... and that searches are impacted as well.  They acknowledge it as being a problem that needs to be corrected.. but their tech team has no resolution for it yet.  They have added my User ID to the ticket that is already on file.  And so for now... we wait.

Message 20 of 49
latest reply

@saturdaystoys 

Did they give you an alert number for this known issue?

cc: devon@ebay 

ShipScript has been an eBay Community volunteer since 2003, specializing in HTML, CSS, Scripts, Photos, Active Content, Technical Solutions, and online Seller Tools.
Message 21 of 49
latest reply

@shipscript wrote:

@saturdaystoys 

Did they give you an alert number for this known issue?

cc: devon@ebay 

I posted about this on Dec 14th (but I don't have a store) on the Sellers forum, and both Devon & Elizabeth were tagged, but never responded there either. There is a screenshot of the discrepancy on the post.

If I had a ticket number, I'd gladly contact a chat agent and add myself to the ticket. 

Edit: https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Invisible-Listings/m-p/34172404/highlight/true#M2325733

Message 22 of 49
latest reply

Also, on my phone browser while not logged in today, there are only 50 of my items visible. 

I actually have 52 items listed. For a while, I had 54, and 4 of them were invisible (only 2 pages worth of items, 25 per page - I even counted them to make sure).

Message 23 of 49
latest reply

Update: everything remains as was, wrong counts on store/see all pages - reporting and open ticket has resulted in zero tech support - no site wide ticket for the issue still and individual tickets have gone ignored. 

@community_team elizabeth@ebay devon@ebay kyle@ebay 

Message 24 of 49
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

Update: everything remains as was, wrong counts on store/see all pages - reporting and open ticket has resulted in zero tech support - no site wide ticket for the issue still and individual tickets have gone ignored. 

@community_team elizabeth@ebay devon@ebay kyle@ebay 

Hey @nuclearomen! As of this morning we have not seen any sitewide tickets open for this issue. We do have this reported and we will let you and others know if we do see a ticket opened on this. 

Devon,
eBay
Message 25 of 49
latest reply

I also noticed this issue about a month ago. My store count is usually slightly off, but for the last month it has been about 850 items high.  11000 listings, but showing 11850.   So lets get a site wide ticket open.

Message 26 of 49
latest reply

Can I be added to ticket?

Currently I have 19,293 active listings from seller hub but when I go to the store it only says I have 18,697.  Where have the roughly 600 listings gone?  I always had this issue but it was always off by 150 items, now the gap seems to be increasing.  

Thank you

Message 27 of 49
latest reply

devon@ebay 

I’m having the same issue. My store and View sellers other items is showing 3596 items while active listing page is showing the actual count  of 3464. 

Message 28 of 49
latest reply

devon@ebay update: still nothing changed - wrong count remains.

Message 29 of 49
latest reply

I have 328 active listings, but it only says 320 in my store and via clicking the "see seller's other items" link. I went through my inventory spreadsheet to figure out which listings weren't showing up and identified which ones are missing.  

Now - I did this by comparing my spreadsheet against the items as shown in the mobile app and realized they are only missing there. Those eight items ARE appearing on the website when I manually count them in my store. So even though the count says 320 on the website, all 328 items are showing. If I search for them individually on eBay, they show up in the results on the website AND in the app. The only place they aren't showing up at all is in the app if I link to my store or to "see seller's other items".

Also, I notice now if I sort by best match on the app rather then newly listed (which is how I had it when I was comparing inventory), some of the "missing" items show up at the top - probably because I gave them some action by searching for them. If I sort back to newly listed, those items disappear on the list in the app.

In no way do I think what I typed above is going to be helpful to anyone lol - just wanted to add it for the record if anyone from eBay support is reading this.

Message 30 of 49
latest reply