cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bidder Or Buyer Question And Reply Not Showing Up In The Listing

When a bidder or buyer asks the seller a question there's a box at the bottom of the page the seller can check if he wants the question and reply to be posted to the eBay listing. THIS FEATURE IS NOT WORKING! I spent about 20 minutes on the phone with an eBay customer service agent trying to explain this. She, at first stated that this information would not be made "public" due to security concerns. I had to explain to her the question asked by a bidder or buyer doesn't show their user ID. After the eBay customer service rep did some research she stated that this technical issue was reported to the programming department and that they are working on it (hopefully it won't take 4 months to fix like the last programming situation I reported). If a seller replies to a question and checks this box it will not show up in the eBay listing. If a seller wants to verify this you can do the following after the email reply is sent: go to your Inbox; click the box on the left side next to the email; Mark as "unread" and the email will be highlighted; click the email; click Reply; click "Answers previously posted to listings" at the bottom of the page and you'll see what's suppose to be posted to the listing. However, this buyer's question and seller's reply doesn't show up in the listing.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Bidder Or Buyer Question And Reply Not Showing Up In The Listing

If you are talking about the feature where ebay displayed question &answers at the bottom of listings, that ended a couple years ago.  At that time they were still showing up under the "contact seller" and then "other".   You also can only find those on your listings while signed out of your own ID.

I'm not sure if there are still displayed there now or if the process has since changed because, it was so convoluted to find them,  I stopped looking.   If I knew which of your items you posted a question to display, I could check yours.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I'm not so sure this is a technical issue---I believe it is working as ebay intends for it to.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

fern*wood is correct. On your listing page when a buyer clicks contact seller they will see the Q&A under the section the buyer clicked on to ask their question. Here's one of your listings where the buyer clicked on "details about item" to ask you a question and you posted the answer to your listing-

buyerquestion.jpg

@mod-designs4u 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for the info! I had no idea that eBay ended the feature for the option of placing the question and answer at the bottom of the listing (adding to the description). The customer service rep made no mention of it. It has been a few years since I used this feature (most of my current questions are from potential buyers making an offer even without having a "Make Offer" option in the listing). This was the first time in a while that I wanted the question and answer to show up in the listing and it didn't work (I think having to answer questions is time consuming and try to provide a copious description to avoid this hassle...but in some cases a buyer may ask a good question that I didn't consider when writing the description).  Posting a question and answer to be part of the description sometimes makes good sense which is why eBay decided to cancel this feature (how much logic does eBay really have? 🙂 I now see by another post on this thread that a potential buyer can see the question and answer after clicking "contact seller" but IMO the place for such text should be included in the description (for all potential buyers to see without wanting to contact the seller). The auction has already ended so I won't be able to check on how it now works. Thanks again!     

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thank you for the info! I now see how it works. A potential buyer needs to click "Contact Seller" in order to see the question and answer. IMO, a question and answer belongs at the bottom of the page as part of the description so everyone can see it without having to click "Contact Seller." Incidentally, nobody asked "What is the Condition of this Item" and it was already listed as used and preowned. The second "question and answer" was factual and hopefully my response wasn't truncated as shown in your screenshot (it's bad enough that my response shows "'" where a possessive appositive comma is suppose to be which is obviously a programming issue) . If I ever have to deal with this issue again I'll just "revise" the listing and "add to the description" so everyone can see the nature of the question without having to click "Contact Seller" (the less clicks the better for productivity...a flowchart concept ignore by the programming geniuses at eBay:). Thanks again!  

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Then WHY is there still an option to display the question and answer in the listing when the seller answers the question???

Message 7 of 7
latest reply