cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available Quantity randomly changing?

Went to my listings page to check on inventory and noticed some strange numbers under the "available quantity" column. Huge numbers that I did not input... in fact, many seemed to mirror the number sold. This seemed to affect approximately 10% of the listings... the others were fine. Has this happened to anyone else? I went to the listing page and it did show that large number available as well... which could have been inconvenient if someone actually tried to buy 44pcs of my stock that I only had 4 of!

Message 1 of 57
latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Available Quantity randomly changing?

I spent 12 hours updating my listings. What I'm going to do moving forward is download the CSV file from reports in the upload templates to back up my inventory everyday after work. This was a nightmare. 

Message 16 of 57
latest reply

It definitely sounds like there was no "fix" applied!! I'm seeing a lot of other sellers having problems with wrong quantities AFTER the seller XRAY360 said they spoke with ebay tech on the phone (that should have sent off a warning bell) and that it was going to be fixed. I manually adjusted my wrong quantities and they have stayed correct.

Message 17 of 57
latest reply

I noticed the problem on 5/26 at approximately 8:30pm EST. Of course I couldn't find anything about this so I posted the question to the ebay community. Unfortunately, I took the word of seller XRAY360 that they spoke to a rep who told them it would be fixed and marked that as a solution. I can see by the additional comments that did not happen. I had gone into my listings and manually fixed the wrong quantities.

Message 18 of 57
latest reply

9:30 AM EST and problem still not fixed after hours on the phone with customer service last night.  I have approx 25k individual items in hundreds of variation listings that have now doubled to 50k.  It has taken me 3+ years to list this inventory and there is simply no way I can fix this myself.  Additionally, eBay is pulling down listings since I am now 10k over my limits.  I have had this account since 2000.  This could very well be the end.  I'm at a complete loss as to how to best proceed and eBay is not here to help.  Unbelievable.

Message 19 of 57
latest reply

I had this issue happen also, 6000+ listings, going to take me an eternity to fix the quantity on all of them. Ebay will probably do nothing about it, thanks Ebay.

Message 20 of 57
latest reply

I am in the same spot. SOMETHING has to be done about this. This is potentially destroying livelihoods and entire businesses. How can this happen and be brushed off as a mistake? I would imagine this is potentially a legal issue. I am aware that it has to do with anyone who was opted in to the EIS program. Any items that have sold through the program were restocked at the quantity which was sold. I've put my store on vacation mode and am giving this until next week to talk to eBay on the phone and get some answers. This is absolutely wrong and unacceptable.

Message 21 of 57
latest reply

You may as well start fixing them yourself, because based on past experience ebay won't be able to fix them for you.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 22 of 57
latest reply

I immediately put store on vacation..and changed them myself..not sure put 0 till I can checked....

Message 23 of 57
latest reply

I am having this same issue. I have thousands of listings with multiple variations and this is going to cause me so many problems. Every one needs to call ebay to report this issue, as the rep I just spoke with claims he didn't see any other sellers reporting this issue and that I was the first person and then proceeded to suggest maybe it was my third party listing program causing the issue. This thread proves it's definitely ebay.

Message 24 of 57
latest reply

I am so sorry...when I got up I had send an offer to listings I knew were zero...but showed I had 19 available ...I have a small store..fixed in few hrs..I just can not imagine...your store...good luck

Message 25 of 57
latest reply

I spoke with them through e-mail and was told they received many complaints about this, that is is sitewide, and that they are working hard to fix it. That message was received earlier today. I haven't jumped into manually fixing it myself yet, as I am also a seller with 15K+ listings and this has absolutely destroyed my store. Once that seller customer service phone line opens on Tuesday I will be calling and getting some serious answers on this. We need to take this seriously and not just force ourselves into weeks if not months of labor trying to fix this on our own. It is completely insane that this has happened, unacceptable, and something need to be done.

Message 26 of 57
latest reply

It happened to me too - fixed some of them manually but many of my listings have variations so it is very time consuming to go through and manually correct each and every one. would be nice if ebay could at least verify if we should leave the incorrect quantity alone for now (under the assumption they will be able to revert it back to the correct amount automatically) or if i should try and find time to go through and manually edit my 400+ listings all manually...what a headache!

Message 27 of 57
latest reply

I had the same thing happen starting last night on about 25% of my listings. The scary thing about this is what happens next time where its not the item quantity that gets changed but prices! The item you have priced at say $200.00 gets changed to $2.00 or something. Ebay has to take responsibility on stuff like this. Good luck to y'all.  

Message 28 of 57
latest reply

pulled down 171 variation listings that show revision as of may 26.  i left up anything with an earlier revision date which was around 30.  my total monthly items sold/listed dropped from 50k to 4k.  i'm going to manually relist.  it will take me weeks.  just an insane disgrace on the part of eBay that will never, ever fix this.  utterly disgraceful.  23 years on eBay as a top rated seller and they just torpedoed my business!

Message 29 of 57
latest reply

I'm having this same issue too, how are you filtering to find your variation listings and by a revised date of may 26?  This is the most frustrating thing I've encountered on eBay yet.

Message 30 of 57
latest reply