cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't adjust the size of a Shipping Label on printer SCALE setting any less than 100

As of about 3 days ago for some reason something has changed. If I try to scale a shipping label down below 100 to fit a smaller area it will vanish if i scale it back too 100 or more it will come back and I can print. A problem if I need to print a label for a smaller box top are. I have not changed any settings on my printer or settings in label section. I am using a PC & Cannon Pixma Printer not a CELL PHONE to sell and print. I know a lot of Ebay changes of late are geared to a Cell Phone rather than a PC. All was good up until about 3 or 4 days ago. Anyone else see this issue yet? Thanks for input Reabus

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Can't adjust the size of a Shipping Label on printer SCALE setting any less than 100

Try a different browser.

Or try saving the label and opening with a PDF reader. Use the PDF reader to set the scale and print.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Re: Can't adjust the size of a Shipping Label on printer SCALE setting any less than 100

Thanks for reply.... I understand I can try different browsers and adobe. Like I said it just started doing this 3 or 4 days ago. I haven't changed anything! It would be a lot easier on Sellers if Ebay would just set up a Seller Hub for PC and another for Cell Phone instead of trying to get them both to work on the same platform and making changes all the time. I can go to Chrome and still adjust scale just doesn't work on Microsoft. it's a hassle to dig around every few months and find out what works! Thanks J

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Just loaded Adobe Reader back all good no problems now. It is what it is. Over n Out, J

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@reabus wrote:

Thanks for reply.... I understand I can try different browsers and adobe. Like I said it just started doing this 3 or 4 days ago. I haven't changed anything!

Usually something like this happens when there's a conflict between a browser update and eBay, or sometimes between an eBay update and the browser. You don't have to change anything for something like this to work one day and stop working the next.

Setting up your browser preferences to open PDFs with Adobe will get you around the issue, regardless of any browser or eBay updates happening behind the scenes @reabus . And for what it's worth, this appears to be specific to Microsoft Edge right now as there have been a few reports. Other times we'll see problems reported with other browsers.

There's no point in reinventing the wheel so I'm going to copy/paste a response written by @rfmtm that includes more info you might find helpful:

If you open the label file with Adobe and not the browser's built in reader, you should have no problem scaling to whatever value you want.  However, going below 80% the barcode scans may be problematic unless you print in high resolution, and/or graphic mode, on bright white paper stock that maintains crisp black edges of the bar lines. 

Plus some printers, especially label printers, can distort the bars when scaled too small.   This also can occur when sending even a high resolution image to a printer that then down converts the barcode image to print it.   So check under magnification to be sure.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Yes! You are correct Microsoft Edge... I got Adobe and also Google Chrome is working and able to adjust. Thanks for info, 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

I'm having same problem, and my margin setting have disappeared. It is only happening when I try to print the label, anything else the margins and scaling show up and are working properly

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I usually use Edge browser and the same problem recently happened to me, where I could no longer resize the shipping/postage label.  I tried it on the Chrome browser and it works as it should.  

I think the problem is because of a recent Microsoft update. 

To report glitch to Microsoft:  In Microsoft Edge click the 3 dots > Help and Feedback, or press Alt+Shift+I

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Update

I think they fixed it, resizing works for me again in Edge. 

I did report the issue to microsoft, they replied they would let the tech people know, so maybe they got enough reports to get their attention.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Yes it's fixed and working as it should in Edge at this for me also. 

Message 10 of 10
latest reply